Chat Thread (October 18) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the new thread! Everyone is welcome to come and chat about anything and everything. Please join in with us and let's get to know one another! :
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-18-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'Morning everyone,

We found out great news yesterday. As of April, our provincial health care system will cover Midwifes! Both home and hospital births! We've already paid, out of pocket, for our Midwives, but we should be able to get that back now. I'm really surprised they've gone this route, but it is fantastic! I'm also happy we contacted our midwives so early, as demand will probably go way up now.

We went to a football game yesterday, and the bus ride there triggered some pretty good nausea. I didn't throw up, but it sure felt close. I was feeling pretty icky again about half an hour ago, and drank some water with lemon. It seems to have helped.

We are going to the year end soccer banquet tonight so I really hope evening sickness doesn't kick in again. Other than that we are taking it easy this weekend, mostly just hanging around the house and trying to get some cleaning done. What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Oh, and settle an argument for me. Who else here thinks that a text message is a totally inappropriate way to tell someone they are going to be a grandpa for the first time? DH saw no problem with this at all. Granted his bio-dad is in UAE, but man, at least an e-mail with more than 7 words is in order!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
 
jessielove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: To the Left of Left
Posts: 2,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Oh, and settle an argument for me. Who else here thinks that a text message is a totally inappropriate way to tell someone they are going to be a grandpa for the first time? DH saw no problem with this at all. Granted his bio-dad is in UAE, but man, at least an e-mail with more than 7 words is in order!
For the first time? Maybe a bit tacky, but if he didn't want to actually talk to the man I can understand it. I would have done email because it's less chance of him calling to chat after receiving the message.

Take that FWIW though, because I'm the person who announced this pregnancy to all and sundry by placing a picture of the test on my blog. It was fast, efficient and got the word to everyone without me having to pick up the phone. Our friends, my parents, my grandparents, my sisters ~ I didn't have to call anyone. That made me a happy mama.

Great news about the midwife coverage! Hope you can get your prepayment back from them.

I need to find a mw. I do not miss anything about the town we used to live in... except my mw. I miss Sue! She or the OB she works with delivered all four of my children. I'm kind of sad about finding someone new. Not sad enough to go four hours away for care and birth though.

Plans for the weekend: work work work, clean clean clean. The only downfall of working at home is that I feel like I'm never caught up on either work-work or house-work. I think I'm going to take some time off after the craft bazaar in November. Probably bad idea to take time off during the busiest retail season of the year, but I'm exhausted and will have a ton of stuff to make for family gifts to boot.
jessielove is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
 
ann_of_loxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 5,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am actually starting to feel kinda bored with this lol...The excitment will kick up again in a few weeks when we break the news to the in laws and then a few weeks after that when I get my first MW appointment!
Once I start looking pregnant, then I think ill start feeling pregnant hehe.... The 'Im pregnant!' thing has kinda worn off so im in a bit of limbo at the moment hehe. Just sort of waiting around you know hehe...

But I feel really positive about this pregnant. I just know this little one is gonna stick!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
ann_of_loxley is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 PM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jessielove, that's the thing. He has no problem talking with him, and although they aren't really close they get along just fine. The only reason not to call is that we don't have a phone number for him in the United Arab Emirates yet. Oh well, dh is a man of few words anyways, so if he'd e-mailed him he probably would have said about the same thing.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 05:24 PM
 
Shy0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well let's see. So far I haven't had too many more symptoms (still just peeing lots and sore boobs). No real bouts of nausea since the one bad episode so that always makes me nervous. I peed on a stick a couple of times this week just to make sure i was still getting a good dark line and i was so hopefully that's a good sign. No more lab work until I go for my heartbeat appt on 11/14. It's going to kill me. In other news, I think my mom might have a suspicion lol. She's just been acting weird and I could swear I caught her staring at my belly. Darn her for trying to ruin this surprise with her mommy intuition lol. Oh well.

This weekend we're planning on cleaning and organizing and also painting our dining room wall. So far its done but I think we're going to do one more coat. And by 'we' i mean DF lol. I will sit and supervise. I am excited because next weekend DF and I are planning on renting a cabin and going camping and fishing so that'll be fun. Can't wait to get away. Other than that things are going well just letting this little one grow and I have a good feeling he/she aren't going anywhere. Makes me quite thrilled.

 dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
Shy0717 is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM
 
Critty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Saturday everyone!

