Weekly Chat Thread (Oct 4) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I wish we had an LLL chapter close by.. I hadn't thought of emailing one of the leaders though! We live in the middle of freaking nowhere.... kinda sucks at times like this!
Perhaps you can start your own chapter and become a leader. You certainly have a lot of experiential knowledge.
#62 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 04:56 PM

My allergies kicked into overdrive yesterday. Did some research and found a safe antihistamine that won't put me to sleep and got some today. What an amazing difference it's made. I was literally sneezing every time I moved, my face and eyes were puffing up and my nose was a veritable faucet. Ugh. I hate having allergies.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#63 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, sorry beach. I hate allergies. I usually get really bad sinus headaches when mine are bad.

How is everyone else today?

I am just taking it very easy. I did a bunch of laundry and played with ds. That is it. I got the whole swimming class situation worked out, sort of. I called this morning, and the other class with parents is full. There are four days of family swim time at the pool, and we will just take advantage of that for now. I do not think he is going to go back to swim class unless he requests it. We will just the family swim time. I asked him if he wanted to go tonight, and he said yes after hesitating and questiong if dh could go in with him.

This is so funny. My dh was away on business all last week. He goes away a few times a year. Today when ds saw that dh went to work he asked me if dh was going to come over tonight (like he is a guest). I think he thinks he does not live here with us, ha ha. I explained that dh lives in our house even though he goes away once in a while, but you never know what kids think.
#64 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM

Ooh, what would that be, the antihistamine?

I'm praying for the first frost that will kill the ragweed. Oh, my sneezers.

Having a pretty good day today! Feeling pretty good. Now I am. This morning I had major sharp, piercing pains that felt very much to me like my ligaments waking up. Ouch. Double ouch. Must be doing some growing down there. Still mild cramping off and on all day. Grow, baby, grow!
#65 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I got the whole swimming class situation worked out, sort of. I called this morning, and the other class with parents is full. There are four days of family swim time at the pool, and we will just take advantage of that for now. I do not think he is going to go back to swim class unless he requests it. We will just the family swim time. I asked him if he wanted to go tonight, and he said yes after hesitating and questiong if dh could go in with him.
: That sounds perfect. Who needs a stinking class, anyway?

Quote:
This is so funny. My dh was away on business all last week. He goes away a few times a year. Today when ds saw that dh went to work he asked me if dh was going to come over tonight (like he is a guest). I think he thinks he does not live here with us, ha ha. I explained that dh lives in our house even though he goes away once in a while, but you never know what kids think.
Awww. My DD tells me that DH lives at work. He does work a lot, including some night shifts. And sometimes he has a few days in a row where he gets home after she is asleep and leaves before she wakes up.
#66 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi! My name is Erin, and I just got a positive test today! I'm a little nervous b/c I'm having some spotting. I hope it's just from implantation, but I've had 3 m/c's. My EDD is 6/18.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#67 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelsMommy View Post
Hi! My name is Erin, and I just got a positive test today! I'm a little nervous b/c I'm having some spotting. I hope it's just from implantation, but I've had 3 m/c's. My EDD is 6/18.
Welcome and congratulations!!! I am thinking good thoughts for you and keeping my :!
#68 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
Ooh, what would that be, the antihistamine?
Loratadine.It's marketed as Claritin. It's not "officially" recommended for use because there have been no human studies, of course. But it has been extensively studied in animal populations at more than 8 times the dose normally given with no teratogenic or other effects in the fetus or babies.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#69 of 146 Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM

i have allergies too! and they are doubly awful when pregnant!!

i read on the internet that benadryl was okay though, as long as you're not guzzling the stuff. it's all i take, along with singular.
#70 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I have always gotten the "crawling out of my skin" feeling, it is just a hundred times worse now. When he is nursing I seriously just want to pop him off and run away sometimes! Any ideas or thoughts on the situation would be great...
It's a long shot, but have you heard of this? http://www.d-mer.org/ I saw a link to it on another blog somewhere. . .can't remember where. Could this be the source of the skin-crawly, run-away feeling?
#71 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

How is everyone feeling today?

