What symptoms are you experiencing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend who is due 2 weeks before me. She can't even get off the couch, she is so exhausted and barfy. I am tired too but I am able to go to work and stuff. I am soooooo hungry. I have been vegetarian for 11 years and have been craving soy BLT's. I can't get enough! I am also really bloated. As I posted in the "when were you showing" thread, I am too bloated for my regular jeans. I am living in yoga pants. ha!

Other than that, not many symptoms. I do feel like I could sleep all day every day. I am soooooo lazy.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Fatigue hasn't hit me yet, but my jeans are starting to get tight. And I noticed today that I really am starting to look pregnant. I'm only 4w5d though.

Nausea comes and goes. I've been mostly fine today. I actually felt worse the last few days, and today is better. But the bad stuff doesn't usually hit me until 8 weeks.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#3 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM

All I have to say is...mmmmm...soy BLTs...mmmmm.

Hey, I know this is OT, but what kind of soy bacon do you use? We use canadian bacon, as it is the only kind our grocery store carries. But I've been thinking there must be something more regular-bacony out there.
#4 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 PM

Fatigue and nasuea mostly. I'm waiting for the puking to start, as it does every pregnancy. I was really proactive this time and got some Reglan a few days ago and that's helped some with the nausea.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#5 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 PM

Oh, I forgot another symptom... uterine stretching cramps. They happened quite a bit around when AF was due, and now I get occasional twinges.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#6 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:35 PM

The fatigue is eating me alive right now. I have a coat I have to make in the next 12 days, and I'm thinking I'm so screwed on that. But, then again, it's for a Halloween swing dance and do I really think I"m going to want to dance when I'm 8 weeks pregnant? This is what I get for buying fabric when my period's late.

Other than that, nausea started last night, my boobs are ginormous and killing me, around when I should have gotten my period I had some stretchy cramping, frequent urination, sensitive smell, irritability, extreme hunger (Preggo needs food! MUST. FEED. PREGGO!) and I had one day of metallic taste in the mouth.

And most annoying of all, the early pregnancy mega bloating of doom. I'm barely in my fat pants anymore and prefer the one pair of (early) maternity pants I have. This is my first kid by the way.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#7 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM

Boobs hurt like crazy, several food aversions, mild cramping for 2 weeks now, really thirsty. Last night I didn't wake up to pee, but the night before I was up 5 times!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#8 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Ashley, when I was pregnant with #1, at 9dpo, I was already having to wear sweat pants because my jeans were uncomfortable. My parents came to visit, and on the way home, my mom said to my dad "I think she's pregnant. The waistline is the first to go!" I tested 3 days later and had a very dark BFP.

This time, I have stretchier jeans, and my belly is already a little bit accommodating for a baby anyway (ie, I still have baby belly ), but it is amazing how quickly you can outgrow pants! My advice: Give in to the maternity pants. They are SOOOOO comfortable. Skip the rubberband trick, and just do the maternity pants. You'll be glad you did.

#9 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM

"Give in to the maternity pants."

I think I may have to. I'm about an hour after dinner (lasagne and ice cream ) and I'm wearing pants that non-pregnant are a size too big. Sitting down, they started getting extremely tight, and I suddenly had a rather noticeable cramp right at the button of the pants. 1/2 glass of water and pants unbuttoned and I'm in no pain.

Is this normal? Can tight pants cause discomfort/cramping? Am I really going to have to move to maternity at 6 weeks?

BAH!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#10 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 PM

You sound exactly like me my first pregnancy. I gave in at 8 weeks, but I was using the rubberband trick before that.

Second pregnancy, I was in maternity pants at 5 weeks. I think I'm pretty much doing the same this time around. I pooched out yesterday. I'm 4w5d.

#11 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM

I'm starting with morning sickness at night. As in right now I think I may puke...it probably didn't help that I just ate a huge egg salad sandwhich (which by the way is totally disgusting to me not pregnant). I'm also super tired. I'm usually in bed by 8! Oh, I do have to go. My tummy is really hurting!
#12 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 PM

i'm 5w 4d and just today i noticed an increase in symptoms. i'm far more tired today, the nausea is not kept at bay as long with eating protein, my breasts feel heavier and are getting increasingly tender (just the nipples hurt previously), i got up in the middle of the night to pee and have been peeing more frequently today.

the funny thing is, i'm getting mild cramping yesterday and today off and on. now, with my increase in symptoms today, it's probably round ligament and uterine stretching, but in the back of my mind a teensy bit of paranoia is hiding. it seems like no matter what symptoms or lack thereof, mamas worry. i think that it it normal to do so, and to compare symptoms, no matter how different all of us might be. i know how it can be relieving to know that someone at roughly the same gestation is experiencing the same or similar symptoms. heck, here i am reading on and feeling a degree of relief too.
#13 of 71 Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liss_420 View Post
i know how it can be relieving to know that someone at roughly the same gestation is experiencing the same or similar symptoms. heck, here i am reading on and feeling a degree of relief too.
Oh absolutely! I know in my 2nd pregnancy, I had forgotten about the uterine stretching cramps, so I was happy to hear other mamas mentioning it.