Very cool Carlin - what province are you in?

We were stuck at the RE's for HOURS today, it was a crazy, insane mess. Not sure what was going on, but I am pretty sure all of Toronto was there. But we had another u/s and the baby is growing well and the heart is beating strongly. So exciting!! We have one more u/s next week and then we get to chill for a bit. We move to high-risk ob-gyn after the first trimester. M gets pre-clempsia.

M got a weird pain in her stomach on the way home, she said it was a pain, not a cramp, so I hope she is ok. Of course I am freaking out over it. It is so hard being so removed from the pregnancy sometimes, especially for worrywarts, which I am a major one! I just need to calm down and breathe.

I found out my cousin told my aunt about our pregnancy, I am kinda bummed. I didn't want her to know yet ... learned my lesson! People have big mouths We are waiting until Christmas-time to tell people. Oh well, what can you do .... I know she was just excited for us.

Does anyone 'feel" like they know what gender the baby is? I have a strong feeling ours is a girl. I only look up girl names, think girl thoughts, imagine a girl. Before M was pregnant I thought it was going to be a boy.
Critty is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 PM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definitely think I'm having a girl. I've already slipped and called 'it' 'she' several times now.

Am I the only one not having much morning sickness? I"m almost 7 weeks, and no actual barfing but I've had a good deal of nausea. I'm nervous, of course, but there's not much I can do.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
 
because's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: here
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I am actually starting to feel kinda bored with this lol...The excitment will kick up again in a few weeks when we break the news to the in laws and then a few weeks after that when I get my first MW appointment!
Once I start looking pregnant, then I think ill start feeling pregnant hehe.... The 'Im pregnant!' thing has kinda worn off so im in a bit of limbo at the moment hehe. Just sort of waiting around you know hehe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty
M got a weird pain in her stomach on the way home, she said it was a pain, not a cramp, so I hope she is ok. Of course I am freaking out over it. It is so hard being so removed from the pregnancy sometimes, especially for worrywarts, which I am a major one! I just need to calm down and breathe.
Round ligament pain? I get them if I move wrong or cough or somethng. Definitely pain, not cramp, and definitely not dangerous. Hope it was nothing!

This is me! I only have a few moments where I really feel bad during the day. The gas is the only entertainment because it drives DH insane. No one really knows yet so I'm not getting much attention or questions yet. The kids don't even know yet so there's really nothing different about my day!

I POAS for fun today. An IC HPT, an IC OPK, and a $Tree. I think I maxed them out! I'm so used to looking for maybe-shadows of lines at, like, 8dpo, that these were amazing! The test line sucked up so much of the dye on the OPK, that the control line was really light.
because is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 10:33 PM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Critty I'm in Alberta. It's a total shock as this province doesn't tend to do anything at all progressive. I think it's great, especially for people who couldn't afford to look at midwifery care in the past. It'll really give more options. The only bad thing is that there's only about 30 midwives in the whole province so demand is going to be really high.

I'm glad your appointment went well. I get sharp, non crampy, pains here and there too. I think it's just my insides rearranging.

Because are you getting round ligament pains already? I thought that might be what I'm having, but from what I read they start in the second semester? Can they start this early?

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 PM
 
beachcomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 1,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I slept a lot today. Tired after a long week at work, I think. Otherwise I'm having a very uneventful day. Played outside with dd for a bit this afternoon while dh mowed the lawn. Probably the last mow of the year.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

beachcomber is offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 11:53 PM
 
because's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: here
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post

Because are you getting round ligament pains already? I thought that might be what I'm having, but from what I read they start in the second semester? Can they start this early?
Yep! It started a little later with #1 but ever since, I get them in the 2WW. They are especially bad in pg cycles (DS, 2 chemicals, and then this one).
because is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 02:21 AM
 
Carlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Yep! It started a little later with #1 but ever since, I get them in the 2WW. They are especially bad in pg cycles (DS, 2 chemicals, and then this one).
Cool, that's reassuring, 'cause I'm getting pains, especially when I change position quickly, that feel just like round ligament pains are supposed to. But I thought it was too early.

