Oh NO! *got progesterone results* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My chart is looking an AWEFUL lot like all my other months were i WASNT pregnant. My temp dropped the last two days, although i keep getting positive tests (they're light, but positive).

Whatta you think? Am i gonna lose the pregnancy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 AM

It could easily be a fluke, but if you are worried, go get your progesterone checked. It looks like your LP may be on the short side, so it is probably a good thing to have checked regardless. Good luck.
#3 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Even though you are having a slight dip in temps you overall temp is still higher than the last 2 cycles. I dont see cause for concern just yet. A lot of times there will be temp dip the day before and the day af is due and then it will go back up.

Jun 9dpo 97.3 - 10dpo 97.3 - 11dpo 97.1
Aug 9dpo 97.7 - 10dpo 97.5 - 11dpo 97.1
Sep 9dpo 97.9 - 10dpo 97.7 - 11dpo 97.6

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Even though you are having a slight dip in temps you overall temp is still higher than the last 2 cycles. I dont see cause for concern just yet. A lot of times there will be temp dip the day before and the day af is due and then it will go back up.

Jun 9dpo 97.3 - 10dpo 97.3 - 11dpo 97.1
Aug 9dpo 97.7 - 10dpo 97.5 - 11dpo 97.1
Sep 9dpo 97.9 - 10dpo 97.7 - 11dpo 97.6
I didnt notice that - thanks, it makes me feel a lot better. I guess tomorrow ill know for sure....

Could i have a progesterone problem even though i already carried a child to term with no problems?
#5 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Yeah, your temps are still WAY above coverline. I don't think it means anything. During pregnancy, your temps will rise and fall.

Btw, my temp actually dipped below coverline the day before AF was due, but then it came back up above coverline the next two days. So far, so good! This is my 3rd day of missed AF. And when searching pregnancy charts, I saw some that had that same pattern - a dip around AF. But again, yours is still well above coverline and doesn't look at all like the other cycles.

ETA: I didn't temp this morning, since I got a BFP yesterday and I've missed AF. Temping would probably drive me crazy at this point, so I'm stopping that all together.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#6 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:06 AM

I'm praying everything will turn out fine! If you're scared, I would probably get progesterone checked out, too. Also, do you think it would be beneficial for you to NOT temp? I know that once I'm pregnant, I have to stop temping or every low temp makes me so nervous!
#7 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsJuneBug View Post
I didnt notice that - thanks, it makes me feel a lot better. I guess tomorrow ill know for sure....

Could i have a progesterone problem even though i already carried a child to term with no problems?
Yeah, of course you could.

Also, and I don't want to worry you, but your average temps are pretty low, which could indicate a thyroid problem. So you might get your TSH & antibodies tested at the same time, if you haven't had them tested already. The good news is that both of those things are easy to fix.
#8 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Well I didnt have progesterone problems with my dd but for some reason I had a problem with ds or at least the #'s showed a problem. A 12 day lp is considered normal and your temps dont really indicate a progesterone issue either as far as I can see.

Here are my charts from my pg's Charts Sorry about the pop ups

You can see how my overall temps where higher with dd after O when to my knowledge my progesterone was fine. The temps for ds where quiet a bit lower and my progesterone at 25dpo was only 8.9 but my hcg was perfect.

Also on ds's chart you can see where I had a major temp dip around the time af was due. Dd's I did as well but not nearly as drastic.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#9 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Just wanted to send a . I agree with everyone that says to get your numbers checked if you do not want to take the wait and see approach.

It is very possible to have your hormonal balance change after a child or anytime for that matter, so another pregnancies are not a good indication of hormonal balance now. Good luck.
#10 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
A 12 day lp is considered normal and your temps dont really indicate a progesterone issue either as far as I can see.
I don't see a 12 day LP. I see one 11 day LP and one 10 day LP. Yes, both of those are "normal" but they are also definitely on the low end of normal. And since OP only has a two-cycle history, it could certainly indicate low progesterone. I'm not trying to worry anyone; I'm just trying to be realistic.
#11 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Actually 11 and 10 day lp's are considered to short since sometimes implant dosnt occure till 9dpo which means the egg may not have enough time to implant properly before af arrives. According to Taking Charge Of Your Fertlity anything less than a 12 day lp is cause for investigation. Though some woman with shorter lp's have no trouble getting and staying pg.

