November ***Pregnancy after Loss and Infertility*** - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amy, I am so, so sorry about your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#242 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&4girls View Post
Our little one is gone.

I wish you all the best w/your pregnancies. And I pray the summer brings you all happy, healthy little ones.
I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts.
#243 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 10:59 AM

So sorry Amy

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#244 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Oh Amy, I am so sorry. Lots of for you.
#245 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I am just completely numb by it all..not really feeling anything yet. I appreciate so much all your support you gave me. Again I hope you all are holding your precious little ones come summertime.

momma to my girls (9) (7) (4) (3) (7m) &
my little ones held only in my heart 4/12-17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
#246 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 PM

Amy - I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.
#247 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM

In good news, I had a great ultrasound today. Bubbles (our name for the kid) is measuring right on schedule, and my NT looked great.

I had a rather obnoxious appointment, the details of which are at my blog (eccentricadopter.blogspot.com) General warning: I rant a lot, swear a lot (especially in this post), and in other posts talk a lot about politics. That said, ugh. Not a fan of my doc's office right now.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#248 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM

I had a good ultrasound today as well. I feel so relieved and ready to tell family now. I'm 12w2d, the hb was 165 & I've lost 2 lbs. We are calling our little one Hotdog, because that's what our 4 yo suggest we name a baby.

I'm not a fan of my current ob office and plan to switch to cnm practice once I'm through the NT scan. But I did meet a new doctor today that I really liked. First off she read my chart before coming in. Then she brought up that she disagreed with the ob I saw last that advised I stop bf. She fully explained the answers to my questions, even drew me some pictures.

The front office tried to schedule my next appt. with the NP that left the room during a previous visit to get lab results and sent a nurse back, she never came back to finish! I stood my ground and said I would be happy to see anyone except her. They asked why and I explained. It felt good.
#249 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Amy - I am so sorry. I know what you mean about being numb.

Chrissie and sunflwr, congrats on good u/s!

I had my prenatal today, and she was able to find the HB using the doppler, which was cool (I thought it might take longer given my tipped uterus) I only got to 'see' it last Friday, so it was nice to hear.

so my last hockey game was yesterday (sad!) but I am looking forward to a very different winter than my usual hockey-full winters and we are planning to do a lot of xc skiing since Ill have more weekends free now. I did play ultimate frisbee today, and am planning on trying to play that for a few months, as long as everyone knows and is very careful to not play me too close or do anything impact-possible. Ill stop if I get too nervous about that possibility - but since its just pickup, I think folks will give me space to let me keep playing.

I am thinking of renting a doppler - my next appt is in 4 weeks, and I think I am going to use that milestone to tell folks (Ill be 16 weeks) but I kind of want peace of mind for myself in this next month. Any thoughts on this? I know some of you have rented them, yes? I am not going to feel movement for a while, I am pretty sure, just because its my first and w/ the crazy intestinal action I have on a usual basis (I have IBS) I couldn't differentiate if I tried.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#250 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM

I have a doppler and am loving the peace of mind

#251 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM

Ashley, ChrissieColinsMom, Seafox-- YAY!! I'm so glad your appointments went well.

I rented a doppler yesterday, hoping it arrives before Thanksgiving. It just seems that no matter how well things seem to be going, I can't shake that "what if something's wrong" feeling. Each good ultrasound only gives me confidence for a few days, it seems. I was thinking on Saturday night about how long it is until my next prenatal (since I just had one) and just freaked... went online the next day and ordered the doppler. I just hope they don't *actually* call your doctor, because I didn't discuss this with them at all.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#252 of 269 Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 PM

those who ordered them, any particular place you recommend, or kind?

I didn't see that about calling your doc, would your doc disapprove? I can't imagine why . . .

#253 of 269 Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yay Chrissie, seafox and Sun!

I had a prenatal last night, and the heartbeat sounded great. The baby was moving all around, and I am so happy!
#254 of 269 Old 11-25-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&4girls View Post
Our little one is gone.

I wish you all the best w/your pregnancies. And I pray the summer brings you all happy, healthy little ones.
Oh Amy, I am so sorry to hear of your losss I was really really hoping for the best for you. My thoughts are with you and your family, I'll be thinking of you.

