Chat Thread (October 11) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, how are we all feeling today? Here are hugs for those who need them...

I had my appointment this morning but all they did was take some blood. I was kind of frustrated as I thought that I was going to leave there knowing whether or not the bean is in the right place. But they took the blood to check the HCG levels were high enough to see anything on u/s. And I like the fact they are being conservative and checking so they only have to do the u/s once.

Anyway, they got back very quickly with the results and said my HCG is 4600, so I am over the 2000 that she wanted before ordering the u/s. So I'm off tomorrow at 2:30pm to see my bean and I can get all nervous all over again tonight and tomorrow about what the result will be!

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
#92 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbaby View Post
Hi everyone, how are we all feeling today? Here are hugs for those who need them...

I had my appointment this morning but all they did was take some blood. I was kind of frustrated as I thought that I was going to leave there knowing whether or not the bean is in the right place. But they took the blood to check the HCG levels were high enough to see anything on u/s. And I like the fact they are being conservative and checking so they only have to do the u/s once.

Anyway, they got back very quickly with the results and said my HCG is 4600, so I am over the 2000 that she wanted before ordering the u/s. So I'm off tomorrow at 2:30pm to see my bean and I can get all nervous all over again tonight and tomorrow about what the result will be!
: for tomorrow!
#93 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Maxwill, I think it is one of the side effects of having so many women, due at the same time in the same "place" so to speak. In real life, we'd never be around so many women at the same time in early pregnancy, so wouldn't be exposed to so many losses. I'm really trying to keep that in perspective and stay positive as much as possible.
Thanks for this! You are absolutely right. And you know what? Today was a good day. I don't know why I am SO emotional this pregnancy...maybe it's a girl?

Hope everyone had a great day. I'm going to try and pop back on later to catch up!
#94 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 PM

So does anyone else wish that everyone already knew you were pregnant so you wouldn't have to tell them? For some reason, even though everyone's reaction has been really positive so far, I just hate having to tell people. I know that's weird, but it feels like such a private thing to talk about. I think I'm just strange

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#95 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 11:35 PM

OMG! I HATE telling people I'm pregnant. I feel like I'm just saying "Hey, we had sex!"

I'm glad you're getting positives from telling people. Our family hasn't had a lot of nice things to say about us getting pregnant again! :
#96 of 103 Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I always feel weird telling people... I guess I feel like I'm bragging or something? I dunno.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#97 of 103 Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
So does anyone else wish that everyone already knew you were pregnant so you wouldn't have to tell them? For some reason, even though everyone's reaction has been really positive so far, I just hate having to tell people. I know that's weird, but it feels like such a private thing to talk about. I think I'm just strange
Yes I always feel weird too. With ds we sent out some announcements to extended family that we do not see very often. That was nice. Perhaps we will have ds tell everyone this time.
#98 of 103 Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Morning Ladies! I think this is where I should be joining in... seems to be where the action is!!

Bliss~ I hope you are feeling better today. I have days like that too! Actually had one yesterday!! I got to see the little love bug though and even though it was too early to see a heartbeat, seeing him/her measuring right on (actually a day ahead), was enough to make me feel okay. I hope you get to see/hear your LO's HB next week!!

Summer~ Let us know how your US goes today - how exciting!!!

Maxwill/Carlin~ I agree that I think we might worry more because we are around many more people online that expose us to the good, bad and ugly. My friend IRL actually had a miscarriage about 6 weeks ago (at 6 weeks), so that has been in the back of my head too. Not to mention she knows we are pregnant and I feel really bad about her not being pregnant because I know how she feels!!

I said something to my DH yesterday about what if the baby isn't growing and told him I was nervous. He just says if something happens, we will just try again. Hello... that wasn't the answer I was looking for!!

I think the MS might be catching up with me now... I am NOT feeling well at all this morning! I keep going from just feeling queesy to feeling like I might get sick.

I have a feeling this post might turn out to be a long one... sorry!!!

So, have any of you felt so tired at night you just crash? I have been feeling this way and I think my DH is kind of frustrated that he's not getting any uhmm bd. I mean, he has, but not since the weekend and he's been a little whiney about it. I feel kind of bad, but by the time he comes to bed I am already sleeping and I hate to be woke up from my sleep!!

Okay, that is it for now... better get to work! Talk to you all soon!!
#99 of 103 Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 AM

I bought and washed my new maternity clothes last night. Old Navy. Fortunately I found some stuff that didn't feel too "young" but it's really hard to locate good, affordable mat clothes where I live. Old Navy is pretty much it.

