Oh NO! *got progesterone results* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsJuneBug View Post
THank you so much guys, im feeling alittle better. Wow, im acting pretty ocd about this whole thing huh?! lol

I think i do need to keep temping for a couple more days though....:
Hey, you're PREGNANT. You're allowed to be freaky & hormonal all you want. Personally, I am still temping. I love seeing those high temps, and I'm hoping you will love seeing them in the next few days too. :

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/b96d7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Hey, you're PREGNANT. You're allowed to be freaky & hormonal all you want. Personally, I am still temping. I love seeing those high temps, and I'm hoping you will love seeing them in the next few days too. :

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/b96d7
Why cant i have temps like you!!! they just keep going up and up!! :
Old 10-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Compare our charts at 11 DPO, whydontcha? Of course, I am not quite sure I agree with ff's interpretation of my O date, but even so. Give it a few days, and you may have a chart just like mine.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 PM

I just read your update! Everyone already gave you great advice and words of wisdom, so I won't say much other than I'm sure everything will work out. And I agree with no5, you get to be paranoid and weird! That's totally normal for a preggers mama!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I stopped temping at 18dpo. My temps were consistently staying at 98.4, but now I want to temp tomorrow. I would love to get a super high temp to put in there.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM

Erin~ I think you will be fine!! Your numbers are actually very good for 11dpo!! Are they going to repeat your betas again next week to see if they are rising?
Old 10-11-2008, 06:28 AM

HCG rule on doubling
For HCG levels <1,200mIU/ml, the expected doubling time is 48-72 hours.
For HCG levels 1,200-6,000mIU/ml, the expected doubling time is 72-96 hours.
For HCG levels >6,000mIU/ml, the expected doubling time is >96 hours.

Normal hcg level for 11dpo (assuming the blood work was done on 11dpo right?) would be between 25-48 and at 40.1 yours is perfect actually a bit on the higher side.
10dpo avg hcg = 25
12dpo avg hcg = 48

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 10-11-2008, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for all of your support ladies!! My temp rose today - yay!! So im feeling alittle better. I think i can stop temping now.

THe nurse didnt understand why i wanted to come back in for another beta, but they are usually pretty good and if insist it should be no problem. How long should i wait? What day would be good to go back in again?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 AM

: I'm so glad you're feeling better. I don't really know much about the betas, but I'm sure someone around here will know.

Quote:
thank you for all of your support ladies!! My temp rose today - yay!! So im feeling alittle better. I think i can stop temping now.

THe nurse didnt understand why i wanted to come back in for another beta, but they are usually pretty good and if insist it should be no problem. How long should i wait? What day would be good to go back in again?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Hey --

Just popping my head in here to say that I do a lot of fertility work in my practice and am used to seeing charts after the +. There is nothing discouraging about your chart. Most people I work with have some ups and downs after their +. I wouldn't worry. The hcg level you have is totally normal too.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Ok one more question - i just got my progesterone levels, 14.78.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Ok one more question - i just got my progesterone levels, 14.78.
That is just a touch low. I have heard several numbers, but going by the strictest guideline I could find, 16 & up is preferable. That said, you are not much below 16 and you are still VERY early on. If it were me, I would probably wait & see--test again in a few days or a week and see if it rises.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/0,,4670,00.html
Old 10-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Catlvrmom: First, love the name Where'd you get those figures? I haven't seen anything online about that at all.

Ashley, who's getting somewhat concerned that she went from ~~1600 to ~3800 in 40 hours.....(nurse says everything's fine, I'm wondering if there's more than one)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 PM

I don't know what prog levels are supposed to be, but my advice is to STOP temping. Your temp went back up today, which should be reassuring, so you'll feel all the better about stopping. I had 3 days of dropping temps and forced myself to stop. A few days later I was rewarded with a HB at my 6w0d u/s. Temps can fluctuate, so don't give yourself more reasons to worry!!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I don't know about progesterone numbers, but your doctor/midwife should give you an rx for progesterone if he/she thinks the number is low.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 10-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Catlvrmom: First, love the name Where'd you get those figures? I haven't seen anything online about that at all.
When I was ttc #2 (5+yrs ago so some of the hpt detection levels are probably off by now) I did tons of research online spent months doing it then put it all together on my website here http://hrdmrdajfd.tripod.com/formyfriends_mrdcatlvr/ The site has a lot of pop ups but my blocker takes care of it.

As for the progesterone levels First trimester normal is from 10-90ng/ml
Quote:
Average is about 20 at 4 weeks past LMP(2 weeks past O)
so your progesterone at only 1 week 4 days of 14.78 looks good to me.

Progesterone levels can be found here http://hrdmrdajfd.tripod.com/formyfr...atlvr/id6.html

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List