I'm here!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear I just left my last DDC... April 08 was a good group of women Anyway, my name is Rachel and I just got a BFP on October 1st!! Our son is 5.5 months and will be 13-14 months when this baby is born.. insane much? Yes, yes I am... but at least it keeps things interesting around here!! This baby was VERY much planned, we just had no idea it would happen so fast, since I just got my first PPAF in September!!! What else.. we are an Army family so we were hoping to get pregnant before DH leaves for a 6 month deployment at the end of the month because that way he will be here for the birth and a good majority of baby X's first year, which he is missing a lot of with Trevor. So yeah.. that is me!! Anyone out there got experience with 2 babies this close together??

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 01:00 PM

congrats! i only know someone who has 2 babies 14 months apart. it's a tandem nursing adventure! other than that i think it's pretty good. your ds and i share the same birthday (such a great day to be born)
Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 PM

Welcome. I don't have any experience with babies that close together...my DD will be 3 when the baby is born. But I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I need to post over on the nursing board to get some tips on how to handle being pregnant and nursing... I haven't even thought about tandeming yet, I really don't know if I'll be able to. I get really clausterphobic with just Trev nursing, I don't know if I would be able to do 2!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I swear I just left my last DDC... April 08 was a good group of women Anyway, my name is Rachel and I just got a BFP on October 1st!! Our son is 5.5 months and will be 13-14 months when this baby is born.. insane much? Yes, yes I am... but at least it keeps things interesting around here!! This baby was VERY much planned, we just had no idea it would happen so fast, since I just got my first PPAF in September!!! What else.. we are an Army family so we were hoping to get pregnant before DH leaves for a 6 month deployment at the end of the month because that way he will be here for the birth and a good majority of baby X's first year, which he is missing a lot of with Trevor. So yeah.. that is me!! Anyone out there got experience with 2 babies this close together??
Welcome and congratulations!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
You should totally ask about nursing in the breastfeeding board, the mamas there are so knowledgeable! : Congrats, I'm so glad all worked out in terms of timing etc.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Welcome!

My kids are 17.5mos apart, but that's still a different ballgame than 13-14mos apart. I'd be happy to answer your questions about nursing through pregnancy and tandem nursing. I'm still nursing both of mine (though my 3y/o nurses just a couple times a week, so it's not super crazy...yet!), so this will be my second time nursing through pregnancy. It adds in a challenge.

With a baby as young as yours, you'll need to work to keep up your milk supply as long as possible. I didn't do that very well last time. It takes a lot of protein, and I was icked out by meat, so it was hard for me. Good luck to you.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:29 PM

i am not in this ddc (or any of them for that matter) but just wanted to assure you my mom had my brothers 14 months part and they are AWESOME! they always played together and had each other in highschool it was a really cool experience for them! so I am sure your two will be just as close and LOVE the fact they are so close in age. CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck to your husband!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

I really am excited about having them so close together!! Just nervous about handling it and nursing and everything... you know? I am hoping to be able to keep nursing him but I get SO clausterphobic nursing him now!!! I just want him OFF me! It sucks

Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Hey Rachel!! Welcome!! I think it is great your kids will be so close together, yes a lot of work, but I am sure many, many rewards! And so happy you did get your BFP before hubby was deployed.

Critty
Old 10-05-2008, 12:57 AM

congrats on pregnancy

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM

good luck and congrats!!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:17 PM

my nieces are 12 mos and 3 weeks apart and SIL seems to be doing ok I think as they get older though it will be cool cause they'll be in to the same things and such almost like twins

congrats :

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

User Tag List