I feel blah. Dh was up working in the middle of the night, and woke me up. I was up for hours. I am so exhausted now. My house is freezing. I am hungry, but nothing sound appetizing.
#72 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post
It's a long shot, but have you heard of this? http://www.d-mer.org/ I saw a link to it on another blog somewhere. . .can't remember where. Could this be the source of the skin-crawly, run-away feeling?
Wow.. that is really interesting!! I guess it could be... totally describes how I feel, so maybe? Not sure what the next step to fixing that would be though...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#73 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Wow.. that is really interesting!! I guess it could be... totally describes how I feel, so maybe? Not sure what the next step to fixing that would be though...

Yeah, I don't know, either. Maybe it's one of those things where you can say, "Ah, it's just a brain quirk" and muscle your way through it (like you have done already--go, you!!). I know that if nursing had made me feel that way, I would have found it wicked hard to continue.

They do offer some suggested treatments, a lot of which are natural, on the sidebar of the first page under management of d-mer.
#74 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Hey everyone,

I just heard from our fertility clinic, and our latest beta numbers are great, so M can stop going in for bloodtests. We go for our first u/s on Saturday to see how many little babies (they put in two embryos) are in there and hopefully hear the heart beats. I know there are risks with early u/s but please don't share them with me! We need to have this done, so ignorance is bliss ...

Going to go get some ginger candies (thanks for the recs!) for M and check out what they recommend at our fab health food store. She is feeling ill, and exhausted. I know m/s is suppose to get worse around week 6 and I can't imagine it getting worse for the poor girl. She hasn't actually been sick, just feeling super crappy.

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday! It is DH's b-day so we will be celebrating that plus the high beta numbers tonight!

C
#75 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Critty! Happy Birthday to your dh. What do you have planned for your celebration/birthday eveing? Cannot wait to hear the update on Saturday after the ultrasound.
#76 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Critty, :

I am having a super lousy day. My DD has lost her mind over the past several weeks: tantrum after tantrum for no apparent reason; refusing to do anything I ask her to, including dress herself (or let me dress her); screaming "Mama's PREGNANT" at the top of her lungs in the grocery store; etc.. Today it all sort of came to a head. We went to the beach this morning, but we were late getting there because DD delayed getting dressed and eating her breakfast, so I didn't get to run my errands (including having my blood drawn for a long-awaited and totally critical test) in the morning. Then of course we had to come home & shower & eat lunch after the beach, and DD absolutely _refused_ to get dressed again after the shower; pooped on the floor; and refused to hold still so I could clean her butt, resulting in yet another HUGE tantrum. I actually yelled at her, which I _never_ do. Then I felt so bad for yelling that I broke down into tears, and spent the next two hours sobbing. I guess there were some hormones involved. DH had to come home to watch DD so I could actually go out & get my blood drawn. I feel totally shell shocked. Someone please tell me this is not going to continue. I don't know how much more I can take.
#77 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

nono, chances are your dd is going to resist control and assert her individuality for the rest of her life. I am sorry it culminated into such a crummy day today. I have really tough days with ds too. Some days I can handle everything he puts at me, and other days I just want to scream (and occassionally I do). I feel guilty afterwords too, but I try not to indulge in that too long. I just try to do better the next time.
#78 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 08:39 PM

nono, sorry you've had a rough day. I have no advice, as this is number 1, but I'm sure this too, shall pass.

I've had a pretty good day, although I accomplished next to nothing at work. I'm too excited to focus! DH unexpectedly worked really late last night, so I didn't get to tell him until this morning. I wrapped up a little jersey for his favourite soccer team, with our last name on the back, that I've had since we first started trying, along with a card and the positive test. He was so cute. He saw the jersey, said does this mean what I think it means, then just kept saying wow, hugging me and giggling

I also booked my first appointment with a midwife today! : There aren't many of them around here, so I thought I'd better call early, but I was totally surprised that they could actually fit me in on Thursday!!! Does anyone have any ideas for what I should be asking at the first appointment? I know this is totally early for a first appointment, but I figure I'll mostly just ask questions, and maybe get a little blood work done.

I'm really not a superstitious person, but what's really weird about this whole thing is that I've always worn #13 for all the sports I've played. I was joking around that maybe September would be lucky month 13, and sure enough it was. And...EDD is June 13. Weird, huh?