It's 20 past 10 on a Saturday night and I'm sooo ready for bed. We were going to go out tonight, but I'm really glad we changed our minds. I can't believe how tired I am!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

 

 

Carlin is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 04:35 AM
 
jessielove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: To the Left of Left
Posts: 2,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Am I the only one not having much morning sickness? I"m almost 7 weeks, and no actual barfing but I've had a good deal of nausea. I'm nervous, of course, but there's not much I can do.
I haven't had much at all, which is a pleasant change. My last two pregnancies were miserable. I lost quite a bit of weight, was sick for the entire pregnancy, could barely eat anything and the slightest thing would send the nausea spiralling into unbearable. My first two pregnancies were both much easier and so far it feels like this one is ramping up to be the same way. My first two were boys and second two were girls ~ bet this one's a boy, too.
jessielove is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I take back the no morning sickness thing. I puked twice last night, and if the pattern keeps up it will essentially be an hour after any meal.

As much as I'm thrilled with being sick, as an infertile and recurrent miscarrier, I really don't want to barf all. the. time. But, I'd rather barf than be nauseous, which for me it's one or the other, and never both.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
 
jessielove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: To the Left of Left
Posts: 2,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Know how I said no morning sickness? Yeah. I lied. Blech. It's very bad today. I can't even sit upright. {TMI, but I threw up before I could even sit up this morning. Lovely.}

I take back what I was thinking about being a bit worried because I wasn't feeling any strong symptoms like I usually do. They all hit this morning with flair.
jessielove is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
 
beachcomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 1,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those of you with morning sickness try taking a vitamin B6 supplement. 10 mg should help alleviate your symptoms. It's a natural remedy my midwife gave me during my 1st pregnancy.

Today I was mighty productive. Made a dozen orange and cranberry muffins and then put a loaf of banana bread into the oven. The muffins were for breakfast and the bread is for the group snack at preschool tomorrow. I'm in a cooperative preschool and duty parents bring the snack. I love it and DD is finally getting into the groove, too. Heh.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

beachcomber is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 06:41 PM
 
because's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: here
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
Those of you with morning sickness try taking a vitamin B6 supplement. 10 mg should help alleviate your symptoms. It's a natural remedy my midwife gave me during my 1st pregnancy.
Yes! I found almost immediate relief from constant nausea when I started a B6 supplement with #2. Although it's still early, I haven't been sick much and I'm thinking it's because I'm on high B vitamins for the MTHFR so it's working for the nausea, too.

Don't go over 200mg of B6 in a day, though. That can cause permanent circulatory damage.
because is offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
 
boscopup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,037
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The nausea hasn't really hit me much yet. I'm queasy now and then, but not overly so. IIRC, the real nausea didn't hit me last time until 8 weeks. I'm not even 6 weeks yet. And the past two pregnancies, I never threw up, but I did come really really really close. Basically, I always felt like I was going to throw up soon, but never did.

Last night we went to a cookout, and I had 2.5 hot dogs and something like 6 roasted marshmallows and then another one after someone finally brought chocolate and graham crackers to make smores! I just did that one marshmallow on two small bars of chocolate. Yummy. But I didn't fell good afterward! It seems like fast food and candy aren't making me feel real hot lately. Not a bad thing though!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
boscopup is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 AM
 
Nnejy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My nausea is in full swing... blech! I constantly feel on the verge of throwing up. I have major food aversions too. Just knowing certain things are in the house makes me cringe!
On the plus side I finally seem to be able to sleep again
Nnejy is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
 
ann_of_loxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 5,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think this one is going to be a boy...

I know you cant see what sex your baby is via scan for quite some time - I wont be getting any scans and am not interrested in finding out...but when does your baby decide what sex its going to be? You know, when do the chromosomes and all of that figure it all out? Must be much sooner than when you can see the sex on any scan right?....

I think its going to be a boy as my first trimester is suddenly coming back to me with DS. When I was pregnant with him I was not very hungry at all the first trimester, took a lot for me to eat something, and when I did I craved RICE like crazy...with loads of soya sauce! lol and WAFFLES with syrup ...yum lol... Quite a mix of salty and sweet. And so far, this one is going the same route!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
ann_of_loxley is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
when does your baby decide what sex its going to be? You know, when do the chromosomes and all of that figure it all out? Must be much sooner than when you can see the sex on any scan right?
Instantly. At conception. Unless he or she opts for a sex change later in life.
no5no5 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
 
ann_of_loxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 5,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ahha!...So maybe this really is a boy and its not all in my head hehe

I am making banana bread...anyone fancy some?

