Chat Thread (October 11) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blissfullyloving,

Thanks for those suggestions. We've tried them over the past few months with little to no success. But we suck at being consistent when we're exhausted. I think we need to work on that. Or look into that humanity pillow thing you mentioned. We have a king sized bed so space isn't an issue. But lordy does our DD ever wriggle and kick at night!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#62 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
Blissfullyloving,

Thanks for those suggestions. We've tried them over the past few months with little to no success. But we suck at being consistent when we're exhausted. I think we need to work on that. Or look into that humanity pillow thing you mentioned. We have a king sized bed so space isn't an issue. But lordy does our DD ever wriggle and kick at night!
Yeah, I am not consistent when I am tired either. My ds is also all over me at night (kicking, etc). I put a pillow in between us, and now he stays on dh's side.
#63 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Yeowch! Those Humanity Pillows are $199 US and that's without taking shipping up North into account. Buh. I think I may have to figure out how to make one...

I can't put a pillow between DD and me. Every time I try she just climbs over it and starts poking, prodding and asking for "mumma hugs". I have figured out that if she's being precocious and frenetic to hide myself under the blankets for a bit. She gets concerned about not being able to find me and settles quickly after that.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#64 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
Yeowch! Those Humanity Pillows are $199 US and that's without taking shipping up North into account. Buh. I think I may have to figure out how to make one...
Yeah, they are expensive, but easy to make. There are also other brands that are much cheaper. I cannot remember what they are called, so hopefully someone else will know. One is only $40.
#65 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Here is a thread discussing the different ones: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=703929

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#66 of 103 Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 PM

i sewed the cutest little bunny scarves today out of fleece.. stock, stock, stocking up to open the etsy store.

does anyone else have a terrible fear of m/c? i have had crampy feelings all day and am just SO TIRED.. i am scared of m/c.

i worry b/c my bb's hardly hurt, just the nips, and i'm not really nauseous yet either..
#67 of 103 Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM

crazymom03 - In some ways it gets easier, in some ways it never does. The first 2-4 weeks if the worst. Trying to figure out how to function with half your heart G-d knows where. But once you get the routine tweaked to work without Daddy it is better. I still worry and am very not Ok in some ways but it works, kinda has to!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#68 of 103 Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in09 View Post
i sewed the cutest little bunny scarves today out of fleece.. stock, stock, stocking up to open the etsy store.

does anyone else have a terrible fear of m/c? i have had crampy feelings all day and am just SO TIRED.. i am scared of m/c.

i worry b/c my bb's hardly hurt, just the nips, and i'm not really nauseous yet either..
I do!! I have the same feelings. I have not had really any symptoms. My boobs don't hurt and I'm not nauseous either. I've also had two really vivid dreams about m/c. Now I'm scaring myself- BUT I also had another dream of a baby girl. Must stay positive!

Me, my Husband and three little Boys! 7, 5 and 7 1/2 months! Life is good!
#69 of 103 Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the link, Rachaelsmommy!

2in09, I also fear m/c. I did the whole first trimester with DD, too.

#70 of 103 Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well today!! I haven't had a chance to go back and ready everyone's posts yet, but wanted to say hello!

I am still finding it strange to believe that I am actually pregnant after wanting another baby for so long!! I am so happy to be here!!

I also have been finding myself worrying A LOT about miscarriage. I am trying to replace those thoughts with positive thoughts, but sometimes it's hard. I still have really sore bb's, but my heartburn hasn't been as bad the last few days. I was like... I don't feel pregnant, I hope that isn't a bad thing!! Of course, I don't think I really got sick until 6 weeks before... honestly, as long as things are going okay with my little bean, I really would prefer that I get very little sickness!! I had more than my fair share with the other two kids! Of course, I had one miscarriage and in that pregnancy had like no sickness/no tender bb's, so I keep worrying. I think it will be fine though!

We told the kids last night (my dd is 16 and my ds is 7). They are VERY excited - even more excited than I thought they would be. : My son wants a brother and my daughter and DH both want a girl. I am kind of hoping for a girl, but I will be happy with whatever God blesses us with!! Everyone that knows thinks it will be a girl... only time will tell!! Speaking of that... my DH doesn't want to find out the baby's sex this time - he wants to be surprised!! I think it's great for some people, but I don't think I can hold off and wait 8 more months to know what this bean is!!! I didn't really get to decorate with my other two babies and really want to be able to decorate before the baby comes!! I don't know... I guess we have some time to noodle on it!! Maybe he will get antsy too in a couple of months!! He thinks the baby will be a girl - actually he's convinced for some reason! LOL!!