I was looking at the chart overly and the one 12 day lp threw me off a bit. Jun was an 11 day lp with af starting on the 12th day aug was a 12 day lp with af apparently showing on dpo 13. I dont see a 10 day lp anywhere though. I am only seeing 2 charts and the chart overlay.

Going back and looking I dont agree with the lp length on the 2 charts shown actually the O day on both to me are off. Aug. I see O day on cd 17 not 18 and in Jun it could have been up to 3 days before it is showing it to be. FF always got my o day wrong : I always oed on the day of the lowest temp not the day after when the temp went up slightly.

#12 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM

I've been charting for over 2 years now, and one thing I've noticed that a period/miscarriage is usually preceded by a drop of AT LEAST .3 degrees, not cumulative, but in one day. You are no where near that, and probably fine.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#13 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I've been charting for over 2 years now, and one thing I've noticed that a period/miscarriage is usually preceded by a drop of AT LEAST .3 degrees, not cumulative, but in one day. You are no where near that, and probably fine.
Yeah that.

And if you removed the one really high temperature, you wouldn't really be seeing a drop at all.

However I also agree that if you're worried, it can't hurt to get your progesterone checked, just for peace of mind.

I hope all is well.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#14 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man ladies - now im nervous. I just got back from the doctors (i was getting an HCG blood test anyway), and they kindly added a progesterone. My leutal phase usually is 10 or 11 days, so the progesterone issue has always been in the back of my mind, HOWEVER i got a positive at 8dpo so hopefully my body knows i have a shory leutal phase and compensated some how. Ill feel better tomorrow i think
#15 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Actually 11 and 10 day lp's are considered to short since sometimes implant dosnt occure till 9dpo which means the egg may not have enough time to implant properly before af arrives. According to Taking Charge Of Your Fertlity anything less than a 12 day lp is cause for investigation. Though some woman with shorter lp's have no trouble getting and staying pg.

I was looking at the chart overly and the one 12 day lp threw me off a bit. Jun was an 11 day lp with af starting on the 12th day aug was a 12 day lp with af apparently showing on dpo 13. I dont see a 10 day lp anywhere though. I am only seeing 2 charts and the chart overlay.

Going back and looking I dont agree with the lp length on the 2 charts shown actually the O day on both to me are off. Aug. I see O day on cd 17 not 18 and in Jun it could have been up to 3 days before it is showing it to be. FF always got my o day wrong : I always oed on the day of the lowest temp not the day after when the temp went up slightly.
This is getting to be a bit off topic, but for what it's worth, you should not count the first day of AF as part of the luteal phase. So that is why my numbers are one day less than yours.
#16 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Oh man ladies - now im nervous. I just got back from the doctors (i was getting an HCG blood test anyway), and they kindly added a progesterone. My leutal phase usually is 10 or 11 days, so the progesterone issue has always been in the back of my mind, HOWEVER i got a positive at 8dpo so hopefully my body knows i have a shory leutal phase and compensated some how. Ill feel better tomorrow i think
Don't be nervous. Many women with average LPs of 10 days or even less have been able to maintain pregnancy. Just get that progesterone level back and go from there. Good luck. :
#17 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
You are doing everything you can. Hoping for the best.
#18 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Waiting sucks, but I'm sure everything will work out fine!
#19 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM

I have an 11-12 day LP and believe I have a progesterone problem, if borderline (lots of chemical pregnancies). I've been supplementing with prog. cream successfully this pregnancy.

I have a friend who had an 8-9 day LP who went on to have no progesterone problems in her pregnancy and has an adorable 6 month daughter now. She had other issues, including her uterus turning inside out and trying to follow the baby, but progesterone wasn't one of them.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#20 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I have an 11-12 day LP and believe I have a progesterone problem, if borderline (lots of chemical pregnancies). I've been supplementing with prog. cream successfully this pregnancy.

