Chat Thread (October 18) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 91 Old 10-21-2008, 05:20 PM
 
midnightmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We haven't told our son yet. We told him in June, and I miscarried. It was really hard on him. Considering that was my second miscarriage this year we're keeping this to ourselves for a while. Maybe we'll tell him just before people show up for Thanksgiving and then he can tell everyone when the walk in the door.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
midnightmommy is offline  
#62 of 91 Old 10-21-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
When it came to sharing the news with hubby I bombed. First of all I was already feeling sick since I was almost five weeks before I tested. He told me I was crazy, cause we really weren't even trying this month. Actually I thought we weren't even close because we've had very bad luck in the past if we don't get within the day of ovulation. (Girl maybe this time?) Anyways, I told him if I wasn't pregnant I would walk down the street and check my self into Pine Rest. (Local mental health facility) So I tested while he was at work, and then I stuck the test in his magazine next the toilet. It's the first thing he does when he walks in the door, so I knew he wouldn't miss it. He and I talk all day online though, and he asked me how I was feeling...I spilled. I told him I wasn't crazy, and that the kitty litter I had just bought was waiting for him. I almost taped the test to the litter and left it in the van for him to take in and see if he got it.
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
ummm... yeah.. I still haven't told mine. There haven't been any good moments... I want to do something cute, and I know that as soon as I tell him he is going to start getting on my case about drinking coffee, eating cheese, yada, yada... silly, I know. But, darnit, they aren't making me sick yet, I still want to enjoy them while I can!
Have you come up with a way you want to tell him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Isn't it strange how the oddest things will sound SO appealing? I have a jar of pepperocini in the fridge and if I take the lid off to smell the juice it sometimes helps to settle my stomach. And a Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme is the only thing that actually sounds tasty. I say go with the taters! Indulgence every now and again is good for the soul.
I did not get the crummy fake mashed potatoes. Dh made me a whole bunch of them for dinner. It was all I could eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
My 4 year old son isn't all that outgoing with stuff like this, so he hasn't said a word. I was wondering if he'd bring it up when we were talking about baby Moses in Bible class on Sunday (I sit in and help out with the class), as they were talking about babies in general a bit, but he didn't say a word! He really hasn't even talked about it much at all. It may be because 4 months ago we thought we were pregnant, and then turned out not to be. It may have been a false positive (the brand of test I used had had some false positives reported by several women in a 2 month period). When that happened, before I found out I wasn't pregnant, he kept asking me "Are you still pregnant?" And then I went to the doctor for my 6 week checkup and I wasn't pregnant. This time, he hasn't asked that. I know if he does start asking, I'll freak out!


Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
We haven't told our son yet. We told him in June, and I miscarried. It was really hard on him. Considering that was my second miscarriage this year we're keeping this to ourselves for a while. Maybe we'll tell him just before people show up for Thanksgiving and then he can tell everyone when the walk in the door.
I was thinking of doing something similar and having him tell people.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#63 of 91 Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 PM
 
boscopup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I talked to my 4 year old son about the baby again tonight. We had a good conversation, which eventually got back to boy vs. girl, and he INSISTS that it's a girl. He says "I have Aaron as a baby brother. I want a GIRL!" He absolutely will not even entertain the idea of it being a boy. Ugh... gotta wait another 14 weeks to find out! And if it's a boy, that will be really fun explaining to him...

Oh, and I mentioned in a previous post about having a possibly false positive hpt 4 months ago. Well, for grins, I took another hpt tonight. I wasn't really worried, as I have had NO spotting or bleeding whatsoever. But I figured I'd take a test just to make me feel more comfy going into the 6 week appt this time, especially since I'll probably have the kids with me (that should be fun!). Test is definitely still positive... In fact, the test line was twice as dark as the control line! : You just don't get more pregnant than that on a hpt, eh?

I expected that result, but it was neat to see it. I've never tested beyond a couple days after missed AF, so I've never seen a line THAT dark.