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#79 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry beach. I hate allergies. I usually get really bad sinus headaches when mine are bad.

How is everyone else today?

I am just taking it very easy. I did a bunch of laundry and played with ds. That is it. I got the whole swimming class situation worked out, sort of. I called this morning, and the other class with parents is full. There are four days of family swim time at the pool, and we will just take advantage of that for now. I do not think he is going to go back to swim class unless he requests it. We will just the family swim time. I asked him if he wanted to go tonight, and he said yes after hesitating and questiong if dh could go in with him.
That sounds like a good solution to the swimming issue. I saw a neat book at an Usborne book party this summer, it was about teaching your child how to swim. It looked like it had a lot of good tips in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Critty, :

I am having a super lousy day. My DD has lost her mind over the past several weeks: tantrum after tantrum for no apparent reason; refusing to do anything I ask her to, including dress herself (or let me dress her); screaming "Mama's PREGNANT" at the top of her lungs in the grocery store; etc.. Today it all sort of came to a head. We went to the beach this morning, but we were late getting there because DD delayed getting dressed and eating her breakfast, so I didn't get to run my errands (including having my blood drawn for a long-awaited and totally critical test) in the morning. Then of course we had to come home & shower & eat lunch after the beach, and DD absolutely _refused_ to get dressed again after the shower; pooped on the floor; and refused to hold still so I could clean her butt, resulting in yet another HUGE tantrum. I actually yelled at her, which I _never_ do. Then I felt so bad for yelling that I broke down into tears, and spent the next two hours sobbing. I guess there were some hormones involved. DH had to come home to watch DD so I could actually go out & get my blood drawn. I feel totally shell shocked. Someone please tell me this is not going to continue. I don't know how much more I can take.
That day sounds totally sucky How old is your dd?
I feel so bad when I yell--and I'm sure I do it more than you I'm sure the hormones are playing a big part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post

I'm really not a superstitious person, but what's really weird about this whole thing is that I've always worn #13 for all the sports I've played. I was joking around that maybe September would be lucky month 13, and sure enough it was. And...EDD is June 13. Weird, huh?
That is really weird and cool

Lots of nausea today and very tired. Hope that all means good things are happening within!
I haven't been walking/jogging on my treadmill since the beginning of my 2ww--just want to be extra careful until I'm feeling more confident, at which point I'll start again, but just walking. I was just starting to lose a little weight, and now it's all come back again plus more. Is anyone else afraid to exercise?
I pulled out our baby name book last night and just looked through it quickly to see if anything jumped out. That was really fun and exciting! (BTW, it's an awesome book--The Baby Name Wizard. So much better than the normal baby name books.)

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#80 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Sunuptosundown I've never seen the book, but the website that goes with it is pretty cool. I love names, but have such a hard time finding ones I like!

I'm struggling with the exercise thing too. I don't have any problem with walking or jogging, but I'm supposed to have a basketball practice tonight and a game on Thursday. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of playing, but I didn't really want to tell anyone quite yet either. We are telling our parents on the weekend, so I think I'll make up fake excuses this week and then go from there.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#81 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the hugs. DD is 2 1/2. She is usually so sweet and well-behaved that I think I've been spoiled. Yelling "Mama's pregnant" in the grocery store is actually just about the only thing she has ever done in public that I can criticize her for. And, really, I'm sure it will seem funny a few days from now. Oh well. I think I just need to take a step back and lower my expectations. And try to have a sense of humor about it.

Now just as long as she doesn't tell my parents or--heaven forbid--the inlaws that I'm pregnant, I think we'll be okay. :
#82 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM

Oh, and I am _totally_ afraid of exercising. Well, I am lousy at it anyway, but I read something about an increased risk of miscarriage in women who exercise early in pregnancy, so I have given it up altogether. Hey, I don't like exercise, and I don't like miscarriage, so it seems like a match made in heaven for me.
#83 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I am _totally_ afraid of exercising. Well, I am lousy at it anyway, but I read something about an increased risk of miscarriage in women who exercise early in pregnancy, so I have given it up altogether. Hey, I don't like exercise, and I don't like miscarriage, so it seems like a match made in heaven for me.
I like your way of thinking

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#84 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Hi Ladies,

I could use some good vibes for my 3rd beta draw tomorrow. Let's hope those numbers are doubling!!!!

