Little to no Symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 4 weeks 4 days, but I'm kind of concerned at my lack of symptoms.

I keep taking pregnancy tests to make sure the line stays dark.
I had a m/c in July so naturally I am a little scared of that happening again.

With ds was nauseous constantly, but so far I have little to no nausea. I don't remember when the nausea started though.

My only symptom really is extremely sore nipples and I am slightly more tired than usual. And a few bathroom issues. First I can't go #2 and then I can't stop going #2. That's it.

Anyone else have little to no symptoms? Or am I just too early? Will symptoms start next week or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM

HUGS to you I KNOW how you feel. With this baby i had ZERO symptoms. I was convinced I was going to m/c anytime. I wasnt sick, tired and my boobs didnt get sore ( later on my nipples did). At 7 weeks I saw my Ob and was in TEARS with worry. I had an early u/s and saw a precious hearbeat. Thats the only thing that relieved my mind. have you made an ob appt yet?

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 PM

I'm 5w2d with gloriously dark lines and pretty much no nausea. I have fatigue, the early pregnancy mega bloating of doom (tm ), diarrhea (ugh), and boob issues galore, but no nausea.

Makes me a bit nervous too, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 10-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Hi!
I'm with you - - little to no symptons and feeling a little nervous. I took a test again yesterday and the line was very faint. The first test I took had a nice, dark, obvious line so that made me feel very nervous. Can't wait to see my midwife on Friday! : Are the lines really supposed to stay the same?? I thought the tests usually only indicated the presence of the hormone and not the level of hormone?

As for what symptoms I am feeling - - super hungry alllll the time and super tired. Hopefully that's a good sign that the baby is here to stay. I think my boobs are starting to feel sore but maybe it's because I keep poking them to see if they're sore yet. hahaha!

Good luck!
-KL
Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM

2in09 and sunflwrmoonbeam - my symptoms sound close to yours. I'm 5w4d and only have sensitive nips, slightly tired (I crash hard at night but then can't sleep well), and I'm just starting to get a tiny bit of vague slight nausea off and on, and some digestive issues like sunflwrmoonbeam mentioned.

karissal - There's no way tests can be consistent - especially from brand to brand or even lot to lot. They're also dependent on how concentrated your urine is. Don't let these guys freak you out If you want a definite number, get a beta hcg from your HCP.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM

I haven't had many symptoms at all.. I have been very tired but I think part of that is from having an almost 6 month old who won't nap!! Random nausea.. but other then that I would have no idea I was pregnant!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
2in09 and sunflwrmoonbeam - my symptoms sound close to yours. I'm 5w4d and only have sensitive nips, slightly tired (I crash hard at night but then can't sleep well), and I'm just starting to get a tiny bit of vague slight nausea off and on, and some digestive issues like sunflwrmoonbeam mentioned.
This sounds a lot like me. I am 5 weeks exactly with sensitive nipples/tender breasts, fatigued (but could be normal), waves of nausea (but not unusual for me anyway), and now that you have all mentioned it I cannot even remember the last time I pooped.

Every time I read someone that is around the same gestational age as me with more symptoms I get more worried. I had a miscarriage in January, and that pregnancy I had all day sickness right away. The symptoms were much stronger, so I guess symptoms do not tell much.

With ds I did not start having symptoms until 6.5-7 weeks, and they were really mild until week 8.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 PM

i too am having the same symptoms/lackthereof. sore nipples, waves of nausea, tired a lot. oh, but the gas! i am also becoming progressively more constipated. i am 5 weeks today. the only thing is that the waves of nausea induce some awful wretching episodes. i missed out on a women's health policy briefing this morning b/c i was afraid i'd be wretching the whole time people were speaking

the thing that scares me is that my boobs aren't really sore at all, and my emotions are quite in check. with dd my emotions were so out of control i thought i was going crazy.

perhaps our similar symptoms have to do with our babies' astrology or something. that or we'll all be getting the extreme version of the syptoms in a few more weeks!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liss_420 View Post
perhaps our similar symptoms have to do with our babies' astrology or something. that or we'll all be getting the extreme version of the syptoms in a few more weeks!
Interesting perspective...I do not know much about Geminis. Something tells me we will all have lots of symptoms in a few more weeks.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Interesting perspective...I do not know much about Geminis. Something tells me we will all have lots of symptoms in a few more weeks.
my husband and mother are both gemini's. Oddly, my due date is my mother's birthdate also! They seem to be a complicated folk from my limited sample set

I got my first waves of nausea today, but they passed a little, and definitely had trouble keeping up w/ my coworker on the bike ride home. Out of breath a lot. I got him to slow down (he is the only one I've told since we are close)

but like others, the lack of breast tenderness and even nipple sensitivity makes me nervous (but of course I forget how sensitive my nipples were before! And now its so cold in our house (no heat yet) so if they're erect they're usually sensitive regardless of pregnancy state, no? I can't remember and I am also feeling myself up too much!)

so besides the first tiny bit of nausea, constipation, fatigue, and a lot of peeing if I drink anything. Oddly, if I don't drink anything, I'm fine, but just a half of glass of water seems to warrant many trips to the bathroom. Its not quite a linear thing it seems.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 PM

I've got few, few symptoms too.
I didn't really noticed the inreased pee'ing until after I knew I was pregnant. I'm still not sure it's enough to really consider a symptom.
My ladies are on alert 24/7 and are a little sore, but I had a bilateral reduction two years ago so I don't even notice the soreness anymore. It's been a daily part of life!