I told my mom today - she was really happy too! I will wait to tell anyone else until we get the baby's HB on US!! After hearing a couple of others on here got a HB around 5w/5days, I am hopeful that maybe we will see something this week at my appt. I know it will help me feel a lot better to know it's beating!!

I forgot to say... I have lost 4-5lbs too over the last week. I think it's normal and probably for me because I have been eating healthier and not nearly as much as before due to nothing really sounding good.

Gotta get back to work for now... talk with you later!
#71 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 AM

Fantesia, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who lost weight this week. It's 4-5 lbs for me too. I wish it had been this easy when I was trying to lose it :

We told my parents and my DH's Mom today. They were thrilled and pretty surprised. So that was a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I think my Dad is the most excited

mil actually asked if we'd planned it or not. It was sort of funny in a weird way, after 13 months of trying. We weren't advertising that we were ttc but I didn't think we'd done that good a job at keeping it to ourselves.

Well It's almost 10:00 so I think I'm going to head to bed. I am getting tired a lot more quickly. It's been fantastic having a long weekend but the idea of having to put in a whole day at work tomorrow doesn't really appeal to me much!

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving everyone!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#72 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
We told my parents and my DH's Mom today. They were thrilled and pretty surprised. So that was a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I think my Dad is the most excited

mil actually asked if we'd planned it or not. It was sort of funny in a weird way, after 13 months of trying. We weren't advertising that we were ttc but I didn't think we'd done that good a job at keeping it to ourselves.

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like it was a wonderful way to share the news. We also plan on telling on Thanksgiving (American in November).

It is starting to get hard to keep the secret because all of the sudden I am sure pregnancy hormones are making me sick. I do not want to eat anything, and of course I need to eat. Everything make me feel sicker. We are just going to have to avoid everyone for the next month.
#73 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi everyone...
Is anyone else having trouble sleeping?? I am so tired, but for some reason can't seem to stay asleep! I wake up every few hours, it's driving me crazy!! Any tricks on getting a better sleep??
Hope everyon (in Canada) had a wonderful thanksgiving!!
#74 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 PM

ug. i took ds into a store today and he was AWFUL! i don't know what came over him, he just stood in the middle of the store and screamed at me. i was like "holy hell, what happened?" the terrible twos are in full swing for sure.

anyone else looking at baby stuff? i look around but i feel like i can just get all of ds's clothes back out for this one. i'm hoping for a girl this time but i feel like if i even buy one little girly onesie i'll jinx myself into having a boy.

we did the shettles method for concieving a daughter but i don't know..

has anyone thought of doing those pee-stick gender predictor things? i saw them online and almost bought one. i don't know how acurate they are though.

well, have a great evening all.
#75 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nnejy: I'm waking once or twice at night, and last night I had trouble getting back to sleep... probably took me about an hour. I so love pregnancy insomnia. I'll have to look in my midwife's info packet, as I know she had some recommendations for insomnia.

2in09: I know there is a review of one of the pee stick gender things on in-gender.com's forums where a woman compared them to ph test strips. She even took some stuff to change her ph, and tested again, and it got the other gender. So they were basically ph strips. Personally, I'd save my money.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#76 of 103 Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Wow, it's been a bit of a slow day here today. How's everyone doing?

I had a bit more nausea and fatigue and a bit less cramping, so I guess everything is going well.

I'm annoyed because I can't find my camera charger though and I wanted to take weekly pictures to see when I could actually see a change. Any psychics out there who know where I put it?

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#77 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 AM

Boscopup: If you find anything helpful please share! I've been trying to do some research but can't find much. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Carlin: Sorry about your camera... hope you find it soon! Weekly pics is a cool idea. I may do the same! I'm feeling pretty good, my cramping is less also, not too much nausea, but very sore bb's! I suppose that means things are good! I think we have the same EDD. June 13?