My OB appt is Thursday, and as mentioned above, I'll probably have the kids with me. I called my mom today, but she'll be with my dad for a routine test at the hospital that morning (nothing suspected, thankfully). Then I tried a friend from church who will usually watch the kids easily and has kids the same age to play with, but she'll out that morning too. There are other people that *could* watch the kids, but it would mean driving into town for the appt, then back out 25 minutes or so to get the kids, then back into town to take DS#1 ice skating with Daddy (DH is teaching him to skate so he can play hockey next year, and we usually go skate on Thursdays). The skating rink is literally a few miles from my OB's office. But I also will have to kill time between appt and skating. But my parents' house is close by, and I can pop in there to kill time if I need to, even if they're not home yet.

I'm just hoping DS#2 will be a somewhat calm at the appt... I need to find some things to bring for them to do. The waiting room will be fine, as there are toys there. But the exam room is what I'm worried about... that and peeing in a cup... but I'll probably ask the nurse if she can hold Aaron while I pee or something. I shouldn't need any bloodwork at this appt (my OB does the pregnancy bloodwork at 8 weeks), and no vaginal exam, so it's just pee in a cup and tell the doctor my symptoms, discuss due date, and schedule the 8 week u/s. So doable with kids, but would be easier with just my older son. I've taken him to a pap appt before when he was pretty little and I just sat him on my stomach facing me while the doctor did his thing.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
boscopup is offline  
#64 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vera,

Yay for a dark line!

I suggest bringing some of the toys from the waiting room into the exam room with you. New toys seem to amuse kids longer then toys from home. You could ask the nurse to keep an eye on the kids while you pee too.

It sounds like it is going to be a busy day for you!
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#65 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
 
maxwill129's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vera, Good luck at the appointment! I always had to bring my first two when I was pregnant with my third. Are you doing the doppler to find the heartbeat? Maybe your kids could help do that? Mine always got to and that seemed to make them wait patiently!!!
maxwill129 is offline  
#66 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
 
midnightmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The ladies that front desk where I go love when older kids come in. Last time we went we came out to our son playing the typewriter and eating a sucker. It's a really relaxed office though.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
midnightmommy is offline  
#67 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
 
kalishea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Port of Indecision
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bliss- Thanks for the Welcome! I haven't posted much on MDC since getting our BFP... I honestly still think either it won't stick or that I am not really pregnant. I guess I am still in shock to conceive just 20 days after going off the dreaded BCP! DH is excited and telling everyone and I am keeping my mouth shut. How are you doing? Your a couple weeks ahead of me right? Today is 5wks,2days for me. The main symptoms I have had are growing boobs, pants need to stay unbuttoned and a little queasy. No morning sickness yet. Also DH wanted a little spelunking last night, and I just couldn't do it! I said that I just felt crappy, which I did. Anyway, so glad to be here with you!

because
- Hi! Yeah, so my mom's friend who said she knew I was PG said she saw a boy. But, Cheri (from the TTC prediction thread) predicted June for me and she said girl.. so she was right so far and my mom's friend was right that I was PG... it's a dual of the psychics for gender!!

LizzyQ
- Congrats on squeezing in the June DDC! I'm in Utah too!

Everyone Else
- .. still trying to find my place here and get to know you all! We are in for an exciting adventure!
kalishea is offline  
#68 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 04:56 PM
 
boscopup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
Vera, Good luck at the appointment! I always had to bring my first two when I was pregnant with my third. Are you doing the doppler to find the heartbeat? Maybe your kids could help do that? Mine always got to and that seemed to make them wait patiently!!!
I will later in pregnancy, but they wouldn't be able to find it now. I'm only 6 weeks. Thankfully, this is a boring appt, so no pants off or bloodwork or anything like that.

