Tell me your menu - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having such a hard time finding food I want to eat. I am really fickle all the time, and I think that pregnancy is starting to increase my already picky ways. Give me some new ideas because I cannot think of anything.

What are you eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Be specific. I need help.

Today for me:
Breakfast: Fruity Pebbles with half and half, ha ha. (I had to have dh go to the store to buy these things early this morning because we do not have either in our house. It was half delicious and half repulsive.)
Lunch: Barbeque chicken sandwich. That was good.
Dinner: I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM

Breakfast: Plain yogurt
Lunch: enormous beef burrito from an Austin greesy burrito joint
Dinner: Homemade chicken soup.
Snacks: lots of cheese (I love the babybels)

For the first time in my life fruit and vegetables gross me out. (I guess I am going to have to take those prenatal vitamins). Yesterday I managed a banana, but the thought of a salad or an apple makes me queezy. DH is making chicken broth with a leftover chicken from earlier this week, and I am going to make it into a soup. I am going to put in lots of carrots, zucchini and turnips, so hopefully I can handle those veggies if they are soaked in chicken flavor.

The fruity pebbles and half and half thing cracks me up!

:
#3 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM

yesterday i had:

breakfast- 2 egg scramble with peas, corn, onions, garlic, spinach, green peppers, whole wheat toast, OJ

snack- sugar snap peas and baby carrots, water

lunch- a bagel with swiss cheese and turkey toasted in the toaster oven, strawberries and whole milk yogurt, water.

dinner- black bean burritos with onioins, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, green chilie, corn cheddar cheese, avocado, wrapped in a tortilla. water to drink.

snack- a brownie : and an apple with cheese slices

today

breakfast- banana and strawberries, whole wheat toast with peanut butter

snack- grapes and sugar snap peas

lunch- whole wheat spaghetti with sauce, and a little ground turkey in the sauce

snack- probably cottage cheese

dinner- not sure, but thinking a tofu, veggie and brown rice stir fry

i eat a lot of veggies, but one thing i do is i keep them all cut up in the fridge. i get home from the grocery store and it's the next thing i do after putting away the groceries. i cut up the onions and green peppers and sqaushes ahead of time. the corn and peas are frozen, and i keep fresh garlic peeled and in the fridge so all i have to do is press it/cut it up. i usually cut mushrooms as i need them. all of my fruit is prewashed as well (except strawberries, so it is so easy to just get in the fridge and get it out.
#4 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 PM

Nothing has sounded good to me lately either... except things I can't get here!!! Like Chipotle and Panda Express *drool* Not to mention cooking keeps making me gag so that is not helping things any!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#5 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Today I did good for breakfast... I had a homemade granola bar (oats, whole wheat flour, honey... and we'll just glaze over the brown sugar, chocolate chips, and marshmallows ), then had 2 eggs and 2 slices of apple dipped in peanut butter. I'll up my slices later. The kids have apple for breakfast very often, and I usually don't partake (I'm a horribly picky eater), but since I know I *do* like Gala apples, and they taste good in peanut butter (how my kids usually eat them lately), I figured I'd take one slice from each kid. I'll slowly work my way up to eating more of an apple. Baby steps, baby steps.

Lunch was not so good... popcorn chicken and mac & cheese. :

Not sure what's for dinner yet. I'll probably make a pizza IF I get around to making the crust... Not that pepperoni is particularly good for you. But the homemade crust, homemade sauce, and whole milk mozarella cheese aren't too bad.

My midwife says to try to get a dark leafy green veggie in me every day... not sure how that will happen. I can tolerate green leaf lettuce and spinach if I put cheese and bacon bits on them.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#6 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Today, I had peanut butter toast for breakfast, leftovers for lunch (baked vegetable medley, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, and summer squash; soy-based taco mix; refried black beans; olives). I also ate an apple, and I am currently snacking on tortilla chips dipped in cream cheese. It's good, though. We are having acorn squash with rice, kiwi, raisin, pine nut filling for supper. And probably red cabbage salad with lemon and garlic.
#7 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 03:43 PM

Our surro is feeling sooo sick all she has been eating is cheese and bread. I think she will be getting a prescription for her nausea at our u/s tomorrow. I feel so bad for her
#8 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Sigh . . . meal ideas are a huge pain for me! I eat about the most boring meals of anyone I know, but I recently heard of a good idea for pancakes. Mix one or more eggs with a banana, then cook them like pancakes. I sometimes get sick of eggs, so this was a great change for both me and DD.

