Eatin', Eatin', Eatin'... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not that place in England. (so not funny, I know. my brain is frying as we speak)

Whatcha eatin'? Yummy stuff, stuff you crave (whether you're giving into it or not), stuff that makes you gag...?I'm finding that if I eat when I feel like I'm hungry (even if I ate an hour ago) I keep the headache from hell away. And if I lie down when the headache comes on, it gets less horrid. I'm already sooo over eating. It takes time to find something, you have to chew it...

Strawberry smoothies are pretty tasty now. I can't pass up frozen strawberries in the store without buying some.

Corn chips with melted cheese. Yum.

Popcorn with cinnamon and sugar (except the sugar crash later sucks)

Hamburgers.

Real healthy stuff
#2 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 PM

protein. every. two. hours. if i don't do it i get the nausea. my body is demanding the following:

yogurt (whole milk with the cream on top), fugi or pink lady apple with sharp cheddar slices, meat (and to think i used to be vegan ), peanut butter and celery or toast, fruit smoothies with protein powder, amy's vegan enchiladas and burritos, beans and brown rice with veggies (i made a bunch of it and am eating it everyday), and egg or tofu scrambles. so overall, pretty healthy, but i did go out and get a chicken pot pie and a milk chocolate bar from sunflower market the other day- comfort food, anyone?

great, now i'm hungry
#3 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 PM

I have not noticed any dietary changes yet except that I am hungry all the time. I did not notice any cravings/avoidance until 7 weeks with ds, and I am sort of expecting the same. I notice that some things are less appetizing, but nothing on the verge of making me gag yet.
#4 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 03:18 PM

I've been an on again/off again paleo diet/protein power person. Eating this way always made my hormones in balance. I was eating this way when I conceived, then I felt weird and fell off the wagon. I've been on again this week and I think it has helped me. Essentially, I'm eating meat (mostly grassfed if I can, and eat the fat on it!), eggs, fruit, nuts, veggies. Though not strictly paleo, I do throw in some cheese here and there. High protein, high fat.

It is really making me feel pretty good. And the weird thing is that I'm craving these foods. I have no desire to eat any junk...which I find strange, yet very good! Today I had ground buffalo with guacamole and fresh salsa. In a little bit I will be having some raspberries and blueberries.
#5 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM

I've actually been less hungry than usual, though not feeling too bad. I normally snack throughout the day rather than eat very large meals so I've been going for fresh fruits and veggies even when I don't feel much like eating anything.

DD 5/25/09 :
5/22/11
#6 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 PM

I broke down and had a smoothie with protein powder earlier this week. Really needed some protein but tired of eggs and not in the mood for cheese.

Burritos are the main staple of my dinners this week. Love me some Chipotle and Taco Del Mar. Had a banana at 5 or 6 this morning.
#7 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
I broke down and had a smoothie with protein powder earlier this week. Really needed some protein but tired of eggs and not in the mood for cheese.

Burritos are the main staple of my dinners this week. Love me some Chipotle and Taco Del Mar. Had a banana at 5 or 6 this morning.
I rarely feel like eating burritos, and I told dh when I picked him up today that I was thinking about how good one would taste. I was so hungry, but I still think I feel like one. Yum! :
#8 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, this is good. I need ideas.

Forgot about bean and rice burritos. Yum.
#9 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 06:51 PM

It is odd- I first realized that I may be pregnant when I saw tofu in the fridge and it made me queasy. It always has with my other pregnancies. Then I looked at the calendar and realized I was 2 days late! ha!

I am craving fast food french fries and soy chicken. The sight and thought of tofu and eggs make me want to yack... Oh, and I am noticing that I want to put lime juice on everything.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#10 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 07:23 PM

No cravings yet, but I eat a lot! I'm nursing though, so that's what I attribute it to.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#11 of 12 Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am really loving the fruit right now. The family all went to pick organic apples last week, and my favorite snack has been a sliced apple with raw pecan butter on it. Protein's a biggie, too, I always crave meat/eggs when I'm pregnant even though I eat them so rarely when I'm not. I was a raw food vegan until I got pregnant with dd1 when I just NEEDED to eat fish. Strange eh?

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#12 of 12 Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Nothing sounds good to me right now... at all. Which is bad, because I am nursing too!! Blech...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page