Can you feel your baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can. Which terrifies me because I felt the twins at 9 weeks, but my singleton at 16 weeks. I am only 7 weeks. It could be because this will be my third time right? Please tell me you can feel your babies too, b/c I don't find out the number until Thursday.
#2 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM

I'm only 4+ weeks so there's not much to feel yet. I'm fairly certain that I felt DS occassionally starting around 9 weeks. It's possible to feel them early when it's just one!
#3 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM

At just 4 weeks...not a chance lol

I cant wait to feel my baby though!!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#4 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM

what do you mean by 'feel your baby'? do you mean feeling the baby moving around inside, or you can palpate the baby with your hands from the outside? if you can feel it from the outside, is it your enlarging uterus you're feeling?

i'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, and i can't feel anything in the way of movement, and my uterus is still down in my pelvis, so i still can't feel my fundus (top of the uterus) at all. i keep checking too, b/c, nausea and exhaustion aside, i still can't believe i'm pregnant!
#5 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 PM

Please let us know what you find out. I can't believe you can feel anything yet. I can only feel gas. I am sure you know though--you have experience.
#6 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

I mean movement in there. I also "feel" my fundus, I believe. I can't wear any pre-preg bottoms because I am so swollen, but I haven't gained a single pound. I assumed my uterus had adjusted itself accordingly.

I have to lie on my back and stay still for a few minutes, then I feel the lightest fluttering in there. No one believed I was feeling the twins at 9 weeks even the docs, until my ultrasound when the sensations matched the movement on screen. I may just be farther along than I think. Crossing my fingers. I just have to wait 1.5 more days.

I hate to jinx myself, but my family is full of twins and triplets even, so I am terrified. We have a 3 bedroom and dh's car is a 5 seater. So having 4 kids is going to cause some adjustments. 5 or 6 is just out of the question. If I am just farther along with a singleton, that is bad news too. I am a preschool director and cannot go into labor before school ends (3rd week in May). That is our busiest time of the year, with parties and programs. I will post when I find out.
#7 of 10 Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM

i don't know, mama. i hope that there is just one in there and that you are not further along than you think. maybe your uterus is anticipating all the growth it'll be doing and wants to get a head start?? wishful thinking, i know. do you have a history of uterine fibroids at all? that can make you feel your fundus sooner, but it may not explain why you feel movement so early.
#8 of 10 Old 10-15-2008, 08:19 AM

My first thought was you are further (farther?) along than you think you are. I'll be eager to read what you find out on thursday!!!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#9 of 10 Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'd guess either twins or a singleton that's farther along. Babies START moving around 7 or 8 weeks, but their limbs are just little nubs. Your uterus should still be in your pelvis at 7 weeks. In my 2nd pregnancy, I felt my uterus move out right around 11 weeks, and then a day or two later, I felt the first flutters. I'm not sure when a twin uterus moves out of the pelvis. I can't seem to find that info via googling.

If you can feel your fundus already, I'd guess that you're not 7 weeks with a singleton.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#10 of 10 Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Nope, not yet. I can feel my uterus though, which feels kind of weird. I couldn't feel it like I can now, with my last pregnancies.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page