Hope everyone else is feeling ok!
#78 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 AM

Good morning All,
I am soo tired too -just not able to stay sleeping! I just got up but it feels like I haven't slept at all. O well, there's always tonight. I'm still not having too many symptoms, I' m thinking I'll probably call my midwives this week and let them know whats up. I would just love to hear that little heartbeat but I guess I'll have to wait. Hope everyones day is nice and relaxing!

#79 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
Hey everyone!

I am exhausted, we went for our first u/s today so of course I couldn't sleep last night! We have one very strong baby in there (high hcg levels) and we even got to see the heartbeat (118 ppm), it was sooo cool! Our surro M also got some drugs for her nausea, so hopefully she will feel better soon. Now we just need that little baby to keep hanging out in there for at least the next 31 weeks and get bigger, stronger and smarter everyday.

They put in two embryos, so initially we were hoping for twins (we probably cannot afford to do this again) but after reading more about twins and thinking about all that work (and my health is not great), we were kinda relieved to have one little baby in there!
Hey Critty, I came on here to find out how your u/s went--I'm so very glad they found a strong little heartbeat for you!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#80 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 AM

This fatigue has been killing me. I went to bed at 6:30 last night, took a 2.5 hour nap, watched a tv show and went right back to sleep. AND slept through the night.

As a lifelong insomniac, you have no idea how weird this is for me.

And I seem to want to barf right away in the morning, which is particularly unpleasant as I (apparently) have nothing in my stomach first thing. 2 days in a row of painful dry heaves.

Oh well, ultrasound this afternoon.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#81 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post
Hey Critty, I came on here to find out how your u/s went--I'm so very glad they found a strong little heartbeat for you!
Aw, thanks Deb :

Ashley - Good luck with your u/s this afternoon!!!

We have the painter here for the final day, I am definitely over getting my house painted! Even though it is low/no VOC it still is too much for my sensitive self.

Haven't heard from M to see if the nausea is waning with the new meds, I will call her again today. I hope she, and all you poor ladies are feeling better. I can't imagine 24 hr nausea for weeks on end, I am feeling for you girls.

Finally figuring out digital scrapbooking so I can document the pregnancy and the future. That is my big project right now
#82 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Oh well, ultrasound this afternoon.
Good luck!

I have been a little absent. I had a rough few days of just feeling very panicked about losing the pregnancy. I think I am better now. I am feeling sick and starving. I did not sleep very great last night, and I am so exhausted today. I am trying to figure out what I can stomach for lunch. I have been eating a ton of pineapple the last two days. I am not sure what I want to eat.
#83 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Bliss, I'm glad you are feeling better. I can understand why it would be scary. I've had moments of panic too, and I haven't had a previous loss.

I've been eating pineapple too! I don't really know why...

#84 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 PM

I haven't read the last handful of posts, but I'll go back and do that later. I can't be on the computer very much anymore! DH started his own business so the computer is down in the basement in his office and he's down there working on it all day long (and most of the evenings because he needs to get things rolling!). So sorry if I miss a long period of time. I also am feeling scared about losing this baby. I feel like every time I come on here someone's had a m/c and I'm not dealing with that very well! I know that probably sounds silly, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't be having a fourth baby when so many are having a hard time having one. Anyway, I will try and check in as much as possible!!!
#85 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Maxwill, I think it is one of the side effects of having so many women, due at the same time in the same "place" so to speak. In real life, we'd never be around so many women at the same time in early pregnancy, so wouldn't be exposed to so many losses. I'm really trying to keep that in perspective and stay positive as much as possible.

#86 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 PM

That is good advice Carlin, because it is freaking me out as well ... especially because I haven't spoken to M since Saturday. She is staying with a friend who is about to be induced, so I assume she had the baby and M is helping out, but I am stressing and worrying that she and the baby (our baby) are ok. I am sure it is all in my head, but since everything is so out of my control, I tend to let my imagination run wild. No more thinking for me!
#87 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Critty wouldn't it be nice if we could just turn our brains off whenever our thoughts are running wild on us?

I'm sure M is OK. If anything was wrong she would have let you know. I know how prone to worry I am, and I can't imagine how much worse it would be for you, with one more person to worry about!

#88 of 103 Old 10-15-2008, 11:36 PM

to everyone. This is a stressful time for us all isn't it.

