November ***Pregnancy after Loss and Infertility*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 269 Old 11-10-2008, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
Sonup - Sticky thoughts are on their way!

heather - yay for 10 weeks!! :

We had our u/s today (we are 10w4d) and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! The fertility clinic was trying out a new machine, so we got to see a 3D ultrasound of our baby! It was soooooo cool! She was moving around and put her hand or fingers or thumb in her mouth!! It seems so bizarre, especially because I am not carrying the baby, but I love her so much already. Seeing her swim around in there was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

Now for the other news, M has a hematoma, smaller than the baby. She is on bedrest for a week and we go back for another u/s next week. The technician scared the crap out of us about it, but the doc (not our usual RE) was pretty nonchalant about it. I goggled it and scared the ever living out of myself and I have now sworn off goggling. But how serious is it? Is there a large chance of m/c?

On my u/s a few weeks ago the tech could see a hematoma. The dr. called me after the appt. to make sure I wasn't worried. She said it was very small and would likely reabsorb. I was not put on bedrest. Starting last Thursday (very scary day) I had dark spotting. I went in for another u/s and it showed everything was fine. The hematoma is no longer there. I keep telling myself this spotting is just that blood working its way out.

I also scared myself by goggling and then I asked if anyone else had been diagnosed with a hematoma on a big board. The stories were very comforting. I must have had 20 replies and they all said it caused no problems in the long run. I believe they are probably more common then anyone realizes, but they go undetected because most women don't have early u/s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 269 Old 11-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleMama View Post
does anyone know anything about betas?
I heard from my OB's office this morning but still don't really know anything. My hcg monday was 5,006 and yesterday's was 7,176. I looked this up online and it seems to be in the normal range on the low end. So they did not double as she was expecting. now, I go for another beta on Monday and then an u/s on Tuesday. I am thinking this is bad news but I haven't 100% given up hope yet. I am seriously going out of my mind here. One minute i am convinced that the pregnancy is finished. Then I realized that my breasts still hurt and whenever I cook, the smells make me nauseous. I can't believe i have to wait this out even longer now.
I wanted to check in with you and see how you were doing. Any new news? I hope all is well.
#123 of 269 Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM

I finally got all the way through. to everyone!! It is such a stressful time. I know I'll be a mess when I get to 11wks as that's when 2 of my m/c's occured. I'm so happy for those of you who have received good news. I'll be keeping each of you in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
Hi, Amy&4girls! Welcome to the crew! I hope you have a positive outcome, too.
Thanks!!

We had a scare about 2wks ago. I was spotting/cramping and thought for sure that I was miscarrying as it was so much like my other early losses. I actually ended up in the er one night but all was well. My m/s is horrible this time..actually worse than w/my twin pgs. But I think a lot-if not most-of it is more stress related than m/s. Either way I'm hoping it lets up soon.

momma to my girls (9) (7) (4) (3) (7m) &
my little ones held only in my heart 4/12-17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
#124 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&4girls View Post
We had a scare about 2wks ago. I was spotting/cramping and thought for sure that I was miscarrying as it was so much like my other early losses. I actually ended up in the er one night but all was well. My m/s is horrible this time..actually worse then w/my twin pgs. But I think a lot-if not most-of it is more stress related than m/s. Either way I'm hoping it lets up soon.
How many weeks are you now, Amy? My m/s seems to be letting up a lot, and I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, hopefully it will lighten up soon! : BTW, are you going to change your username in June? Amy&5girls, or Amy&4girls&aboy?

For me, though, my m/s was back last night! I almost hurled! : Pregnancy is *so* weird, the things that make you happy. DH called from work yesterday evening: "How do you feel? Do you feel like sh*t yet?!"-- all hopeful-sounding. Seriously, though, I've never been "feeling pregnant" this late in the game before. Also my face is changing shape: cheeks are going puffy and my jawline/cheekbones are sort of lost in there now. Don't know WHAT is going on with that but it's strange to look in the mirror and have your face look different.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#125 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 02:29 PM

I'm 8 weeks. I think I'm going to have to come to a better place emotionally before this lets up. As I said I really think most of it is stress-related. And not sure about changing my name..still haven't done it since my youngest was born.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
How many weeks are you now, Amy? My m/s seems to be letting up a lot, and I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, hopefully it will lighten up soon! : BTW, are you going to change your username in June? Amy&5girls, or Amy&4girls&aboy?

For me, though, my m/s was back last night! I almost hurled! : Pregnancy is *so* weird, the things that make you happy. DH called from work yesterday evening: "How do you feel? Do you feel like sh*t yet?!"-- all hopeful-sounding. Seriously, though, I've never been "feeling pregnant" this late in the game before. Also my face is changing shape: cheeks are going puffy and my jawline/cheekbones are sort of lost in there now. Don't know WHAT is going on with that but it's strange to look in the mirror and have your face look different.
All sounds positive!!

