Hormones affecting skin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't remember is this is supposed to happen or not. I swear the skin on my stomach has gone lose. I am one of those unfortunate woman who has a road map on my belly from my son. The skin tighted up some over the last five years, but in the last week it looks more and more like i just gave birth. Now granted I was heavier not too long ago, but it seems to be bouncing back nicely. Now it's pretty ucky looking. Is it hormones? I can't think what else it would be. I've only gained two pounds.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm not sure about the stomach thing, but I am getting some wacky crops of "backne" and entire family reunions of zits playing twister all across my face. NOT happy about it! I mean, when is prom? And what to wear that will match a powder blue tux? I smear toothpaste on my face at night to hope it will dry them up!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't started that yet, but with my son my entire chest broke out in the second trimester and didn't clear up until after birth.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
Old 11-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
I'm not sure about the stomach thing, but I am getting some wacky crops of "backne" and entire family reunions of zits playing twister all across my face. NOT happy about it! I mean, when is prom? And what to wear that will match a powder blue tux? I smear toothpaste on my face at night to hope it will dry them up!
The only time in my life I had backne and "chestne" (? ) is when pg with DD. I think it's starting again... is that too dumb of a reason to think this is another girl?

To the OP, I feel flabbier, too. Like softer/looser skin like you're describing. I wonder if it is hormone-related!

User Tag List