I am thinking I might bring a couple trains from Joshua's room, and if there's something really cool like a bead toy or something (they love those) in the waiting room, I might bring that back too, if it's small enough. Aaron is *usually* content as long as he has something with wheels. Joshua is pretty laid back, so he's not usually a problem.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
boscopup is offline  
#69 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 07:40 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post

LizzyQ
- Congrats on squeezing in the June DDC! I'm in Utah too!
right on! Where abouts? Notyetamommy is from Utah too! :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#70 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post
Bliss- Thanks for the Welcome! I haven't posted much on MDC since getting our BFP... I honestly still think either it won't stick or that I am not really pregnant. I guess I am still in shock to conceive just 20 days after going off the dreaded BCP! DH is excited and telling everyone and I am keeping my mouth shut. How are you doing? Your a couple weeks ahead of me right? Today is 5wks,2days for me. The main symptoms I have had are growing boobs, pants need to stay unbuttoned and a little queasy. No morning sickness yet. Also DH wanted a little spelunking last night, and I just couldn't do it! I said that I just felt crappy, which I did. Anyway, so glad to be here with you!
I am seven weeks today. I am just moving along, lots of nausea, lots of aversions. Thanks for asking. I still am full of fear too. I am going in for an ultrasound on Friday for my sanity. I had a meltdown lat week because I was so scared about the viability of this pregnancy. I think if we see a heartbeat I will start to finally feel a little more relaxed.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#71 of 91 Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel so boring. All I have to talk about is being exhausted and the nausea. I'm experiencing lots of food aversions and cooking just isn't happening. There are only so many posts I can make on those topics before I start annoying myself! Although, as much as I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, in some ways it's really reassuring. I don't know how those of you with other children do it! I can't imagine having to run around after a toddler right now. My bike ride to and from work is just about all I can handle!

Bliss I hope the ultrasound Friday relieves your anxiety.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
#72 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
I feel so boring. All I have to talk about is being exhausted and the nausea. I'm experiencing lots of food aversions and cooking just isn't happening. There are only so many posts I can make on those topics before I start annoying myself! Although, as much as I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, in some ways it's really reassuring. I don't know how those of you with other children do it! I can't imagine having to run around after a toddler right now. My bike ride to and from work is just about all I can handle!

Bliss I hope the ultrasound Friday relieves your anxiety.
I know what you mean about it being reassuring. I am not sure how much I feel sick or how much I need to feel sick to feel good about the pregnant...if you know what I mean. Either way I feel crummy right now. I am sleeping so much too! I have slept over 11 hours the last few nights, and I still wake up tired. The dreams are fun though. I dream about so many random things.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#73 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM
 
fantesia28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Morning Ladies!

It's so sad to see so many ladies losing their babies... it makes me want to cry for them! I keep trying to be positive that things will be okay... it's hard sometimes though because it's easy to think the worst at times.

Bliss~ I have my US tomorrow too!! I will be 6w5d and I fully expect to see a heartbeat and it will alleviate some more of my fears. Of course... I really think things are okay. My body is definitely feeling pregnant... I had to pull over and puke this morning on my way to work. YUK!! This is the first time I have really actually thrown up - but have been feeling ickier and ickier (is that a word?) this week. I was trying to explain to my DH how it felt... I said, it feels like it does when you get the flu and you feel like you are hungry and then like you are going to vomit. He still didn't quite get it... if he understood I think he might be more sympathetic to how I feel. He's still whiney that I am tired and not giving him much of you know what...

I gotta get back to work, but Carrin I want to say that I don't have much to talk about either... just sick/tired!! LOL!! I am still VERY happy to be pregnant - glad to know that this will most likely pass in 6-7 more weeks!! That seems so far away right now though when you feel like poo!!
fantesia28 is offline  
#74 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 04:24 PM
 
boscopup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I had my 6 week OB appt today. The nurse came in and said "That's a nice dark line!" : Of course, I knew that since I already tested again 2 days ago.