#126 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am sorry that I am not doing personals. I am keeping up with the thread, but it is hard to spend long periods of time on the computer when I feel so crummy. I just wanted to let you all know that we met with a cpm last night that we are planning on hiring. Yay! Today I saw my cnm for a prenatal, and we heard the heartbeat with the doppler and they agreed to backup our cpm. I am so happy!
#127 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I am sorry that I am not doing personals. I am keeping up with the thread, but it is hard to spend long periods of time on the computer when I feel so crummy. I just wanted to let you all know that we met with a cpm last night that we are planning on hiring. Yay! Today I saw my cnm for a prenatal, and we heard the heartbeat with the doppler and they agreed to backup our cpm. I am so happy!
That is great news!! I'm sorry you are feeling so bad though. I can certainly relate there.

#128 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&4girls View Post
I'm 8 weeks. I think I'm going to have to come to a better place emotionally before this lets up. As I said I really think most of it is stress-related. And not sure about changing my name..still haven't done it since my youngest was born.
OK, need to make sure I'm counting your girls correctly--you have 5 girls with you now, right? So this will be #6? Yeehaw! I hope you feel much better soon! I can totally understand why it would be hard for you to "get into" this pregnancy--I felt extremely overwhelmed and scared and even like we'd made a mistake for about 3 weeks (6-9). I'm feeling better now, though, and just hoping all will be ok. You will be in my thoughts!

Quote:
Yay for hearing the hb on doppler!!!! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#129 of 269 Old 11-11-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post
OK, need to make sure I'm counting your girls correctly--you have 5 girls with you now, right? So this will be #6? Yeehaw! I hope you feel much better soon! I can totally understand why it would be hard for you to "get into" this pregnancy--I felt extremely overwhelmed and scared and even like we'd made a mistake for about 3 weeks (6-9). I'm feeling better now, though, and just hoping all will be ok. You will be in my thoughts!
Thank you. Yes I have 5 w/me..and this will be #6 hopefully. Glad you are feeling better.

#130 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM

Hi all,
just wanted to update you all. I found out on Monday that I have a confirmed blighted ovum. My betas did not double even after 1 week, and i had another ultrasound done.
I am devestated and now waiting to miscarry on my own. I really do not want anohter d&c, but it might take a while since my betas were still rising.....I'm absolutely devestated. I just can't believe I have to go through this a second time. it's so unfair.
Congratulations to all of you that have made it this far....I wish you nothing but every happiness and healthy pregnancies and babies.

Tanya - Lucky wife to dh & Mommy to dd M (5/02) ds1 C (9/05) ds2 A (1/10) &
#131 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi all,
just wanted to update you all. I found out on Monday that I have a confirmed blighted ovum. My betas did not double even after 1 week, and i had another ultrasound done.
I am devestated and now waiting to miscarry on my own. I really do not want anohter d&c, but it might take a while since my betas were still rising.....I'm absolutely devestated. I just can't believe I have to go through this a second time. it's so unfair.
Congratulations to all of you that have made it this far....I wish you nothing but every happiness and healthy pregnancies and babies.
I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts.
#132 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Hi all,
I'm sorry
#133 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Hi all,
My thoughts are w/you. I'm so sorry.

#134 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 01:20 PM

MiracleMama, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you. With my Feb m/c, it actually took almost two months to complete on its own. It's an individual choice, but to me that felt much better than a D/C. I rested a lot and took it easy and just stuck close to home for awhile.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#135 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 PM

I am so sorry Miraclemama
#136 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Hi all,
I am so sorry for you loss. I hope the mc happens soon so that you can start to heal.
#137 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Hi all,
Miraclemama, I'm so sorry.

#138 of 269 Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm sorry, MiracleMama. Lots of
#139 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 01:46 AM

:
Another month has been added to the DDCs and that always makes me really happy because it means I am still here and getting further along!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#140 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Hi all,
I am so very sorry My heart is breaking for you and you will be in my prayers.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#141 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 AM

I ordered a doppler and received it yesterday. And I heard the hb! I stupidly tried it as soon as it arrived (the kids were occupied so I sneaked upstairs to try it quickly) and did not have a full bladder and of course heard nothing. So then we were going out and for the next few hours I was planning all I would need to do if the worst happened.
Then when we got home I sneaked away again (I can be very sneaky) since my bladder was full and tried again and found the hb almost right away! I am so relieved.:

We still haven't told our other kids that I'm pg, but I'm feeling like we are getting close to the point where we can tell them as well as our parents. I think I just want to get to the 12 week mark because it sounds so far along. Not too much longer! I'm 10w4d today. Wow.

#142 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I ordered a doppler and received it yesterday. And I heard the hb! I stupidly tried it as soon as it arrived (the kids were occupied so I sneaked upstairs to try it quickly) and did not have a full bladder and of course heard nothing. So then we were going out and for the next few hours I was planning all I would need to do if the worst happened.
Then when we got home I sneaked away again (I can be very sneaky) since my bladder was full and tried again and found the hb almost right away! I am so relieved.:

We still haven't told our other kids that I'm pg, but I'm feeling like we are getting close to the point where we can tell them as well as our parents. I think I just want to get to the 12 week mark because it sounds so far along. Not too much longer! I'm 10w4d today. Wow.
: I am looking forward to telling my ds too!
#143 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Great news!!

