afraid to DTD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that. I'm so afraid to DTD- either I'm really short or he's really long. There are times that I am sure he's bumping my cervix. And I'm just afriad that it might cause bleeding or upset things.

I know that sex is perfectly okay when your pregnant. My head knows this. My brain knows it's a scientific fact.

Anyone who can help me? DH doesn't seem to care one way or the other, but I am getting a little antsy to get back on the horse, so to speak.

:

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#2 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 PM

My cervix sits in a funny place when I'm pg, too. Bumping, getting in the way...I feel ya.

Different positions help make it more comfortable (you'll need to broaden your repoitoire if you're not already, um, broadened, in that sense by the time you're bloomin' pregnant!)...it's worth a try, though, because pregnancy orgasms are......worth it.
#3 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM

I am afraid to have intercourse, but because I am scared of disturbing the cervix at all. I had a loss before, and while sex would not cause a miscarriage, it could cause bleeding which would just make me so paranoid. We are going to abstain for a while, but I agree with MrsTC pregnancy orgasms are awesome!

Until you get more comfortable with intercourse, musiclady, can still enjoy lots of other erotic/sexual play.
#4 of 8 Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 AM

I am always nervous about sex in the first trimester... not to mention that I am rather short in there and he is, um, on the longer side and it is just SO not enjoyable right now! Poor guy...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#5 of 8 Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I don't normally feel very sexy in the first trimester, not due to any fear really, but more because I feel internal, sensitive and my body is totally adjusting to the hormone changes etc. Tell your dh not to worry, because it all gets made up for in the second trimester!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#6 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 PM

i'm nervous too...i just dont want to see spotting of any kind so i've made him wait until after our first sono (which is tomorrow) just to make sure everything is ok in there

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#7 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 04:12 PM

I'm not so much nervous as just bone weary. I don't have the energy for sex at all right now. But I'll be getting back into the swing of things as soon as I can. I love pregnancy orgasms too!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#8 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 04:53 PM

I'll be honest, I avoid DTD entirely now once I'm pregnant. I know everyone says pregnancy orgasms are great and yeah, but I can feel them in my uterus (which is not usually the case), plus they're really really strong. I just get really paranoid about any cramping-type feelings around there, and I spot afterwards sometimes. It just makes me nervous, even though I know empirically that it should be OK. Right now, DH is suffering terrible back pain, so I don't think he's even noticed that I'm avoiding it.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page