I have a friend who had an 8-9 day LP who went on to have no progesterone problems in her pregnancy and has an adorable 6 month daughter now. She had other issues, including her uterus turning inside out and trying to follow the baby, but progesterone wasn't one of them.
My LP was on average 8 days (ranging from 5 to 11), including a 6 day LP the cycle before I conceived, and I also do not have low progesterone. I have a thyroid issue, which I believe was the cause of my short LP. So yeah, there are definitely multiple things that can cause a short LP.
#21 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

I just got the results back on the blood test - 40.1

Isnt the number suppose to double every day? On home pregnancy tests doesnt there need to be atleast 25 to come up positive. So if this was a healthy pregnancy it should be at 200 by now. Right??

Off to google.
#22 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Isnt the number suppose to double every day? On home pregnancy tests doesnt there need to be atleast 25 to come up positive. So if this was a healthy pregnancy it should be at 200 by now. Right??

Off to google.
How many dpo are you? Do you have plans to go get another test?

Some hpt are very sensitive showing a positive at 15.
#23 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Off to google.
Not necessarily true that tests pick up a min of 25--some pick up <10 or <5. So you tested + really early and could have had just a little hcg in your urine. 40 seems to be in the normal range for your dpo.

Did the prog number come back yet?

I had to stop temping--too stressful, as my temps were kind of lower than I thought they should be, too.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#24 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Off to google.
I second the fact that some tests are *really* sensitive. Did you also get the progesterone results?

ETA: I'm sure you're fine!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#25 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

No progesterone results yet, i guess they ship them out to a lab so i wont even know before monday. ETA - nevermind, monday is a holiday...awesome. Some good that'll do. I did steal the pregnancy tests from my work, so they were from a doctors office and im hoping they had super duper accuracy. I'm 11dpo.

Its so crazy how fast a women get attached to this little life. I know nothing i am doing right now is going to affect anything anyway....but i just need to know and so very badly just want this baby to be ok.
#26 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
No progesterone results yet, i guess they ship them out to a lab so i wont even know before monday. ETA - nevermind, monday is a holiday...awesome. Some good that'll do. I did steal the pregnancy tests from my work, so they were from a doctors office and im hoping they had super duper accuracy. I'm 11dpo.
Hmm, you could get some natural prog cream and use that in the meantime. But then you'd be committing to continuing that until you were 14 weeks or so. That's what I did while waiting for my results because I was on prog my last pgcy and I suspected my levels were low, which they were. Follow your gut feeling about that.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#27 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Do NOT base anything on one hcg result! Your hpt did not measure hcg quantity, so that's useless. As a PP said, some tests pick up less than 5 or 10.

Also, your hcg should double every 2-3 days, NOT everyday. So if your hcg was 15 the first day you tested, a level of 40 would actually be VERY good. Normal range for 14 dpo is 3-426.

Get another hcg run in a couple days and make sure it's doubling in the appropriate timeframe. Then STOP TEMPING and don't worry yourself. Seriously, your temps look fine to me. They're staying high. I see NO DIP.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#28 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Its so crazy how fast a women get attached to this little life. I know nothing i am doing right now is going to affect anything anyway....but i just need to know and so very badly just want this baby to be ok.
According to what I read your results are in the normal range for 11 dpo.

I am hoping for the best.
#29 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 05:59 PM

40 is _definitely_ not too low for 11 DPO. And no, your levels are NOT supposed to double every day. It's supposed to double every TWO or THREE days. Or increase by at least 60% every 2-3 days. So even assuming you had your BFP 3 days ago and it was 25 then, 40 would _still_ be an okay number. But as others have said, many HPTs can pick up less than 25. 25 is the advertised minimum that the test is _guaranteed_ to pick up. So try to calm down. You have no reason to think that anything is wrong.

See http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...evelopment.htm
#30 of 46 Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

THank you so much guys, im feeling alittle better. Wow, im acting pretty ocd about this whole thing huh?! lol

I think i do need to keep temping for a couple more days though....:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page