I try to avoid taking a prenatal vitamin, except on days when I travel or otherwise don't eat well. I also have to eat a lot because I am nursing. So, on most days, this is what I try to eat (with plenty of Real Salt).

Breakfast:
1 glass kombucha
2 eggs scrambled with 2 tbs of butter and broccoli, then mixed with nutritional yeast
1/2 ounce of beef liver
2 tsp of cod liver oil

Snack:
1/2 cup or more of almonds

Lunch:
1 cup beans w/ some butter, coconut oil, or lard
1 cup grains cooked in chicken stock
2 glasses of raw milk
Some kelp mixed in bone broth for iodine

Snack:
1 cup kale with olive oil and apple cider vinegar
1 glass of raw milk

Dinner:
1/2 cup of meat (sea food 4 or more times per week)
Veggie w/ butter, coconut oil, or lard
1 cup of sauerkraut for probiotics

Second dinner:
Sweet potato w/ 2 tsp butter
1 glass of raw milk
More beans and grains, if needed
#9 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Keep them coming.

One, you all eat great (even the few of you that put your head in a bag over your head). Two, I am now hyper aware of how blah food sounds, and how picky I am. I do not like peanut butter, bready products (toast, bagels, pancakes, muffins, etc), eggs, fish, beans (and most legumes), soy, some meats, and allergic to onion. Those are the tops, but I am sure there are more.
#10 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubulidentata2 View Post
Mix one or more eggs with a banana, then cook them like pancakes.
ummmmm....YUMMM!!!!! I'm doing that tomorrow!

Can you put chocolate chips in them?!

Today so far:

Breakfast - scrambled egges and OJ
Snack - an apple
Lunch - grilled cheese and the left over salad from last night
Snack - oatmeal
Dinner - Chinese food with the inlaws!! (im sooo looking forward to it!!! hehe)
#11 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I recently heard of a good idea for pancakes. Mix one or more eggs with a banana, then cook them like pancakes.
You can also do this with apples. I do not like bananas, so I have always made them with the apple variation.
#12 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:05 PM

Half delicious, half repulsive, huh? Sounds...good? That does remind me how good Lucky Charms with cold cold milk tasted when pg with dd, I'll have to add that to the grocery list. The hard part is keeping the kids from eating it, though--I'll have to eat it in secret

Breakfast: coffee and bagel with cream cheese
Lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich with more mayo than usual cause it tastes really good. Potato chips.
Dinner: bean burritos and cheese quesadillas with rice (my dh is a great cook)

snacks: string cheese, goldfish, mixed salted nuts and yogurt-covered raisins, lots of ginger candies.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#13 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post
Half delicious, half repulsive, huh? Sounds...good? That does remind me how good Lucky Charms with cold cold milk tasted when pg with dd, I'll have to add that to the grocery list. The hard part is keeping the kids from eating it, though--I'll have to eat it in secret
Good point. Ds saw the cereal this morning and named it guy cereal because Fred Flintstone is on the front of the box. He immediately wanted some. A small taste, and he is hooked. While we were at the library this morning he asked if he could have a small amount tomorrow too.
#14 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 PM

ahhhh i have to stop reading this thread...im seriously drooling!
#15 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Good point. Ds saw the cereal this morning and named it guy cereal because Fred Flintstone is on the front of the box. He immediately wanted some. A small taste, and he is hooked. While we were at the library this morning he asked if he could have a small amount tomorrow too.
And so it begins...

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#16 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post
And so it begins...
Yeah, and I hear that sugar is the gateway drug! I gave my son drugs!
#17 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Hello,

Well, I haven't noticed huge changes in my eating, but I have been eating healthier and much less than usual. No soda for me, no fast food, etc.

Mashed potatoes have been very good for some reason this week (have had that twice this week). I have been eating turkey sandwiches for lunch and breakfast is usually two peices of toast along with some protein oatmeal later in the morning. I sometimes have a banana in the morning too. I have somehow managed to lose 5lbs this week though. Which is actually okay with me... I am eating and have a few pounds to lose. I am worried about what I am going to eat though once my sickness gets even worse... I mean, right now I just feel icky with heartburn and kind of sick to my stomache... I fully expect this to get worse before it gets better.

I am happy to be pregnant though and will take whatever comes!!
#18 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM

Breakfast: Oatmeal with agave nectar

Lunch: Hamburger soup (okay, so it was suppose to be chli, but I put way too much liquid in and it's more like soup!)

