Weekly Chat Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have my sono on Wednesday. My MW is coming with me.
Just relaxing today and tomorrow. Trying not to let Willow stress me out.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#122 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowsmom View Post
I have my sono on Wednesday. My MW is coming with me.
Just relaxing today and tomorrow. Trying not to let Willow stress me out.
That is great that your mw is going with you! Good luck!

me: I am mostly MIA because I feel AWFUL. I am getting over a terrible cold, and woke up with horrible nausea and diarrhea. Dh ended up staying home because I could not even function.

Here is the new thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...9#post12525969 See you over there!
#123 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Willowsmom: hope you are able to have a relaxing Mon. and Tues.!

Here's a random question that I didn't think needed it's own thread:

I have my first prenatal visit (with a nurse to get history and stuff) on Friday. When I went in to take a pregnancy test today (to be allowed to schedule the prenatal visit), they asked my LMP and I said I couldn't remember but I ovulated on Oct 3. Nurse was not satisfied/happy. I do have it written down here at home but I honestly didn't know it off the top of my head. So, should I tell the real date on Friday or lie/fudge? I will probably tell the truth, but how should I best word the "but don't you dare calculate my due date from it or it will be 2 weeks off, thank you"?

Nausea kicked in suddenly for me today at 6 weeks 3 days. Ick.
Also, I get incredibly nervous when anyone listens to my pulse/blood pressure, today included. It always feels through the roof but no one has ever said it is too high or anything. Any tips for relaxing?

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#124 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBreadGirl View Post

Here's a random question that I didn't think needed it's own thread:

I have my first prenatal visit (with a nurse to get history and stuff) on Friday. When I went in to take a pregnancy test today (to be allowed to schedule the prenatal visit), they asked my LMP and I said I couldn't remember but I ovulated on Oct 3. Nurse was not satisfied/happy. I do have it written down here at home but I honestly didn't know it off the top of my head. So, should I tell the real date on Friday or lie/fudge? I will probably tell the truth, but how should I best word the "but don't you dare calculate my due date from it or it will be 2 weeks off, thank you"?
My vote is to lie. Sorry, but there seems to be a mental block against believing a woman might actually know when she ovulated. I think it's mostly laziness actually. Their little wheels are based on LMP and g*d forbid they have to actually add. : Even my midwife, who was great about everything else, wanted to go by LMP, or adjust for average cycle length.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#125 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If the LMP date and O date are 2 weeks off, I'd definitely give the fake LMP date.

I've been lucky with my providers... my OB will write down the LMP date, but when I said I O'd on CD 21 or 23 (last pregnancy), he said "Just schedule your dating u/s a week later, so you'll be closer to 8 weeks". He obviously believed me. It just didn't matter really, since the u/s would give us a more accurate date anyway, and he uses the u/s date over the LMP. My midwife... I say "Put down the wheel", and she writes down whatever EDD I give her.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#126 of 127 Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 PM

Banana- I have a fake LMP that I give people. I went to this website and put in my O date, and it gave me what would be the LMP and the EDD.

My midwife wanted me to tell her that my EDD is "iffy" and "around" the first week of July

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#127 of 127 Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Banana- I have a fake LMP that I give people. I went to this website and put in my O date, and it gave me what would be the LMP and the EDD.

My midwife wanted me to tell her that my EDD is "iffy" and "around" the first week of July
Thanks everyone, for your advice. Sounds like everyone is for lying. If that's the route I go, at least I have good info on how to do it! My "LMP" was September 19.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page