I think things are starting to sink in a little for DH now - I caught him browsing some message boards for men (eg http://www.brandnewdad.com/) and he joked today that perhaps it would be better for him to remain ignorant as he was getting worried about everything by reading all the threads and messages.
I'm not complaining - I am happy that he went and started to look stuff up on his own. He even brought up the subject of names and it sounds like it is going to be interesting trying to agree on ones we both like, but it is too early for us to get into that yet.

I am off to the doctor's tomorrow morning at 9:30 to check if the bean has made its (9 month) home in the right place. I am feeling much more positive now than at the beginning when I felt very scared about it possibly being ectopic, but there's no reason for me being more confident...don't think you would normally get symptoms of ectopic til after 5 weeks anyway. So, : for me!

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
#89 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 AM

Good morning to All!
I've been up since 3:30am I just love this insomnia. I'm sure by 10 I'll be completely zonked.
Bliss I was wondering where you were. Is everything ok? Sorry to hear you having a hard time, this will pass. Soon we'll have a great big bump and a kicking baby in there! That will be awesome, can't wait!
It is so very difficult to see all the losses. I feel like I have surviors guilt sometimes. You just feel so bad and so lucky at the same time.
Summerbaby Good luck with your appointment today, it sound exciting. It seems like the first trimester is a lot of waiting around.
I hope everyone has a healthy and happy day without too much moring sickness and remember hoorhay we're pregnant::

#90 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Bliss, I'm glad you are feeling better. I can understand why it would be scary. I've had moments of panic too, and I haven't had a previous loss.

I've been eating pineapple too! I don't really know why...
Thanks!
I had some pineapple again this morning. I still feel hungry and nauseous though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
I also am feeling scared about losing this baby. I feel like every time I come on here someone's had a m/c and I'm not dealing with that very well! I know that probably sounds silly, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't be having a fourth baby when so many are having a hard time having one. Anyway, I will try and check in as much as possible!!!
It is hard to see all these women leaving us. Carlin is absolutely right. Because we are all together at the same time we are going to get a visual representation of the loss rates. It sucks. Just try to stay positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
That is good advice Carlin, because it is freaking me out as well ... especially because I haven't spoken to M since Saturday. She is staying with a friend who is about to be induced, so I assume she had the baby and M is helping out, but I am stressing and worrying that she and the baby (our baby) are ok. I am sure it is all in my head, but since everything is so out of my control, I tend to let my imagination run wild. No more thinking for me!
I am sure that M would be in touch if there was a problem, but I understand why you are worried. Try to stay positive like Carlin suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbaby View Post
I am off to the doctor's tomorrow morning at 9:30 to check if the bean has made its (9 month) home in the right place. I am feeling much more positive now than at the beginning when I felt very scared about it possibly being ectopic, but there's no reason for me being more confident...don't think you would normally get symptoms of ectopic til after 5 weeks anyway. So, : for me!
Good luck! I am thinking good thoughts for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymom03 View Post
Good morning to All!
I've been up since 3:30am I just love this insomnia. I'm sure by 10 I'll be completely zonked.
Bliss I was wondering where you were. Is everything ok? Sorry to hear you having a hard time, this will pass. Soon we'll have a great big bump and a kicking baby in there! That will be awesome, can't wait!
It is so very difficult to see all the losses. I feel like I have surviors guilt sometimes. You just feel so bad and so lucky at the same time.
I had a night of insomnia on Tuesday. I slept 11 hours, with only one pee break, last night. I needed it. I hope you can catch up on your sleep today/tonight.

Yeah, everything is ok. Thanks for asking. I just had a complete breakdown a few nights ago. I tried to get an early ultrasound, but the cnm's denied me. I have an appt for next week. Everything appears to be fine. I have lots of symptoms, but I am still so scared. I am feeling a lot better now though. When I am feeling so down it helps for me to stay distracted and being on here reading about pregnancy or pregnancy loss does not help. I am hoping that we get a heartbeat next week, and then I can finally start to feel more confident. Then like you said, soon after that we will be feeling the baby move.

I took out my pregnancy scrapbook from ds yesterday. I was reading all my journal entries and there was so much I forgot. I have not started a journal for this pregnancy yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page