#14 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm exhausted and cranky and having anxiety about everything. I don't really get PMS so the crappiness and general hormonal instability really gets to me when I'm pregnant. This is my third so I wonder how long I'll have before people can tell that I'm pregnant. It might be a while since I'm chunkier than I was before?

Oh....and I freak about every little cramp and worry myself even more.
#15 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 12:46 AM

Rage. Mood swings. Cry easily. Fatigue. Huge appetite, but I can only eat a bit at a time.

I live in pajamas, so pants aren't much of an issue, but I did notice one set of pants feeling a bit tight.
#16 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 AM

Some cramping
Occasional Nausea
Metallic taste in my mouth
Sore boobs and rather prominent nipples
Unusual results of digestion
Some fatigue although it's not too bad yet.
Peeing a lot
I think that's about it.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#17 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 AM

A superhuman sense of smell!
Bit of cramping
Fury
The symptom that convinced me I was pregnant, was an uncontrolled giggling fit - had that throughout my last pregnancy too.

Boobs aren't hurting like last time, a good thing since I'm still nursing.....but it's still pretty early so I'm sure I've got more to come
#18 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 AM

Fatigue (that will get worse)
Lack of appetite
Feeling full very quickly
Lots of cramping right around the time my period would have come
Mildly sore boobs (sure that will get worse)
Supernose
and, my personal favorite,
Greasy, greasy, lank, greasy hair. Did I mention my hair was greasy? Ugh. 5 minutes after a shower, I could make fries with it. :P
#19 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 04:55 AM

I will be 4 weeks tomorrow and so far, really no symptoms.
Its so odd though...because last cycle when I was pregnant, before my m/c - I had a LOT of ysymptoms...all symptoms I could say 'Yep! - I am pregnant!'...But this cycle...Nothing.
I am kinda gassy and I have been having some headaches - but thats about it. (and the gassy doesnt count as I am always gassy around AF anyhow! lol)

I just hope this baby sticks!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#20 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
All I have to say is...mmmmm...soy BLTs...mmmmm.

Hey, I know this is OT, but what kind of soy bacon do you use? We use canadian bacon, as it is the only kind our grocery store carries. But I've been thinking there must be something more regular-bacony out there.

Well, although I hate to admit it, we use morningstar farms soy bacon. I am addicted! It is full of junk but it is sooo good. Also Worthington makes Stripples, but I think they are all the same company- they taste exactly alike. Neither of them are vegan though. :

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#21 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Oh- and two more symptoms for me:
I am peeing CONSTANTLY
My boobs, I swear, have gone up a full cup size. yay! Big boobs! :

I was just responding to the soy bacon question and now I NEED a soy BLT. But my bacon is all gone. NOW WHAT DO I DO???

#22 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
Well, although I hate to admit it, we use morningstar farms soy bacon. I am addicted! It is full of junk but it is sooo good. Also Worthington makes Stripples, but I think they are all the same company- they taste exactly alike. Neither of them are vegan though. :
Hey, we eat morningstar farms CORN DOGS. I'm sure the bacon can't be worse than that.
#23 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM

My boobs were a tiny bit sore shortly after conception, but they just have off and on twinges now. My youngest just weaned a couple months ago, so the girls are still used to lactation, I guess.

I'm NOT looking forward to growing in the boob area. Right now, all my shirts fit and I can wear non-nursing bras for the first time in 4+ years! My nursing bras were all wearing out, so for maternity, I'd probably have to buy something new, and I don't really want to. Since wearing a regular bra, I noticed that empire waists are actually below the boobs instead of straight across them. I didn't realize how badly my nursing bras were NOT supporting me! And these were Medela, Bravado, and Yes! bras.

Although I am looking forward to my rib cage growing, because my current non-nursing bras are a size 40, and I should be in a 38. The back is riding up because I can't get them tight enough. : So I need to grow a little bit in the ribcage, just not the boobs.