Thanks!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#85 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM

: I'm sending you a ton of good beta vibes B!

#86 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 11:19 PM

no5 - I hope tomorrow is better day for you and your DD!

bdoody - Best of luck on beta #3!!! Hopefully it is the last beta you need!

blissful - thanks!!

I was talking to our REs office about exercise today and they said for M to take it easy in the first trimester, walking and swimming were good. I am not sure if that is because of the IVF or not. I hate exercising anyway, and *force* myself to do it a few times a week. I keep waiting for my body to start loving it, but haven't had that feeling yet!!! I hope I don't pass along my hatred of physical activity to my baby!!!
#87 of 146 Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 PM

I'm no lover of exercise myself. Which is why I find it ironic that I signed up for a bellyfit (cardio, pilates and yoga combo) class at work this fall. Now I don't have the energy to go. Plus, I don't want to shake anything loose, so to speak.

#88 of 146 Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 AM

hmmm, this exercise comment is concerning me, since I exercise a lot, actually. I hadn't heard it being an issue with m/c at all (except for impact sports after the first trimester, of course)

I am still biking ~100-150mi a week, and play ultimate frisbee 2x a week (or 3) and was planning to play hockey until week 12 (like most of my teammates have done)

I figure Ill slow down when I need to, but I did have a m/c this past summer, so now I am a bit concerned. What is the connection between exercise and m/c? My doc had told me as long as it wasn't a big shift from what I was doing before I should be fine.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#89 of 146 Old 10-08-2008, 12:58 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm new here but very excited about it!
I think I'm about three weeks pregnant... due around June 13. This is my first pregnancy. I'm thrilled but very overwhelmed! :
So far I feel pretty good! Sore breasts and some light cramping which I think is ligament streaching from what I've read.
Any tips for the newbie?
#90 of 146 Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
How is everyone feeling today?
I am physically feeling the crummiest I've felt thus far today. Emotionally I am still so blissfully excited and I love my delicious secret, but it's hard when you feel so tired. I also got woken up somewhere around 4am for a birth (LOVELY home birth of a healthy girl, FYI ) and so am really tired. But, I had a nap and now it's midnight and I'm wide awake! :

Quote:
I am hungry, but nothing sound appetizing.
This is exactly how to describe how I felt today! I think I choked down 1 or 2 half-meals today, drank some water. I would feel terrible if I didn't have my awesome vitamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
I just heard from our fertility clinic, and our latest beta numbers are great, so M can stop going in for bloodtests.
Critty, I'm so glad your baby is just growing right along in there! We'll be waiting for your twins update! Do you have any feelings yet? The early/intense MS can be a sign of multiples, as I'm sure you know! It will be good to know for sure.

Quote:
I am having a super lousy day. My DD has lost her mind over the past several weeks: tantrum after tantrum for no apparent reason; refusing to do anything I ask her to, including dress herself (or let me dress her); screaming "Mama's PREGNANT" at the top of her lungs in the grocery store; etc.. Today it all sort of came to a head.
Oh mama! I have so had these crazy days... it's difficult not to feel like a bad mama, but you are doing the best you can. I'm sure you give your dd loads of love and patience, but it gets to the point where it's just too much sometimes. It's also doubly difficult in early pregnancy. You will get through it though, and try not to beat yourself up! Give your dd a little kiss while she's sleeping like an angel tonight, feel her soft little cheek, and try and breathe in some renewed energy and strength for the day to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody11 View Post
I could use some good vibes for my 3rd beta draw tomorrow. Let's hope those numbers are doubling!!!!
Sending you loads of good vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
hmmm, this exercise comment is concerning me, since I exercise a lot, actually. I hadn't heard it being an issue with m/c at all (except for impact sports after the first trimester, of course).
Exercise in the first trimester, consistent with what you did pre-pregnancy, is absolutely not associated with an increase in miscarriage, so don't stress about it! In fact, the increased blood flow and metabolism are so great for pregnancy. Impact sports is a big one, and take rest for water etc. when you need it of course. I tell mamas exactly what your doc said, if you were an exerciser before, keep on going! I would be wary if someone went from being a couch potato to your activity level, but that's a totally different story!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page