Is anyone else... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgetting they are pregnant? Well, not "FORGETTING" but... every once in a while I think "OMG! I'm pregnant!" I guess because this time DD is keeping us preoccupied...

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 PM

Not neccessarily forgetting it, but I just haven't been thinking about it too much yet. I'm sure once my morning sickness comes around then I will. But for now? Forget it. Way too busy!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#3 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Not forgetting, but still in blissful shock. Every little while I am over come by excitement and awe about what is to come.
#4 of 8 Old 10-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Not forgetting, but still in blissful shock. Every little while I am over come by excitement and awe about what is to come.
Beautifully put. Me, too.
#5 of 8 Old 10-04-2008, 09:27 AM

We learned of some other major news in the family the same day we got our BFP. It's been really easy to forget about the pregnancy while concentrating on the other stuff that's been happening - but it's a nice, quiet little secret to come back to.

DD 5/25/09 :
5/22/11
#6 of 8 Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM

I keep forgetting... then something reminds me that I am and then I have a little moment of panic about how close these 2 will be! Then I get happy Gotta love the pregnancy moods..

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#7 of 8 Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't, but as we were saying goodnight, dh said he had totally forgotten I was pregnant all day! Ah well, soon the fact will be unavoidable!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#8 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Yes, me too. I mean it's on my mind a lot, but I go for periods of time when I just forget for awhile. I think it's because I am challenging myself to talk about it as little as possible w/ my DH-- partly b/c every time we get pregnant it's ALL I talk about forever, partly because I don't want to get his hopes up too high about this one. I've also told very few people IRL-- just one person besides my DH, so there's noone else to obsess with me. Interestingly, trying to talk about other things instead is forcing me to think less about it, too. It probably helps that there's SO much going on right now with the economy, the election, etc.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page