Snack: Zucchini bread made with bean flour and agave nectar to sweeten

Dinner: Chicken salad with feta cheese and crusty bread (and maybe a little agave nectar because I seem to be putting that on everything!)
#19 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
Breakfast: Oatmeal with agave nectar

Lunch: Hamburger soup (okay, so it was suppose to be chli, but I put way too much liquid in and it's more like soup!)

Snack: Zucchini bread made with bean flour and agave nectar to sweeten

Dinner: Chicken salad with feta cheese and crusty bread (and maybe a little agave nectar because I seem to be putting that on everything!)
agave nectar

Your dinner sounds delicious. I usually dislike chicken, but it has been so good this week.
#20 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 PM

For breakfast: Toast with Cheese,
Mid-morning Snack: Pear (yuck. I usually love fruit, but it's the one thing that I'm having trouble with right now)
Lunch: Lasagna (made with meat sauce, cottage cheese and spinach) and an apple - also yuck
Mid afternoon snack: Granola bar
Supper: Steaks, potatoes, corn on the cob, Brussels sprouts - we have beef about once every month or two so it's a treat. And I figure the iron is good for me.

Other than the fruit, food isn't bothering me much yet, but I have a constant metallic taste in my mouth and occasional waves of very mild nausea. It seems to be worse if I get hungry, hence the snacking all day!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#21 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 06:53 PM

Stuff I've been eating lately:

bite size shredded wheat with organic, pastured whole milk (well at least they kind of balance, right?)
oatmeal when I can wait long enough for it to cook - usually I'm too hungry
handfuls of grapes (from the fridge - they taste better cold)
toast with PB and a little honey (sort of yummy but it lasts longer than a lot of food)
water
water spiked with cranberry juice (I like this stuff the best)
bananas (tolerable if I wake at 4am and need food - I leave one by the bed
sliced apples sometimes dipped in PB
raisins
fruit leather (the Archer Farms fruit leather bars from Target rock) - I keep a stash in my purse for food emergencies
burritos. mmmmm. but they make the elephant gas worse
soups have been good in general
pesto pasta for lunch today didn't taste like usual but was quite edible
mozzarella/tomato/spinach/pesto sandwich was good
feta still tastes divine - maybe a good way to get the green stuff down?
sliced cheddar cheese yesterday was gross
Subway veggie max (the veggie patty) with marinara was about perfect

I haven't broken them out yet, but oranges were a lifesaver during my last pg.

I think I'm going to break out the smoothies again soon. Only had one so far this pg. A little rice protein powder helps them to last longer, too with minimal calorie addage.
#22 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Heather, the tomato, mozzarella, spinach, pesto sandwich has me drooling. What kind of bread? Foccacia? :
#23 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Wheat, I think. But it would have been better on a nice crusty french bread.
#24 of 68 Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I am having such a hard time finding food I want to eat. I am really fickle all the time, and I think that pregnancy is starting to increase my already picky ways. Give me some new ideas because I cannot think of anything.

What are you eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Be specific. I need help.
This is me exactly. I'm picky about food all the time but when I'm pregnant it is super bad. For the last few days, I've been eating the same thing with every meal - baked chicken with salt and pepper and a giant pile of baby spinach with some ranch for dipping. Sometimes I'll throw in some grape tomatoes. It's pretty much the only thing I want to eat. Although tonight for dinner I ordered a veggie thin crust pizza from papa johns for a change and OMG it was good. I was too tired to even reheat chicken, lol.
#25 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
You can also do this with apples. I do not like bananas, so I have always made them with the apple variation.
Ooh! We have bushels of apples in the garage. I assume you have to cook the apples first, or do you just cut them into small chunks?
#26 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ooh! We have bushels of apples in the garage. I assume you have to cook the apples first, or do you just cut them into small chunks?
No you grate them down or put them in a food processor. Then mix it with the eggs and cook.
#27 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
No you grate them down or put them in a food processor. Then mix it with the eggs and cook.
Thanks!
#28 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Okay, now I've got it bad because yesterday when I read these posts I thought a lot of the stuff sounded good. Now NONE of it sounds good. I am eating rice, crackers, and frozen peas for lunch. I can't imagine what I can make for supper that will be appetizing to DH, DD, AND me. I just want popsicles and rice.
#29 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 03:55 PM

Mmmm, popsicles...
#30 of 68 Old 10-11-2008, 04:36 PM

haha this thread totally has me

"mmmm...that sounds soooo good im drooling right now"

or

"i cant eat anything but goldfish"

Last night chinese food was soooo good (and bad, i know). Im gonna try so hard to keep my weight under control with this pregnancy. Last time i gained soooo much weight (and didnt do it by eating healthy).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page