Weekly Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7th gen are good diapers. We used them with Willow.

CDs for us this time around.
Morning y'all I'm cold. lol

Had some very old blood spotting this morning. Not worried about it. Going to see the midwife on Thursday... I'd like to get a u/s to make sure everything is on the up and up... but... we'll do it when we can.

I figure... whatever happens, is going to happen regardless of whether I know about it or not.

I think I'm alright though.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#62 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 AM

Willowsmom~ I love your positive attitude! I am sure that things are fine!! I hope your midwife will do an US to help ease your mind!

I am having a hard time keeping up with everyone!

Nj~ CONGRATS on the heartbeat!!! :: It is the most beautiful thing ever (well aside from all of our other kids).

My doctor was able to get my script for Zofran fixed.... I now have a 90 tablet supply for 30 days which is much better than my 30 tables for 30 days!! I was concerned because I really need at least 2 tablets a day to not feel like I can't function. I was trying to not take my pill this morning and I felt so bad and was gagging at everything. I took my pill and an hour later I feel SOOO much better! I still worry that this isn't that great for my developing baby... thus the reasoning for trying to limit them as much as possible. At least I have enough though if I do need them. Oh and wow... my insurance saved me almost $1500 for a one month supply on the generic brand!! This stuff is super expensive!!

For those of you that are on #2/final baby... it's funny because I thought my #2 was our last baby. Maybe it's because we are still young that I wanted another so bad, not sure. I still feel so blessed to be having this baby!!
#63 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Hello Gals!

I am doing ok. Defiantly feeling some sickness now. I woke up today and didn't know which end it was coming from! Still haven't thrown up, just gagging mostly. Ate frosted mini wheats all the way to work. It sucks being to work at 7:00 am when you feel crummy! It might be time to tell my boss, since I may end up calling in late soon! I am going to try those preggo pops though!
I go to get blood work done this afternoon. Not real nervous, but not too excited either. I told DH he didn't have to go as I don't see it being to necessary. Our first appointment with the midwife is Nov 17, (at 9 wks) so I told him to make sure to come to that one.

This is my first baby and we are cloth diapering too! I am excited!!

Nnejy & Fantasia- Congrats on good appointments! Way to bring the positive energy in here!

Lizzy- I gotta know which soup joint downtown your talking about!

Have a good day everyone!
#64 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 PM

Kalishea~ I soooo know what you are feeling being sick and having to be at work early! I leave at 6:30 am for work and it's brutal! I was feeling better with my Zofran, but today hasn't been so great. I am still feeling sick/gaggy. The bad thing is that I keep trying to eat because I feel so crummy and then I feel really full and sick.

I also am extremely constipated (sorry TMI)... is anyone else experiencing this? I don't think I have gone #2 in at least a week. I feel bloated and just icky. I really want to go home and go back to bed so so so so so so so so bad! I kind of wish my boss didn't know I was pregnant, I might feel less guilty about saying I felt like I have the flu and need to go home.
#65 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post
Lizzy- I gotta know which soup joint downtown your talking about!

Have a good day everyone!
The place is Big City Soup near the Gateway :

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
I also am extremely constipated (sorry TMI)... is anyone else experiencing this? I don't think I have gone #2 in at least a week. I feel bloated and just icky. I really want to go home and go back to bed so so so so so so so so bad! I kind of wish my boss didn't know I was pregnant, I might feel less guilty about saying I felt like I have the flu and need to go home.
Do you drink coffee? If not, are you open to it? That's my first go-to remedy for constipation.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#66 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
My sympathies to the greenish among us. Vit B6 works wonders.
I wish! B6 was awesome when I was pg with DS. As soon as I started supplements, all was better. This time, I'm taking fairly high doses for the MTHFR and it just doens't seem to be helping. Or maybe it is and I'd be really super sick without it... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
I have a question for everyone...how much B6 is safe in a day? How about folic acid? Obviously my prenatals have them, but then so do these natural m/s pills that I take (along with ginger and RRL).
You don't want to do more than 200mg of B6 in a day. Circulatory damage, I've heard. B12 is a much higher dose and I think that one is water soluable so you pee out the extra. I don't know what the top end of folic acid is, but I personally take 4000mcg daily for MTHFR and I've heard others taking 5000mcg daily. Prenatals have, what, 800?
#67 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
I also am extremely constipated (sorry TMI)... is anyone else experiencing this? I don't think I have gone #2 in at least a week.
Are you taking a prenatal vitamin with iron in it? You might want to try a different vitamin without iron. There are natural sources of iron that are better anyway. I take alfalfa plus separate folic acid, and that's my prenatal. My iron levels are AWESOME on alfalfa. And no constipation! :

I dealt with the constipation in my first pregnancy, and it totally sucked. I would be laying on the bathroom floor in so much pain, thinking "If I can't handle this, how am I going to handle a drug free labor?!?" Thankfully, drug free labor wasn't as bad.