#24 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post
Greasy, greasy, lank, greasy hair. Did I mention my hair was greasy? Ugh. 5 minutes after a shower, I could make fries with it. :P
I'VE GOT THAT TOO! It's so annoying, as I never have greasy hair. Because my hair is long (past my waist) and curly, I typically only shampoo once a week and condition every day. Well, now I'm needing to shampoo like every other day, which is totally ridiculous for me.

Glad to know it's a pregnancy symptom.

#25 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liss_420 View Post
i'm 5w 4d and just today i noticed an increase in symptoms. i'm far more tired today, the nausea is not kept at bay as long with eating protein, my breasts feel heavier and are getting increasingly tender (just the nipples hurt previously), i got up in the middle of the night to pee and have been peeing more frequently today.

the funny thing is, i'm getting mild cramping yesterday and today off and on. now, with my increase in symptoms today, it's probably round ligament and uterine stretching, but in the back of my mind a teensy bit of paranoia is hiding. it seems like no matter what symptoms or lack thereof, mamas worry. i think that it it normal to do so, and to compare symptoms, no matter how different all of us might be. i know how it can be relieving to know that someone at roughly the same gestation is experiencing the same or similar symptoms. heck, here i am reading on and feeling a degree of relief too.
I, too, have the teesy bit of paranoia over many things I feel. I didn't realize the uterine cramping, but it makes sooo much sense to me now. That was last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I will be 4 weeks tomorrow and so far, really no symptoms.
Its so odd though...because last cycle when I was pregnant, before my m/c - I had a LOT of ysymptoms...all symptoms I could say 'Yep! - I am pregnant!'...But this cycle...Nothing.
I am kinda gassy and I have been having some headaches - but thats about it. (and the gassy doesnt count as I am always gassy around AF anyhow! lol)

I just hope this baby sticks!!!

Ann, I was super gassy too.

AFM- not much in the way of symptoms. I've had two strong hits of *i'm-not-feeling-very-well-must-sit-down-or-get-air-NOW!*, I've been fatigued, and I've also been impatient. Listless. Like I dont' want to sit, but I dont' want to do anything either. It's a little annoying.

I'm just tired and want to sleep.

Also, could my body please figure out if it wants to have diarrhea or be constipated?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Trying for more fiber. Geez- that's annoying! :

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#26 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM

Fatigue-though part of me wonders if its from working those 12 hr shifts
Occasional nausea
Starving
Peeing frequently
Sore boobs
Cramping off and on

I think that's pretty much it. So far not too bad at all.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#27 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Fatigue, nausea 24/7 (but no throwing up!), aversion to most food that is good for me or that has a smell , more sensitive nose

Update: I have been feeling better in the nausea dept., but now just feel hungry all the time even when my belly is full! Also feeling bloated often and constipated. I have been having tons of dreams lately about weird things.
#28 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM

Oh and I forgot bad gas. I've never had so much gas in my life.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#29 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM

I'm just over 5 weeks and I am bloated like mad. I can't "stomach" (hee hee) to put on my jeans. I don't want to go buy fat pants so I'm just gonna get by on my crappy knit ones unless I have someplace to go or unless the bloat goes down, which I can't remember if it does from the last pregnancy.

No true morning sickness yet. I recall that happening at 6 weeks with my daughter. Either it's right around the corner or else maybe it's a boy?!

I do already have times where I could not give a flying u-know-what about dinner or whatever we're having. I feel like it just sits there in my gut. I also have many times where I just want meat or tuna or Mexican refried beans! Eggs seem gross to me right now too.

Nipples started being sore a couple weeks ago and continue to be. A lot different than first pregnancy though when I had never nursed yet. I think it felt worse then; now just when she nurses. I can deal w/ nursing, but what I can't take is when she plays with the opposite nipple! I don't even think I ever noticed it before but I sure do now!!!!

I am also pretty irritable. :

Age 37. SAHM to 2 girls, 8/06 Breech C-Section and 5/09 VBAC. Angel at 5 weeks 7/11. Expecting 8/11/12!

#30 of 71 Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM

- hyperactive sense of smell (ugh)
- nausea mostly in the evenings and at night
- fatigue
- bizarre food combinations appeal to me
- strong food cravings
- peeing. A lot. Really a lot.
- bloating and already looking pregnant. Pants are very uncomfortable
- sore on the sides of my boobs
- aching in the round ligaments, hips and back of my pelvis
- irritable and short-tempered

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page