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
ann_of_loxley is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM
 
fantesia28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Morning ladies!

I need to go back and read, will shortly.

Ann~ Sex is determined immediately after conception. Maybe you are having another boy!! Do you have a preference either way?

I want to post a message to everyone about my weekend, will have to do it after my 8am appointment though... You will love this one. We told some of our family (my DH's side) and most were happy, but not all. Can't wait to tell you the drama. Be back later!
fantesia28 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
 
ann_of_loxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 5,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well...if I am honest, I would love another boy hehe...But since this will be our last hild, either sex would be great!!! So I dont really care too much! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
ann_of_loxley is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
We found out great news yesterday. As of April, our provincial health care system will cover Midwifes! Both home and hospital births! We've already paid, out of pocket, for our Midwives, but we should be able to get that back now. I'm really surprised they've gone this route, but it is fantastic! I'm also happy we contacted our midwives so early, as demand will probably go way up now.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Oh, and settle an argument for me. Who else here thinks that a text message is a totally inappropriate way to tell someone they are going to be a grandpa for the first time? DH saw no problem with this at all. Granted his bio-dad is in UAE, but man, at least an e-mail with more than 7 words is in order!
I know a young teenager that told her mother she was pregnant through a text, so perhaps your dh is embracing the younger generation's method of communicating important information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Plans for the weekend: work work work, clean clean clean. The only downfall of working at home is that I feel like I'm never caught up on either work-work or house-work. I think I'm going to take some time off after the craft bazaar in November. Probably bad idea to take time off during the busiest retail season of the year, but I'm exhausted and will have a ton of stuff to make for family gifts to boot.
Hope you got lots done over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
But I feel really positive about this pregnant.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy0717 View Post
This weekend we're planning on cleaning and organizing and also painting our dining room wall. So far its done but I think we're going to do one more coat. And by 'we' i mean DF lol. I will sit and supervise. I am excited because next weekend DF and I are planning on renting a cabin and going camping and fishing so that'll be fun. Can't wait to get away. Other than that things are going well just letting this little one grow and I have a good feeling he/she aren't going anywhere. Makes me quite thrilled.
How did the dining room come out? Oooo, your camping trip sounds so fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
We were stuck at the RE's for HOURS today, it was a crazy, insane mess. Not sure what was going on, but I am pretty sure all of Toronto was there. But we had another u/s and the baby is growing well and the heart is beating strongly. So exciting!! We have one more u/s next week and then we get to chill for a bit. We move to high-risk ob-gyn after the first trimester. M gets pre-clempsia.

M got a weird pain in her stomach on the way home, she said it was a pain, not a cramp, so I hope she is ok. Of course I am freaking out over it. It is so hard being so removed from the pregnancy sometimes, especially for worrywarts, which I am a major one! I just need to calm down and breathe.

I found out my cousin told my aunt about our pregnancy, I am kinda bummed. I didn't want her to know yet ... learned my lesson! People have big mouths We are waiting until Christmas-time to tell people. Oh well, what can you do .... I know she was just excited for us.

Does anyone 'feel" like they know what gender the baby is? I have a strong feeling ours is a girl. I only look up girl names, think girl thoughts, imagine a girl. Before M was pregnant I thought it was going to be a boy.
Sorry about your long day at the RE's office, but yay for a thriving little bean! How is M feeling now? I also get lots of aches and pains. I get the ligament pains and sometimes gas pains that are uncomfortable. Hopefully it was nothing to be concerned about.