Bringing the kids worked out fine. In the waiting room, they have a new fire engine play structure thingy. It's wood and has bead toys and sliding cars and some other stuff, plus a steering wheel and all that. The kids were *thrilled*. When she called me back, I had the nurse watch Aaron while I peed. Then we went into the exam room and I got out a Color Wonders coloring book and markers. We cleaned off a bookshelf yesterday (one where things were laying horizontally and stacked on top of each other instead of sitting nicely side-by-side), and found the Color Wonders stuff. I knew that'd be great for the doctor's office, since it doesn't mark on other stuff! I also brought two trains from the Geotrax set, but Aaron only played with one briefly. Once he discovered that you could put a cap on both ends of one marker, he had a blast with that the whole time.... he figured out how to make it a rocket launcher.

Doctor came in and my LMP-based EDD is June 16, using an ovulation day of 14. I actually ovulated CD 15 or 16, so June 17 or 18 is more correct, but it doesn't matter. I don't expect to even make it into June. They'll adjust the date after the u/s I'm getting in 2 weeks. I'll be 8 weeks then, so it will be a pretty accurate u/s (last time it was within 2 days of my charting based date ). I don't expect my EDD to change much though. I'm hoping to keep it on the earlier side, as that's helpful for me since I tend to go early. My midwife can deliver me out of hospital starting at 36 weeks. So that's my main goal. I'd really love to get to 38 this time, but I doubt that will happen. My previous kids were 29w4d (PPROM at 29w0d) and 36w6d (no PPROM, but may have had a slow leak during the third trimester).

My OB says my chances of PPROM are low like last time - still a possibility, but not likely to happen. I love that he isn't over medical about it. I know some people want that, and that's fine, but I don't want an u/s of my cervical length every week or anything like that, and he never even suggested it last time. I'm pretty sure I don't have IC... I may have just had a weak bag of waters, and I took Vit. C last pregnancy to help strengthen it. I'm doing the same this time.

I asked the OB about abs exercises at the gym, as the physiologist that makes my workouts wanted the OB to ok abs stuff before he assigned them. OB said abs work was fine up until the 3rd trimester, and then you just have to alter it. I imagine I probably won't be up to it by then anyway, but we'll see. I'm going to talk to the physiologist on Friday when I go for my Yoga class (which I skipped Monday, and probably should have done Monday instead of Friday since I'm feeling a LOT worse as of last night!).

So I'm feeling really , but I had a good day otherwise. :

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
boscopup is offline  
#75 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 04:42 PM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
boscopup: I'm totally ignoring my Dr's office idea of a due date. According to LMP I'm due June 8th, according to ovulation due June 10th. Dr. says June 12th or 13th, totally randomly (seriously, pulled that out of nowhere). When I had my ultrasound last week my sac was measuring dead on for June 8th and the embryo (with heartbeat!) for June 10th.

I checked, and there's a full moon on June 7th.

This may be my first kid, but between early measurements and that, I'd bet money that I'm gonna have this kid on the 7th or 8th. And thus, I consider it my due date.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
#76 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
 
Nnejy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I am seven weeks today. I am just moving along, lots of nausea, lots of aversions. Thanks for asking. I still am full of fear too. I am going in for an ultrasound on Friday for my sanity. I had a meltdown lat week because I was so scared about the viability of this pregnancy. I think if we see a heartbeat I will start to finally feel a little more relaxed.

Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow! I too have been having some freakouts, I'm going in for an ultrasound on monday morning... hopefully after that I'll be able to sleep again!
Sending good vibes your way! :
Nnejy is offline  
#77 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
Bliss~ I have my US tomorrow too!! I will be 6w5d and I fully expect to see a heartbeat and it will alleviate some more of my fears. Of course... I really think things are okay. My body is definitely feeling pregnant... I had to pull over and puke this morning on my way to work. YUK!! This is the first time I have really actually thrown up - but have been feeling ickier and ickier (is that a word?) this week. I was trying to explain to my DH how it felt... I said, it feels like it does when you get the flu and you feel like you are hungry and then like you are going to vomit. He still didn't quite get it... if he understood I think he might be more sympathetic to how I feel. He's still whiney that I am tired and not giving him much of you know what...
Good luck at your appt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
I had my 6 week OB appt today. The nurse came in and said "That's a nice dark line!" : Of course, I knew that since I already tested again 2 days ago.
Glad you had a good appt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnejy View Post
Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow! I too have been having some freakouts, I'm going in for an ultrasound on monday morning... hopefully after that I'll be able to sleep again!
Sending good vibes your way! :
Thanks! I hope the weekend passes quickly for you.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#78 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
 
maxwill129's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
I'm only 6 weeks.