Didn't have constipation last pregnancy or this pregnancy (so far), since I don't take vitamins with iron in them. That synthetic iron will bind you up like you wouldn't believe! Happened to my baby too. First baby came before he got my iron stores, so he was anemic when we tested him at 9 months. The Fer-In-Sol they wanted him on bound him up so bad that I stopped it and called my midwife to ask for a recommendation of something more natural. Got an herbal tincture that worked GREAT, and by 12 months, his iron stores were perfect, with no constipation or tummy problems whatsoever.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#68 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Bosco - You take the alfalfa capsules, right? I may need to pick up some.

As for today... I'm craving chicken and dumplings... so we're going to go out tonight. I've been resting all day today, haven't done much but watch some movies with Willow and surf the net. I just finally got up and took a shower. lol

The spotting (if you can even call it that) is still there...but light...and it's still old blood. very brown and kind of dryed looking. Sorry, TMI... I'm achy... not pain, per se...just achy in my lower back and down into my crotch. I figure that's just things doing what they're supposed to.

Since I don't have insurance in place, fo realz, I can't really do anything about it until I see the midwife on Thursday and ask her... so I guess I just won't worry until there is something to worry about, right? Right.

Now... if only I could stop worrying. lol

#69 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsmom View Post
I. Can't. Stop. Eating.

I remember with Willow that I didn't want to eat anything but turkey sandwiches... anything with spices sounded awful until I was in the end of my 2nd trimester...then all i wanted was Mexican food. lol The spicier the better.

Now... omg... I could eat a whole pepperoni pizza if I wanted...
I'm heading out to Central market tomorrow because they have a better produce selection than the Tom Thumb down the street... I figure if I'm going to pig out, I might as well pig out on things that are good for me.
hear you! I want to eat meat, cheese, and beans all day. I love Central Market--their fresh tortillas are yuuuuumy!.
#70 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkah View Post
hear you! I want to eat meat, cheese, and beans all day. I love Central Market--their fresh tortillas are yuuuuumy!.
OMG!!! Yessss. lol now I want a burrito. thanks. ;D lol

#71 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Jenn~ I am sure you are worrying for nothing, but I KNOW it's hard not to worry! Can you move your appointment up any sooner with the midwife? If not, can you call her and talk with her at least? YUMMMM... now you have me craving chicken and dumplings! I am sure that would be just great for me already constipated belly! Where are you going to get good dumplings? I can't think of anywhere near us that has really good C&D's.

Vera~ Yes, I am taking prenatal vitamins with iron. They are a all natural brand (can't remember the name right now). The doctor gave me some that have a stool softener in them, but I haven't really taken them. I did go and buy a stool softener today -- hoping that this will help. I am just plain miserable that is for sure!

Lizzy~ I don't like coffee, but I do often try hot tea or even hot water to get things moving... that isn't even working now though and I feel kind of sick drinking that much with my tummy being upset.
#72 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM

---- goes off to look for alphalpha capsules ----

I'm struggling with more constipation this time than I did last pregnancy. Drinking a LOT of water helps a bit. I'm not taking a prenatal as the iron makes me barfy. But the constipation is making me very grumpy, indeed.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#73 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 06:52 PM

I think most people here get a good varied diet (I am assuming).. so I would think as long as someone was making sure they were getting enough folic acid and lots of vitamin containing veggies that would be OK right now.. There are other natural ways of getting iron too.. like cooking in an iron skillet is a great example. Oatmeal and beans also have good iron, as well as green veggies.

#74 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 PM

I just got my first HCG level numbers and it is looking GOOD!!!

7,266 :

That is a great number! I'll know in 2 more days that it is doubling OK.. but with numbers like that I assume that they are!

-according to this website here are the "normal" HCG levels- 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml

#75 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Hey, what does, "I got pregnant because I wanted a Volkswagen" mean?

And do I qualify for one, too?
#76 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

I am definitely reading along with all of you, but having a hard time making the time to post. Glad everyone is doing great! We had a busy day. I talked with my cpm about finding a new cpm (I wrote about that in another thread). I had to take ds to the dentist, and then meet my cousin to help her with some wedding stuff. I am so ready for bed.
#77 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Bosco - You take the alfalfa capsules, right? I may need to pick up some.
Yes, I take the capsules. Some people take tablets. They just don't sound good to me! I typically just buy the powdered herb from mountainroseherbs.com and capsule it myself (I have a capsule machine thingy - little plastic thing, and empty capsules, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Refer to the new commercials that Brooke Shields does, talking about the new Volkswagen Routan (minivan) and how women are having babies just so they can get one.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#78 of 127 Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post

And do I qualify for one, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
Refer to the new commercials that Brooke Shields does, talking about the new Volkswagen Routan (minivan) and how women are having babies just so they can get one.

Yep, that's why. lol Such a dumb commercial... lol but it came on today and I looked at The Dude and said "Yeah, that's why I got pregnant,, you know."

