Tell me your menu - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 10-18-2008, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
DH is going to have to do a bit more of the cooking for a while I think.
Dh is doing all the cooking too.
#62 of 68 Old 10-18-2008, 03:35 PM

I'm only 4 weeks right now, so I'm still in the "obsessed with food and can't eat enough" stage. Except for candy.....I can't even look at it because it makes me want to hurl. And forget about smelling it.....I've had my tummy do some somersaults with the smell of Skittles.

The one consistent thing that sounds REALLY good right now is - potato chips! Healthy, no? Oh, and avocado.

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#63 of 68 Old 10-19-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
I'm a raw foodist so I'm sure my menu is quite different than everyone else's. So far today I've had
--4 handfuls hazelnuts
--2 Seckel Pears
--1 Bartlett Pear
--1/2 glass of almond milk
--handful soaked almonds
--1/4 cup chia pudding (chia seeds, almond milk, agave, cinnamon)
--quart of green smoothie (spinach, 3 bananas, 1 orange, and 1/2 T Vitamineral Green)
--HUGE green salad with hempseeds, sea flakes, celtic salt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and nutritional yeast

and of course tons of water

So am I!

Today I had:

~a green smoothie (kale, spinach, flax oil, coconut oil, bananas, strawberries, dates and vitamineral green) I'm living on these nowadays

~raw grawnola (almond butter, coco oil, flax seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds and maple syrup)

~lots of pears, grapefruits, tomatoes, and oranges.

~avocado and onions with sprouted corn tortillas:

~brazil nut milk

Happily married and unschooling 5 kiddos Oct. 2004, July, 2007, July, 2009, Oct. 2010, Nov. 2012 uc.jpg

#64 of 68 Old 10-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Well, bananas are out for now. I had a bad experience with them this morning. Think I'll wait a few weeks before trying again.
#65 of 68 Old 10-21-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachingona1 View Post
So am I!

Today I had:

~a green smoothie (kale, spinach, flax oil, coconut oil, bananas, strawberries, dates and vitamineral green) I'm living on these nowadays

~raw grawnola (almond butter, coco oil, flax seed, pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds and maple syrup)

~lots of pears, grapefruits, tomatoes, and oranges.

~avocado and onions with sprouted corn tortillas:

~brazil nut milk
Wow, yay, another raw foodist! I have not been able to eat many greens lately...I usually eat mostly fruits and greens but through this pregnancy I've been craving nuts!! I usually feel sick when I eat even a handful but lately I just MUST have tons of em. But avocados have been not going down well
Great to hear from another raw foodist though...my blog is http://rawveganpregnancy.blogspot.com

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#66 of 68 Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM

Yay for the raw-foodists!!! I'm not, but I think it's awesome!

Yesterday I really didn't eat much..

Cliff bar
granola bar
prenatal vitamin (rainbow light one-a-day)
vegan bean & macaroni salad
8 oz choc hemp milk
8 oz OJ
and LOTS of spaghetti with marinara and "smart grounds" with sourdough garlic bread.

--

I am so busy, hopefully I'll eat better tomorrow!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#67 of 68 Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM

Today my yummy food is cold cereal.

I haven't been too keen on fresh fruits and veg, but I'm forcing them down. Today, I had an apple and yesterday I had a red bell pepper. It's not bad once I'm already eating, but the thought of eating them isn't too pleasant......

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#68 of 68 Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 PM

I hit the bigtime nausea erlier this week at the 6 week mark. Before that I was doing o.k., but I was very hungry and was eating Junior Mints (the BIG boxes-how disgusting!) like crazy. Suddenly I wanted hamburgers, and as soon as that happened I immediately went into food aversion mode. I mean, I could want something and eat it, and later that day the smell would repulse me. Now, I dread after breakfast because that's when the nausea begins, and does not end, till next morning.

Last night I ate a whole can of beef ravioli my husband got on the way home from work because I couldn't stomach the beautiful casserole leftovers he made the day before! BEEF RAVIOLI??? I haven't eaten that in like 20 years. This morning I had an appt. w/ my daughter, so my husband went to Dunkin. Well, I said "just get me a blueberry muffin", which didn't sound repulsive. Ten mins. later just thinking of it made me wreth, so I'm texting him "Please, get a bagel w/ cream cz instead!" How ridiculous. I actually did great on that all day, but sis dropped by and brought me a treat...sugar babies. Well, stupid me ate a few too many and I am in nauseaville again. Serves me right. No idea what to attempt for dinner. I'm home alone with daughter and just want to sleep!

Age 37. SAHM to 2 girls, 8/06 Breech C-Section and 5/09 VBAC. Angel at 5 weeks 7/11. Expecting 8/11/12!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page