No "feelings" for this baby. With ds everyone (including me) was certain we were having a girl, and he surprised us. This time I am hoping for a girl, but it does not really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Am I the only one not having much morning sickness? I"m almost 7 weeks, and no actual barfing but I've had a good deal of nausea. I'm nervous, of course, but there's not much I can do.
It sounds like we are having similar amounts of sickness, but I consider intense nausea sickness. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. I did not vomit with ds either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
I POAS for fun today. An IC HPT, an IC OPK, and a $Tree. I think I maxed them out! I'm so used to looking for maybe-shadows of lines at, like, 8dpo, that these were amazing! The test line sucked up so much of the dye on the OPK, that the control line was really light.
That is fun to see the super dark line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
I slept a lot today. Tired after a long week at work, I think. Otherwise I'm having a very uneventful day. Played outside with dd for a bit this afternoon while dh mowed the lawn. Probably the last mow of the year.
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
It's 20 past 10 on a Saturday night and I'm sooo ready for bed. We were going to go out tonight, but I'm really glad we changed our minds. I can't believe how tired I am!
Wow, I have not been up past 8:30 since the first week of the 2ww. I am so tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Yeah, I take back the no morning sickness thing. I puked twice last night, and if the pattern keeps up it will essentially be an hour after any meal.
sorry you are sick but :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Know how I said no morning sickness? Yeah. I lied. Blech. It's very bad today. I can't even sit upright. {TMI, but I threw up before I could even sit up this morning. Lovely.}
Yay for strong symptoms and for feeling lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
Today I was mighty productive. Made a dozen orange and cranberry muffins and then put a loaf of banana bread into the oven. The muffins were for breakfast and the bread is for the group snack at preschool tomorrow. I'm in a cooperative preschool and duty parents bring the snack. I love it and DD is finally getting into the groove, too. Heh.
Wow, you were very productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnejy View Post
My nausea is in full swing... blech! I constantly feel on the verge of throwing up. I have major food aversions too. Just knowing certain things are in the house makes me cringe!
On the plus side I finally seem to be able to sleep again


Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
when does your baby decide what sex its going to be? You know, when do the chromosomes and all of that figure it all out?
The sex is assigned at fertilization. Your egg is always an X chromosome. The sperm can be X or Y, so it determines the sex. XX is a girl and XY is a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
I want to post a message to everyone about my weekend, will have to do it after my 8am appointment though... You will love this one. We told some of our family (my DH's side) and most were happy, but not all. Can't wait to tell you the drama. Be back later!
Sorry some people were not happy.

me: We had a quiet weekend. I feel so blah that I do not want to do anything. Friday we went to story hour and then my brother came over for the weekend. I was exhausted. On Saturday I stayed on the couch all day. I watched a few movies with my brother while ds and dh ran errands and did yard work. We went to dinner at my mom's on Sunday. It is fun that no one knows I am pregnant, but I feel like I am going to get found out constantly. I figure my brother must suspect something.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM
 
ann_of_loxley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 5,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bliss...I think you should get the world record for quoting the most lol

For some reason I am not feeling exhausted at all. Maybe its because I dont actually do much lmao

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
ann_of_loxley is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
 
La Marmotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Am I the only one not having much morning sickness? I"m almost 7 weeks, and no actual barfing but I've had a good deal of nausea. I'm nervous, of course, but there's not much I can do.
*waves hand in the air*

Women in my family don't get m/s. Seriously. (Probably just jinxed myself with that, but oh well.)

None with any of my pregnancies, including this one. I was a little nauseated once with my son--sudden food aversion to *shudder* pot roast--and yesterday I felt a bit dizzy and woozy, but then I realized that I hadn't eaten and it had been 3 hours since I got up (which meant >12 hours since my last meal).

Hope your no barfing continues! Oh, wait, just saw the update. Urgh! Sorry about that.
La Marmotte is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
 
midnightmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because- Glad I'm not the only one who had a test do that! I took my other First Response last week cause I can't just have a test sitting there. The positive strip was super super dark, and the control portion was really light. For a second I thought the test may be put together backwards. Then I realized it wouldn't work at all then, and the my levels are just high enough to catch most of the die.

Sorry, I'm just kind of jumping in here...

I've been having ligament pain too. Actually, it was my first true symptom that I paid attention to.

Honestly I have no idea what this one is. I'm really not pulling for boy or girl either way. Just hoping for a baby after two miscarriages this summer.

I had a slow sickly weekend. We went out and got our son's costume on Saturday. He finally decided to be a fire fighter. Then hubby washed all four cats and the dog. We've been fighting fleas all summer, and since the flea bath is a pesticide, no washing for me. Then he somehow found the energy to rake leaves. At this point I have been falling asleep for a good hour. Yesterday was just a wash. I spent most of it on the couch feeling ucky. DH had to go into work most of the day. DS was so bored, but I was not moving!

Today I have an extra kid. I don't normally watch him on Mondays, but his dad asked if he could come so he could move furniture at work this morning. When I asked today when he would be back he said he didn't know. That he had his books for school just in case. Um, he goes to school after five tonight. : That was not what he told me before. I would not have signed on for a whole day the way I'm feeling. I was thinking this was going to be two or three hours. I can't raise too big of a stink though, because we haven't told them yet. Actually, we haven't told anyone yet. Don't plan to until Thanksgiving if at all possible.