I've been a little nauseous but struggling with trying to decide if it's in my head or not, too!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:05 AM

((((hugs)))) Mamas

I always check out the newest pg boards and I swear this topic has been on all of them. I want to reassure you all that I didn't start getting symptoms until about 7 weeks. I was petrified because I felt fine...a little more tired than usual, and my nips were more sensitive, but other than that...I managed to convince my Doc at the time (seeing a midwife now) to give me an ultrasound at about 6 weeks...saw and heard the beautiful heartbeat. Then about a week later I got hit with ridiculous nausea until about 22 weeks! Plus other things, more tired, whole boobs more sensitive, no BM problems but peeing a lot...etc, etc, etc. I KNOW how hard it is to wait out these next few weeks (plus I had the weird crampy feelings off and on, freaked me out too but supposedly normal!), but try not to stress and rest assured you may be puking your guts out soon. And on top of that, I have a few friends who were NEVER sick. So, I started out the same as you all and now here I am nearly 35 weeks with a little girl kicking my in the ribs at this very moment. ((((((Hugs))))) Happy & healthy pregnancies to you all. I hope this makes you feel a teeny bit better...altho I know nothing really will until you see the heartbeat or get sick. Sorry this is long and ramble-y, my brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to. Take care mamas.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
This sounds a lot like me. I am 5 weeks exactly with sensitive nipples/tender breasts, fatigued (but could be normal), waves of nausea (but not unusual for me anyway), and now that you have all mentioned it I cannot even remember the last time I pooped. ...With ds I did not start having symptoms until 6.5-7 weeks, and they were really mild until week 8.
This is me exactly and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks, BBMcGee. We all needed to hear that!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM

One of my syptoms is heartburn. It actually prompted me to buy the test. I never get heartburn unless I'm pg. This is my 4th. Sure enough, it turned positive after 30 seconds! I have been doing the peeing alot, some fatigue, and insomnia. I wake up in the middle of the night, wide awake, and have a hard time going back to sleep. I usually don't get puky sick. I hope this one doesn't decide to be the odd one!

wife, SAH, LDS momma. I have a 14yr ds & 16yr ds ,3yr dd & 4 mo. dd (6/09) and 16yr dsd, 14yr dss.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM

I forgot to say that, but heartburn was one of my first symptoms too. I have it right now. I never get it, and I was getting it when I was drinking water.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM

I'm not feeling a whole lot either. I seem to have some days where I am more symptomatic, and others where I'm not so much. Today's one of those days where I'm not.

I'm 5 weeks, 3 days.

My boobs are a little sore, but nothing bad. They feel "hot" off and on, and some days more than others. They are bigger by about a 1/2 cup size. They're certainly not painful.

I do still have insomnia and a weird sleep schedule. I used to be a natural night owl. Now I want to go to bed by about 9:30AM but wake up wide awake at 5:00AM or earlier. I sort of like it this way!

No pukies, food aversions, etc. My moods go from great to pissy in an instant!

But for the most part, I feel pretty un-pregnant. When I first found out I was, I had a lot of pinching/pulling sensasions in my uterus. Not anymore.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I've had nausea the last few days, and have the pinching and pulling of the uterus the last few days as well (which AF was due yesterday, so I thought maybe she was coming, but thankfully she stayed away!).

The boobs have been a tiny bit sore the last 2 weeks, but for those who don't have any soreness there... that's normal too! I was *really* sore in my first pregnancy, but my 2nd pregnancy had NO soreness at all, probably because I was still nursing #1. This time, I weaned a couple months ago, so I guess they boobs still remember stuff a bit but need to be sore a tiny bit anyway.

My usual early symptoms are slight nausea and pants getting tight (bloating). So far, my pants aren't that bad, but I do notice some tightness. They're a little bit stretchy, so I'm still comfortable.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM

I think I could have written most of these replies too. 5w5d

I'm right with you ladies. Today is the first time I've felt any nausea. More like a ...must.get.fresher.air... feeling.

And way tired.

Think I had food aversion today. I did sign up for the what to expect when you're expecting website, and it said that those things usually don't kick in until week 6/7, so i guess we just get to wait it out a little longer.

Good luck.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The real nausea usually hits me around 8 weeks.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15

User Tag List