#144 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
First, I'm so glad you heard the hb. I might need to look into renting a doppler again.

Second, we are still waiting to tell our son and our out of town family. Week 12 and my son's 1/2 birthday (we're dorks, we celebrate 1/2 birthdays for him) are at the same time so we are going to tell him then! I can't wait, although I think he might have me figured out.
#145 of 269 Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
First, I'm so glad you heard the hb. I might need to look into renting a doppler again.

Second, we are still waiting to tell our son and our out of town family. Week 12 and my son's 1/2 birthday (we're dorks, we celebrate 1/2 birthdays for him) are at the same time so we are going to tell him then! I can't wait, although I think he might have me figured out.
That's not dorky, it's awesome. I really haven't told anybody in my family yet, I can't wait. We're waiting until Thanksgiving, a week after our 12-week ultrasound.

#146 of 269 Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
That's not dorky, it's awesome. I really haven't told anybody in my family yet, I can't wait. We're waiting until Thanksgiving, a week after our 12-week ultrasound.
We are telling on Thanksgiving or around there too.
#147 of 269 Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
We are telling on Thanksgiving or around there too.
same for us. I'm a bit concerned about finding out such big news (whether this is a go or not) right before so many familial things, I admit. My pregnant best friend is also coming to stay a night on her way down to her in-laws. This will be great if I am pregnant also, but probably difficult if I find out that I am having another miscarriage, though no matter what I'd want to lean on her pregnant or not. I don't know why lately I feel so pessimistic, I keep going over the 'bad u/s news' in my head trying to mentally prepare I guess. I think I am more nervous seeing how many folks disappear from our due date club, even after morning sickness and fatigue, etc., stuff that's different from my last pregnancy but obviously not a ticket to success.

I keep calling to move it a bit earlier (its next Friday) so I'll have a day or two to decide to deal with it a certain way (I'm actually thinking of trying acupuncture to move things along) but on a Friday I'm forced to wait through the weekend, and then the next week is Thanksgiving, and I'd rather not miscarry during that. Argh!

I read too much into my non-hopefulness too, thinking that its intuition, and that I then must be right. So I'm just trying to ignore the fatigue and sickness (actually telling everyone at work that I am feeling 'ill' has helped, since then I feel ill, not pregnant) and go along as if nothing is going on.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#148 of 269 Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM

It sounds like there will be a lot of us sharing the news at Thanksgiving!
We're actually planning to tell our families by phone a few days before Thanksgiving. Then the initial surprise and questions can come out before the actual holiday, when there will be some people there that I'd rather not discuss absolutely *everything* in front of

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
same for us. I'm a bit concerned about finding out such big news (whether this is a go or not) right before so many familial things, I admit. My pregnant best friend is also coming to stay a night on her way down to her in-laws. This will be great if I am pregnant also, but probably difficult if I find out that I am having another miscarriage, though no matter what I'd want to lean on her pregnant or not. I don't know why lately I feel so pessimistic, I keep going over the 'bad u/s news' in my head trying to mentally prepare I guess. I think I am more nervous seeing how many folks disappear from our due date club, even after morning sickness and fatigue, etc., stuff that's different from my last pregnancy but obviously not a ticket to success.

I keep calling to move it a bit earlier (its next Friday) so I'll have a day or two to decide to deal with it a certain way (I'm actually thinking of trying acupuncture to move things along) but on a Friday I'm forced to wait through the weekend, and then the next week is Thanksgiving, and I'd rather not miscarry during that. Argh!

I read too much into my non-hopefulness too, thinking that its intuition, and that I then must be right. So I'm just trying to ignore the fatigue and sickness (actually telling everyone at work that I am feeling 'ill' has helped, since then I feel ill, not pregnant) and go along as if nothing is going on.
You continue to be in my thoughts and I am hoping for the very best for you! Remember that I and I'm sure some others here had the same feelings in the pregnancy after a miscarriage and everything turned out great. It sounds like letting people at work think you are just ill was a good idea. Limits the pressure you might feel otherwise.

#149 of 269 Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post

I am not sure if we can trust our intuitions after loss...just my opinion. There is just too much fear wrapped up in what happened to us before, so we just prepare for that. I also sort of feel that as we pass the milestone of when we lost our baby our minds just relive the experience of losing the baby...like ptsd. It feels like our minds cannot separate the current experience from the trauma of the loss. This is completely my opinion, but it seems to be substantiated by other women pregnant after loss.

You are in my thoughts.
#150 of 269 Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I am not sure if we can trust our intuitions after loss...just my opinion. There is just too much fear wrapped up in what happened to us before, so we just prepare for that. I also sort of feel that as we pass the milestone of when we lost our baby our minds just relive the experience of losing the baby...like ptsd. It feels like our minds cannot separate the current experience from the trauma of the loss. This is completely my opinion, but it seems to be substantiated by other women pregnant after loss.
I agree completely w/this.

seafox-You will be in my thoughts.

The only people we really have to tell are my in-laws. So we will probably do that at Thanksgiving too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page