Progesterone levels checked? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I just got my blood work back...I believe I was 13 DPO - hcg 250 and progesterone 23. My last pregnancy my prog. was 30...I'm worried that number isn't high enough. Thing is I can't talk to my doctor or a nurse till Wednesday because they moved offices and everything's caotic over there...phones not working yet/etc. I called the lab to get my results. thanks for listening!
#2 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Over 20 is fine Did you get your prog tested at the same point in your last pgcy? I know the level increases throughout, so maybe this is earlier than you had it tested before? But at any rate, your level sounds great!

Mine was only 9.5 at 11dpo last week. I'm on progesterone now, but not sure it's going to be enough--just keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to get it tested again in the next day or so. My last pgcy, my prog was 13 around 5 weeks pg. I was put on prog then, too, and had no problems--healthy girl. The supplements I took increased my prog level to 21 and the dr. said that was where it should be.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#3 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

I've heard that anything over 15 is just fine, and about 20 is about average for the whole 1st trimester. Your numbers sound just fine! : (And 250 hCG at only 13 DPO is awesome! And here I was secretly excited about 277 at *16* DPO...)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! That makes me feel better. You don't think 250 is too high do you?? I'm PRAYING for only one baby this time around!
#5 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 03:36 PM

I don't think it sounds *too* high. Supposedly it's the rate of change of the hCG that matters more than the absolute numbers, so until you get the results from your 48-hours-later test it's too soon to worry. Also, hCG is a notoriously poor predictor of multiples; it just varies too much. If this isn't too personal a question, were your triplets spontaneously conceived, or with technological assistance? And do you have any other reasons for suspecting multiples?

#6 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

My triplets were spontaneous
#7 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
My triplets were spontaneous

Wowee. That must have been the surprise of a lifetime.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#8 of 9 Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM

Wow. I read somewhere that the odds of that happening are something like 1 in 70,000 or 80,000... that's amazing! Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about *more* multiples in that case. If you'd had some assistance w/ them (fertility drugs or IVF or what have you) and had that done again this time, that would be different...

#9 of 9 Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM

i think its so cool that your triplets were spontaneous

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page