Oh, duh! What was I thinking? Oh, well. I guess I can blame it on pregnancy brain!!!
maxwill129 is offline  
#79 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my first mw appt with one of the 2 I have been considering. It went pretty well.. we mostly just talked and did a few routine urine work and blood pressure.

I've been contemplating setting an appt with an OB just because I want a U/S to make sure there is a HB around 6 weeks.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#80 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 08:41 PM
 
midnightmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're all so ahead of me. I haven't even called to make an appointment yet. I probably will tomorrow. Since we haven't told our son yet I don't want to call with him standing there. He hears everything! I just know that without ultrasound they won't be able to hear anything after 13 weeks on me. Even with the doppler. It's frustrating. I had a dream the other night that my midwife had me on my hands and knees trying to get my uterus to fall forward so we could hear something. Totally paranoid!

I know when I go in they are going to change my date too. I don't usually ovulate until day 23 of 33. My midwife believes me, but some of the other in the office just tick me off. Basically I ignore them cause I call the shots anyways.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
midnightmommy is offline  
#81 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guess what? There's a July DDC now! We're moving up! :

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
#82 of 91 Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Hey guess what? There's a July DDC now! We're moving up! :
There is! I joined both

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#83 of 91 Old 10-24-2008, 12:31 AM
 
Nnejy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post

I know when I go in they are going to change my date too. I don't usually ovulate until day 23 of 33. My midwife believes me, but some of the other in the office just tick me off. Basically I ignore them cause I call the shots anyways.

Stay strong mama! You do call the shots! I'm a late ovulater(?) too. Usually day 21 of 35. You know your body best!!



Bliss: Thanks for the sending one right back to you! Looking forward to hearing your u/s results tomorrow!!
Nnejy is offline  
#84 of 91 Old 10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
 
boscopup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnejy View Post
Stay strong mama! You do call the shots! I'm a late ovulater(?) too. Usually day 21 of 35. You know your body best!!
Hey, that's what I was last time! Day 21 of 35!

This time, thanks to Vitex, I was day 15 or 16 (depending on when you say the temp shift started... FF says 16, but it originally said 15... here's my chart - experienced charters are welcome to give me your opinion), and that would have been a 29 day cycle! I can't believe I actually have an ovulation-based EDD that matches the LMP based one.

Last time, I just told my OB that I ovulated around day 21, so he told me to push the 8 week u/s back a week so it'd be closer to 8 weeks. He then officially changed my EDD after the u/s (which was only 2 days off my charting based date).

Now my midwife... I just say "Put down the wheel", and she writes down whatever EDD I give her.

So both providers do believe me, but they handle it differently. And I imagine that if I didn't do the dating u/s, my OB would probably put down the date I suggested if I brought in my chart and showed him. I just haven't tested that, since I want the dating u/s, in case I have preterm issues like I did with my first. My babies measure 2 weeks ahead on u/s later in pregnancy (they just grow fast), and that can cause doctors to decide to let me deliver instead of waiting a bit longer. That's exactly what happened with #1, and thankfully he's fine and did really well for his gestation, but it was a risky move, and my current OB said *he* would have tried to keep baby in until 32 weeks.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
boscopup is offline  
#85 of 91 Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I had my first mw appt with one of the 2 I have been considering. It went pretty well.. we mostly just talked and did a few routine urine work and blood pressure.