If I get a chance today I'm going to make a midwife appointment. Since I don't need a pelvic or a physical. I'll probably skip most of the blood work. The way my uterus is tipped it takes along time to hear a heartbeat so, really there isn't much she can do until I'm much farther along.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
midnightmommy is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
 
fantesia28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi again!

I am back! Well, my weekend went okay for the most part. I am starting to feel a little worse… like I have this “constant” hungry gotta eat pukey feeling (the kind of feeling you get when you get the flu). It seems to have gotten worse yesterday and today… Ironically I am now in my 6th week! I haven’t thrown up yet (and don’t really want to), but I really don’t feel the greatest either. I know you ladies understand! I so envy pregnant ladies that don’t get sick!! Now… I am not totally complaining either – it’s not that bad yet and I am still happy as a lark to be pregnant!! 

I know I needed to share my story with you guys. So, we shared our good news with my DH’s family this weekend. We told them by giving them a card (this is how we are telling everyone). On the outside it has our picture and it says… Cannon Camera $500, Cost to print this card $7, Postage to mail this to our family and friends $20. Then on the inside it says: The look on your face when you realize there are actually 5 people in the picture. PRICELESS!!

So… his mom and grandma were very happy for us. Then we give the card to his sister. She opens it, says I knew it (in a sarcastic voice). Then she says, I told my older sister that after she had her baby you guys would have another one. She said it like we only decided to have another baby because my DH’s sister had one. Hello… we have been talking about this for THREE LONG years!! I really don’t think his sister had any deciding factor on why we would have another one… besides we have two kids, she has one kid… I didn’t quite get that one! Then… there has been this issue that she likes to say my DH doesn’t make time for his extended family. Well, that could be due to the fact that they act so dumb at times!! So she says, why would you bring another baby into the world when you don’t have time for the family that you have. What right does she have to judge if we should/should not have another baby?? I mean… hello, we have a very nice home that we own, nice cars, good jobs and my DH and I are home every night. Yeah, we might be busy because we do have kids, but it’s not like we don’t spend time with our kids… everything we do is with our kids!! If my DH is working outside, my son is usually with him. So… anyways, my long story is I can’t believe that she would have reacted that way. She runs non-stop, leaves her kids with their grandma all the time, has horrible credit, and I could go on and on. Why does she have a right to say that to us? Oh well… I guess that is why we don’t spend a ton of time with them. I honestly don’t really care, it’s just really annoying. Well… to a point I guess I do care or I wouldn’t be upset about it. I just think if we are happy, then people should be happy for us.

Outside of that, my weekend was good. How about everyone else?

Wow... Bliss~ You should get an award for quotes. LOL!! I am right there with you on not feeling like doing much! I came home Saturday after running some errands and took a nap, got up took my DD to her friends and came home and went to bed. Sunday got up and didn't do much, went to a birthday party, came home watched a movie and went to bed.

La Marmotte~ That is great that your family doesn't get much MS! I would definitely thank your lucky stars! I so envy those that don't get sick!!

Carlin~ That is AWESOME news!!! Our insurance doesn't cover midwives, so I have to go with an OBGYN... he's awesome though, so I think things will be fine. Seriously though... I am sure this will save you a ton of money!!

Critty~ Sorry you had to wait in the RE's office so long! It sounds like you had a great appointment though and your little one is growing nice and strong!! Yeah!!! : I am sure M's pain was nothing to worry about - probably just a growing pain or something. I am really happy and excited for you!!

sunflwrmoonbeam~ Sorry you weren't feeling well! Just remember... at least it usually only lasts until 12-14 weeks. Hugs!!


Nnejy~ I know exactly how you feel! Suddenly NOTHING healthy sounds good to me! I seem to be able to eat some fast food, but seriously anything good for me besides mashed potatoes (okay not really good for me) sounds good.

Jessie~ Sorry it kicked it! I totally feel your pain as I was so sick with my last baby and was practically in bed for 6 straight weeks (aside from my trips to the toilet). I am so hoping it doesn't get like that this time... I can't miss 6 weeks of work this go around!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!
fantesia28 is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off