Anyway, I'm wearing a VERY comfy pair of maternity brown cords to work today. Being able to be comfortable in pants is SUCH a relief!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#100 of 103 Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 AM

My queasiness has increased today. Fatigue hasn't hit yet, but I'm sure it will soon. I'm trying to get a lot of cleaning done NOW before it really hits!

I've noticed smells a lot more today too. I need to clean my kitchen so I won't gag when I walk by certain spots! And my fridge needs cleaned out too.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#101 of 103 Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
So, have any of you felt so tired at night you just crash? I have been feeling this way and I think my DH is kind of frustrated that he's not getting any uhmm bd. I mean, he has, but not since the weekend and he's been a little whiney about it. I feel kind of bad, but by the time he comes to bed I am already sleeping and I hate to be woke up from my sleep!!
Yes! I have this problem too and just showed DH your post to show it's not just me! Last night we watched a film but I just could not keep my eyes open during it, I fell asleep several times and it was such a struggle to make it to the end...which was only 10:30pm! Poor DH...oh well, it's the weekend now

But then every morning I wake about 5am and then can only doze on and off for an hour or so as I can't get comfortable. This is so not like me and I thought it was jet lag from getting back from the UK on Sunday but it's gone on wayyy too long - normally it would be a day at most.

Anyway, I had the u/s yesterday and everything is looking good. They saw a gestational sac in the right place and could see nothing outside the uterus.
However, because it is so early and they only saw a sac they want me to come back in in a week or so for anoher u/s - apparently they want to see a h/b so they can confirm it's a viable interuterine pregnancy...hmmm not v happy about this - why do they need another if they saw it already? Really don't want another u/s, and definitely not if it's an internal one like yesterday. Do you think I should just refuse to go in for another and say I am happy with the results of the first one, or is there a chance they thought they saw the sac but it was something else (I appreciate that something with a h/b is unmistakably the fetus compared to a small black blob)?

The nurse at my practice is going to call me Monday to discuss the results and set up the next u/s so I guess I'll see what her attitude about all this is.

Have a great weekend everyone! We are having a mini break up in Maine. Motel last night, staying with a relative of DH tonight and then 2 or 3 nights of camping in Acadia - brrrr! Am very excited though!

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
#102 of 103 Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
However, because it is so early and they only saw a sac they want me to come back in in a week or so for anoher u/s - apparently they want to see a h/b so they can confirm it's a viable interuterine pregnancy...hmmm not v happy about this - why do they need another if they saw it already? Really don't want another u/s, and definitely not if it's an internal one like yesterday.
If you don't want another u/s, you don't have to get one. You know it's not ectopic, and I assume that's the worry they had which prompted the u/s so early?

Just remember that YOU are the employer here. And it's YOUR body. You can refuse any and all tests. They can also refuse to see you, of course, but I doubt they'd do that over a little u/s.

#103 of 103 Old 10-18-2008, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes! I have this problem too and just showed DH your post to show it's not just me! Last night we watched a film but I just could not keep my eyes open during it, I fell asleep several times and it was such a struggle to make it to the end...which was only 10:30pm! Poor DH...oh well, it's the weekend now

But then every morning I wake about 5am and then can only doze on and off for an hour or so as I can't get comfortable. This is so not like me and I thought it was jet lag from getting back from the UK on Sunday but it's gone on wayyy too long - normally it would be a day at most.

Anyway, I had the u/s yesterday and everything is looking good. They saw a gestational sac in the right place and could see nothing outside the uterus.
However, because it is so early and they only saw a sac they want me to come back in in a week or so for anoher u/s - apparently they want to see a h/b so they can confirm it's a viable interuterine pregnancy...hmmm not v happy about this - why do they need another if they saw it already? Really don't want another u/s, and definitely not if it's an internal one like yesterday. Do you think I should just refuse to go in for another and say I am happy with the results of the first one, or is there a chance they thought they saw the sac but it was something else (I appreciate that something with a h/b is unmistakably the fetus compared to a small black blob)?

The nurse at my practice is going to call me Monday to discuss the results and set up the next u/s so I guess I'll see what her attitude about all this is.

Have a great weekend everyone! We are having a mini break up in Maine. Motel last night, staying with a relative of DH tonight and then 2 or 3 nights of camping in Acadia - brrrr! Am very excited though!
From what I have read they might be having you keep coming in because most ectopics are only recognized through a swollen fallopian tube (not actually seeing the sac). They might have you keep coming in because there could be a fear of multiples, or they might not be as certain about what they saw as they are acting. You might want to call the office and ask them their reasons. As someone else mentioned it is ultimately your decision. Good luck!

The new thread is up for the week here http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post12414565. Come on over!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page