I've been contemplating setting an appt with an OB just because I want a U/S to make sure there is a HB around 6 weeks.
Glad you had a good appt. Sounds like a good plan to work with both providers for a while to get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
You're all so ahead of me. I haven't even called to make an appointment yet. I probably will tomorrow. Since we haven't told our son yet I don't want to call with him standing there. He hears everything! I just know that without ultrasound they won't be able to hear anything after 13 weeks on me. Even with the doppler. It's frustrating. I had a dream the other night that my midwife had me on my hands and knees trying to get my uterus to fall forward so we could hear something. Totally paranoid!

I know when I go in they are going to change my date too. I don't usually ovulate until day 23 of 33. My midwife believes me, but some of the other in the office just tick me off. Basically I ignore them cause I call the shots anyways.
The only reason I went to the cnm office so early was because I was so anxiety ridden about the viability of the pregnancy. I have not called my cpm yet, and I would not go to see her for the first visit until 12-13 weeks. You sound like you are right on track for me!

Interesting dream. I had a dream that I had twins...a boy and a girl.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#86 of 91 Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 PM
 
kalishea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Port of Indecision
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Girls! I have been having a hard time posting the last couple weeks... hummm.. anyway, just checking in...

Bliss- how was your u/s? TWINS? What a blessing that would be!

Have a wonderful friday everyone!
kalishea is offline  
#87 of 91 Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
 
midnightmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I took a couple of minutes today and called in to my MW. Since we really haven't been telling people it was so nice to hear how excited the receptionist was. I just love the ladies in there. With my son I used a huge office with twelve doctors the the ladies at the front desk had the personality of wood most days. I'm so glad I found this practice this time. I'm excited to see my MW. Every other word out of her mouth is "Fantastic!" I'm not sure how she makes a pelvic pleasant, but she does. Not sure why I was dragging my feet now. LOL!

Found out that our friends are eleven weeks pregnant with there second! It'll be so cool to actually share baby raising with a friend. We had Gabe way before most of friends were even thinking about kids. It makes it hard to have adults to hang out with when no one wants to hear your poop stories. This is one of our best friends too. He and DH have been friends since pre-school. Went to college together. We now live just a few minutes from each other, but two hours from our home town. Kind of our life line so far from family. Heck our we named our son after him.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
midnightmommy is offline  
#88 of 91 Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 AM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Midnightmommy I'm so glad you love your midwife! : So far I really like mine too. She actually treats me like a person, not just an appointment like most of my doctors have in the past!

That's really cool that your friends are pregnant at almost the same time as you! I have a cousin due in April and 2 more due in May, so it's going to be really neat to all have babies almost the same age!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
#89 of 91 Old 10-25-2008, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post
Hi Girls! I have been having a hard time posting the last couple weeks... hummm.. anyway, just checking in...

Bliss- how was your u/s? TWINS? What a blessing that would be!
No twins, but I had a great appt. Baby was looking great. The heartbeat was perfect, so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
So I took a couple of minutes today and called in to my MW. Since we really haven't been telling people it was so nice to hear how excited the receptionist was. I just love the ladies in there. With my son I used a huge office with twelve doctors the the ladies at the front desk had the personality of wood most days. I'm so glad I found this practice this time. I'm excited to see my MW. Every other word out of her mouth is "Fantastic!" I'm not sure how she makes a pelvic pleasant, but she does. Not sure why I was dragging my feet now. LOL!

Found out that our friends are eleven weeks pregnant with there second! It'll be so cool to actually share baby raising with a friend. We had Gabe way before most of friends were even thinking about kids. It makes it hard to have adults to hang out with when no one wants to hear your poop stories. This is one of our best friends too. He and DH have been friends since pre-school. Went to college together. We now live just a few minutes from each other, but two hours from our home town. Kind of our life line so far from family. Heck our we named our son after him.
That is great that you love your midwife. I loved mine too.

That is so exciting that your friends are also pregnant.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#90 of 91 Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
No twins, but I had a great appt. Baby was looking great. The heartbeat was perfect, so far so good.
:

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off