Who's Still Nursing?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still nursing my 19 month old. I really feel like I'm much more full than I was before I got pregnant...DD is nursing a LOT more frequently lately though.

We just have a problem with pinching! I'm a little tender (nothing much), and her picking this tiny little piece of skin and twiddling it between her fingers...no fun.
#62 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM

I haven't done a ton of reading on nursing while pregnant, but does anyone know about cramping during and right afterward? I'm pretty sure it is normal but my memory is escaping me....

I should go ask on the bf board! haha (too lazy though!)

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#63 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinz View Post
I haven't done a ton of reading on nursing while pregnant, but does anyone know about cramping during and right afterward? I'm pretty sure it is normal but my memory is escaping me....

I should go ask on the bf board! haha (too lazy though!)
Totally normal! I have heard that making sure to drink a ton of water helps curb it.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#64 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM

I am still nursing my 23 month old, and he is not showing any signs of being ready to wean.
The problem is that he sleeps in our bed still and does not ever fall asleep on his own without nursing. I don't even know where to start with teaching him how to fall asleep on his own.
He has always been a high needs child.
#65 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaderaven View Post
I am still nursing my 23 month old, and he is not showing any signs of being ready to wean.
The problem is that he sleeps in our bed still and does not ever fall asleep on his own without nursing. I don't even know where to start with teaching him how to fall asleep on his own.
He has always been a high needs child.
Mine too! If I'm not home (I have class once a week), DH can usually get her down, but she's up within an hour. She always needs to nurse some - anywhere from 5 minutes (if she's really sleepy) to 1.5 hours (if she's really sleepy and fighting sleep ).

What are we going to do when the new baby gets here and needs to nurse too, LOL!
#66 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 07:37 PM

I don't know!!! It does have me a bit worried. Also, I am most likely delivering in a hospital, and I am wondering how things are going to go for Aidan at home while I am there!

I am glad I'm not alone, plus we are due a day apart!
#67 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 07:40 PM

My 34 month old has to nap and go to bed with momma milk......I'm worried too

still learning
#68 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM

DS goes down OK when I am not around.. but if I am home he has to be nursed to sleep. I wonder if I just stay out at night for a week straight if that would help him get used to not night nursing.. I dunno! My DH would probably freak out (even though he does really well with him).

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#69 of 73 Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaderaven View Post
I don't know!!! It does have me a bit worried. Also, I am most likely delivering in a hospital, and I am wondering how things are going to go for Aidan at home while I am there!

I am glad I'm not alone, plus we are due a day apart!
Yay and welcome!

DD will be with grandpa (grandma - my mom - will be with me in the hospital as DH proved himself completely worthless with DD's birth)...I just hope she will be able to visit a lot and I can get out of there ASAP! I'm sure she'll want to nurse instantly, even if a LO is currently at the tap...it will be interesting, that's for sure!
#70 of 73 Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 AM

I'm still nursing my 12 month old, and unless she suddenly decides she doesn't want to do it anymore, I will be tandem nursing. Her older sister self-weaned at 27 months, and I want to give her as long as she wants to do the same.

She's a big-time night nurser, really only nurses once during the day, but then 3-4 times at night. So I may have to try to shift that around a bit during the pregnancy to get enough rest.

I'm more worried about having one starting potty training with a new one in diapers than I am about tandem nursing. My poor washer is really going to get a workout for a few months, I think~!
#71 of 73 Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Latching on still hurts. How long is that going to last? My 15 mo is up every 1-2 hours at night. Sometimes it will be 30 mins after she falls back asleep. She has to nurse to sleep and with my supply dropping I feel like she is sucking on nothing. When I first put her to sleep it is suck, suck, swallow. By the thrid time of waking it is suck 20 times then swallow.

I'm really really getting frustrated It is hard to handle being pregnant, nauseous, and sleep deprived. My DH works until 2am so I do all the night time care. I just feel so irritable and grouchy, I keep snapping at the kids and DH. I keep going back and forth on night weaning. Is she too young? I want to do the Jay Gordon method. I should probably go post over in bf.

Happily married and unschooling 5 kiddos Oct. 2004, July, 2007, July, 2009, Oct. 2010, Nov. 2012 uc.jpg

#72 of 73 Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachingona1 View Post
Latching on still hurts. How long is that going to last? My 15 mo is up every 1-2 hours at night. Sometimes it will be 30 mins after she falls back asleep. She has to nurse to sleep and with my supply dropping I feel like she is sucking on nothing. When I first put her to sleep it is suck, suck, swallow. By the thrid time of waking it is suck 20 times then swallow.

I'm really really getting frustrated It is hard to handle being pregnant, nauseous, and sleep deprived. My DH works until 2am so I do all the night time care. I just feel so irritable and grouchy, I keep snapping at the kids and DH. I keep going back and forth on night weaning. Is she too young? I want to do the Jay Gordon method. I should probably go post over in bf.
Ugh on dropping supply. Yeah, my DD like to have something in her mouth early morning. She doesn't wake a ton, but sometimes she'll nurse for an hour between 4-6 am and not fall hard enough asleep to unlatch. I get a little crazy. But DH will hold her, and after a few minutes of her crying, I go bring her here. And she generally falls asleep nursing then. It's only been a few times, but it's enough to make me want to nightwean. If it's making you crabby, I think it's okay to nightwean. My DD is 18 mos, I don't know if I will.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#73 of 73 Old 10-31-2008, 05:46 PM

dd.3 .7 years old remains the conscientious nurser.Nurses 2 6x per day .Nurses before bed but not during the night-this helps.it's early in this pregnancy-during last pregnancy m/c 1 year ago she would take a water" chaser "after nursing -apparently milk tasted salty -She's not made this request yet..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page