Rude people - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in tears. I just got off the phone with my OB's office and the woman was so rude to me. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I am waiting for some fairly urgent lab results and she refused to give them to me. If she had been nice about it, I would probably still be upset. But the way she did it...I just burst into tears when I got off the phone. Maybe it's hormones, but you would think that someone in an OB's office would be extra nice to the pregnant ladies. UGH.

And my husband's cell phone is turned off so I can't call and sob at him like I'd like to do.
#2 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 AM

I am sorry she was rude to you, there is no need for that. Is there another nurse or receptionist you can speak with? When you do get to see your doc, make sure you let him know how you were treated, that is simply unprofessional. Just because SHE is having a bad day does not make it your problem ... so sorry you had to experience that today and I hope your results come back ok.
#3 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I am in tears. I just got off the phone with my OB's office and the woman was so rude to me. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I am waiting for some fairly urgent lab results and she refused to give them to me. If she had been nice about it, I would probably still be upset. But the way she did it...I just burst into tears when I got off the phone. Maybe it's hormones, but you would think that someone in an OB's office would be extra nice to the pregnant ladies. UGH.

And my husband's cell phone is turned off so I can't call and sob at him like I'd like to do.
I am so sorry. That happened to me once when I was pregnant with ds. I was waiting for some lab work. My usual midwife tried to call, and when I returned her call another midwife got on the phone. She told me that there was a problem with the baby (lab work was false), and was just so mean and rude. I started hysterically crying right on the phone, and she said, "why are you crying?". You just said there was a problem with the baby lady! When she said that I did not answer her, and then she said, "well, I am busy, and I have to go." I can sympathize with how awful that is. I hope you can get your results soon, and definitely put in the complaint.
#4 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
That happened to me once when I was pregnant with ds. I was waiting for some lab work. My usual midwife tried to call, and when I returned her call another midwife got on the phone. She told me that there was a problem with the baby (lab work was false), and was just so mean and rude. I started hysterically crying right on the phone, and she said, "why are you crying?". You just said there was a problem with the baby lady! When she said that I did not answer her, and then she said, "well, I am busy, and I have to go."
Ugh. That is so much worse than what I went through, it makes me feel silly for being so upset. I am a little worried that she might not have been quite as rude as I perceived her to be, so I am hesitant to report it. Pregnancy skews my perception of things sometimes. And it was mostly her tone of voice rather than the actual words that she said.

I am _still_ waiting for my results. My OB said they would get them to me first thing this morning, and it is almost noon. :

ETA: Hey, thanks for all the hugs.
#5 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Ugh. That is so much worse than what I went through, it makes me feel silly for being so upset. I am a little worried that she might not have been quite as rude as I perceived her to be, so I am hesitant to report it. Pregnancy skews my perception of things sometimes. And it was mostly her tone of voice rather than the actual words that she said.

I am _still_ waiting for my results. My OB said they would get them to me first thing this morning, and it is almost noon. :

ETA: Hey, thanks for all the hugs.
It is not a competition. We were both treated poorly.

Even if you misjudged her rudeness we are still on your side. Your feelings are valid either way.

Did she have any idea of when your results would be in or available for you?
#6 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It is not a competition. We were both treated poorly.

Even if you misjudged her rudeness we are still on your side. Your feelings are valid either way.

Did she have any idea of when your results would be in or available for you?
Thanks.

She indicated that another person in the office had the results and would have to call me back. Then I got a call from said other person (she left a message) and she said that she did not actually have the results back from the lab yet. I keep wanting to call back just to ask what time they expect to get the lab results in, but I don't want to deal with the rude lady again. Maybe I should call anyway and be rude to her. LOL. Just kidding, I don't do that kind of thing.
#7 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Here I am in tears again. I talked to yet another person in the office and apparently the doctor or whoever filled out the form forgot to put "STAT" on it, so it may be up to a WEEK before I get my freaking progesterone level back. Meanwhile I already had to wait almost a week just to get the OB appointment and the OB told me I needed to get the test done ASAP.

Now I have to wait for them to call me back YET again. And here I was thinking everything was fine and really looking forward to today: find out my lab results, see that everything is fine, and relax. I guess _that's_ not going to happen.
#8 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Here I am in tears again. I talked to yet another person in the office and apparently the doctor or whoever filled out the form forgot to put "STAT" on it, so it may be up to a WEEK before I get my freaking progesterone level back. Meanwhile I already had to wait almost a week just to get the OB appointment and the OB told me I needed to get the test done ASAP.

Now I have to wait for them to call me back YET again. And here I was thinking everything was fine and really looking forward to today: find out my lab results, see that everything is fine, and relax. I guess _that's_ not going to happen.
Did they offer any solutions? Can you get more bloodwork and have the results back stat?

I am so sorry.
#9 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Did they offer any solutions? Can you get more bloodwork and have the results back stat?
Not yet. They apparently don't believe me that the doctor intended it to be stat ("I'm sure if the doctor thought it was important she would have requested it to be stat."), so they are going to talk to the doctor, then call me back. Now they are on their lunch break so it will be at least an hour before they call. And if the doctor gets called out to go deliver a baby (as she did right after my appointment yesterday--the reason she didn't fill out the form herself), they may not even call me back until tomorrow. :

Maybe today is a good day to bake cookies.
#10 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Not yet. They apparently don't believe me that the doctor intended it to be stat ("I'm sure if the doctor thought it was important she would have requested it to be stat."), so they are going to talk to the doctor, then call me back. Now they are on their lunch break so it will be at least an hour before they call. And if the doctor gets called out to go deliver a baby (as she did right after my appointment yesterday--the reason she didn't fill out the form herself), they may not even call me back until tomorrow. :

Maybe today is a good day to bake cookies.
A very good day for cookies. Are you doing progesterone supplements? i cannot remember if you mentioned it in the other thread.
#11 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
A very good day for cookies. Are you doing progesterone supplements? i cannot remember if you mentioned it in the other thread.
I am not currently on progesterone, despite my RE's recommendations that I supplement, because I wanted to get the results of this test back first. If my levels are low, I need to start supplementing ASAP. If not, obviously, they would be unnecessary.

I have progesterone--a free sample from my RE--and I am just sitting on my hands to keep myself from starting it. :
#12 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I am not currently on progesterone, despite my RE's recommendations that I supplement, because I wanted to get the results of this test back first. If my levels are low, I need to start supplementing ASAP. If not, obviously, they would be unnecessary.

I have progesterone--a free sample from my RE--and I am just sitting on my hands to keep myself from starting it. :
I would call your dr to see if it would be safe for you to take even if your progesterone levels are normal. If so, you are covered either way.
#13 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 03:40 PM

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#14 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

They called me back and...17.9. I guess that's high enough. :

Thanks for all of your support & hugs.
#15 of 17 Old 10-01-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
They called me back and...17.9. I guess that's high enough. :

Thanks for all of your support & hugs.
:
#16 of 17 Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 PM

yay! :

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#17 of 17 Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeay! I'm glad that your test results were good. Sorry you had to deal with that crummy situation... I, too, get really sensitive in early pregnancy.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page