As for Chicken n' Dumplings... I usually make my own in a crockpot. *nomnomnomnom* Tonight, though...we went to Cracker Barrel. lol It was mediocre. lol

As for the spotting... I peed on another stick... still positive. I know I'm just being worried for nothing... but it feels good to see that positive come up. I see the midwife on Thursday... hoping all goes well with that and we take her on as our MW...otherwise it's back to square uno.

#79 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:

I am totally suffering the drama of constipation... NOT FUN!
I've been adding bran to my oatmeal (when I can eat it) even sprinkling it on my toast and peanut butter. That seems to help. Hang in there! Hopefully this won't last too long! (or we'll find the perfect remedy!)
#80 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

So, I heard from the midwife today. I have a consultation set up for next Monday. She sounded nice, but I was such a dork. I was feeling so crummy that I could barely keep up a conversation. I think I have a cold coming on too.
#81 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 04:18 PM

I'm feeling a little blah today too. I think I'm just tired. Went and had breakfast with my mom and Willow... then went over to Target and picked up some comfy stretchy pants that I could conceivably (no pun intended) where out in public.

Then I went to a coffee place to get an iced chai... now I'm home...wanting to put Willow on pause and take a nap.

#82 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Jenn~ Can you post your chicken and dumpling recipe?? PLEAAAASE!! I have one, but it takes forever and requires drop dumplings which sometimes turn out okay and sometimes not.

Thanks!!
#83 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

Oh and I am with you ladies... I feel like crap too!! I feel like I am getting sick, but I am pretty sure it's just extreme exhaustion + upset tummy! Here is what I have eaten today (now wonder I am constipated!!). Oatmeal, Waffles, Cup of Soup, Ramen Noodle Soup. Not all at the same time of course! I am hungry again!! I haven't felt too sick today though (still feel sick, but not as bad as it has been and less gaggy today), so my morning Zofran is helping today.

I REALLY want chicken and dumplings!! I made some sort of concoction last night... kluski egg noodles, chicken broth, sliced potatoes, and shredded rotisseri chicken (pre-made of course). It was okay, but not what I really wanted.

Oh and I agree Cracker Barrel's Chicken and Dumplings are just okay... not that great in my opinion. I actually had thought about going there last night, but didn't. Ironically my DD did go to Cracker Barrel with my grandma last night... LOL!!
#84 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM

I made the mistake of eating 4 pieces of pizza last night. : And even on the third one, I was thinking "I'm going to regret this", yet I ate it anyway, and then the 4th which I *really* knew I'd regret.

But then my friend reminded me of something her friend had said helped her - eat a handful of grapes every 15 minutes. I just ate a handful once, but it did help! Woohoo! Haven't tried it again yet today. I've just had dull queasies all day... nothing horrible (yet).

I'm feeling rather unmotivated to do *anything* today. Blah.

#85 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I made the mistake of eating 4 pieces of pizza last night. : And even on the third one, I was thinking "I'm going to regret this", yet I ate it anyway, and then the 4th which I *really* knew I'd regret.

But then my friend reminded me of something her friend had said helped her - eat a handful of grapes every 15 minutes. I just ate a handful once, but it did help! Woohoo! Haven't tried it again yet today. I've just had dull queasies all day... nothing horrible (yet).

Handful of grapes, eh? I REALLY need to get to Central Market tomorrow.
I'm feeling the dull queasies today too...I did dishes and everything just smelled like metal... I'm really loathing the kitchen sink. lol I think I need to get gloves or summat to stop the freaky foul metal hand smell...my hands get so flippin' dry too...

May I be unmotivated with you? I'll bring the grapes...lol

#86 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I had two and a half pieces of pizza this evening.

Unmotivated does not even begin to explain how I feel. My house is a mess. I have not showered today, and I wish I never got out of bed.
#87 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkah View Post
Quote:
OMG!!! Yessss. lol now I want a burrito. thanks. ;D lol
So funny, that is all I have craved too! First I wanted beans, beans, beans. Then there was a week of cheese and bread. I even ordered a chicken burrito once, which I usually don't do, bc I wanted the meat. I was craving turkey sandwiches too.

I hate eating out all the time, and up till this month had been doing pretty good at cooking our meals and eating salads. But, not once the morning sickness set in!

Though, I am, right now, waiting for a Papa John's Pizza delivery, because I need to feed the kids, and I just can not handle cooking anything.

I haven't ordered Pizza in a couple years, but now that they have the whole wheat crust, I pretend that it's healthier. lol. And I think I've ordered from them 5 times in the last 2 months.

Oh, I think the guy is here!

Andee
#88 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Maybe I need to try the grape trick... sounds kind of good.
#89 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 PM

Craving pizza. Ordering pizza. About to be happy. Will probably hurl later. lol

#90 of 127 Old 10-29-2008, 06:49 PM

I tried grapes my last pregnancy, and it didn't work. But it worked for me mom!

My co-worker told me potato chips and lemonade is suppose to help m/s too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page