Deb

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#255 of 269 Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
those who ordered them, any particular place you recommend, or kind?

I didn't see that about calling your doc, would your doc disapprove? I can't imagine why . . .
I love having one. My kids got a kick out of it, too.

This is the 3rd time we've rented, and all 3 times from babybeat.com. I have no compaints. I ordered using the standard free shipping and it took about 4 days to get here, a full day ahead of the DHL schedule online.

I don't order extra gel; when the little tube they include runs out I just use regular handcream and it works fine.

I have the second-cheapest one, I think. No display.

AFM, all grandparents and children have been told as of this morning Everyone is happy for us, if a bit surprised But very happy and excited, I can tell. 12w1d now. I asked for a gift cert to motherhood for Christmas to buy a pair of pants.

Hugs to all,
deb

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#256 of 269 Old 11-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Cool. I ordered mine from Babybeat too, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm just dying to make sure everything sounds OK in there still.

BTW, how long do you rent the doppler for-- the entire pregnancy? And how often do you use it? I'm afraid I may become a doppler-addict.

#257 of 269 Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 PM

So happy to hear all of the good appts! I would SOOOOO rent a doppler if this baby was in me. It seems crazy to rent one for M when she would have to play it to us over the phone. But we are going to record messages and put them on an iPod so she can play them to the baby. We go for another u/s next Wed (we'll be 14 weeks) and I am really hoping we can find out the gender! :
#258 of 269 Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Yeah that would be a bit much, to make her play it over the phone...

I just tried mine out and am 99% sure I just heard the hb... I checked it against my own heart, to make sure that wasn't what I was hearing, and then spot-checked various other areas of my body to make sure that my body doesn't just randomly make fetal-heart-beat noises, but nothing else sounded like the noise coming from my uterus area. (I had hoped, though, that this thing would come with some kind of display of the BPM, though. I can't tell stuff like that at all.)

#259 of 269 Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Yeah that would be a bit much, to make her play it over the phone...

I just tried mine out and am 99% sure I just heard the hb... I checked it against my own heart, to make sure that wasn't what I was hearing, and then spot-checked various other areas of my body to make sure that my body doesn't just randomly make fetal-heart-beat noises, but nothing else sounded like the noise coming from my uterus area. (I had hoped, though, that this thing would come with some kind of display of the BPM, though. I can't tell stuff like that at all.)
you can always count beats for 10 seconds, and then multiply to get bpm.
my heartbeat is so slow usually (40's) that I am assuming 160bpm will stand out very differently! I hope I get mine by monday.

I was planning to use once a week or so, just for reassurance until I start feeling movement.

#260 of 269 Old 11-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
So happy to hear all of the good appts! I would SOOOOO rent a doppler if this baby was in me. It seems crazy to rent one for M when she would have to play it to us over the phone. But we are going to record messages and put them on an iPod so she can play them to the baby.
I rented a doppler from babybeat that has a record function on it. It records about 30 seconds worth, then I can transfer it to the computer, and I email it to my IPs. It's this one. It's the most expensive model but I figured it's worth it in the long run. Oh, and my IPs made tapes of their voices (talking to the baby, reading stories, etc) that I played to my belly every night and he totally recognized their voices when he was born.

I kept my doppler past the rental period until it was paid off so I could have for all of my pregnancies. Also last pregnancy was UP/UC so I wanted to have it to use during labor if I felt like I needed too. It has the display option too which is awesome. I tried using it around 9+weeks and it would pick up something that showed on the display but the audio couldn't pick it up. I just told myself that it was the baby but it was still too small for me to actually hear it. It made me feel better.

I don't think they actually call your doctor-it's more there as a CYA type thing for them. When I rented mine I didn't have a dr or mw so I made up a name and put my own phone # down. No one ever called me.

Oh, I didn't get extra doppler jelly either-I just use good old KY now

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#261 of 269 Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 AM

I'm jumping in here without having read the whole thread...just a post here and there...

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. I've got a 15 year old, a 5 year old and a 3 year old. I also had miscarriages in '97, '98 and '00...and the first one came after 3.5 years of unsuccessfully ttc. I lost my son, Aaron, to stillbirth after a HBA3C attempt last November. My children have all been c-sections, which is another huge loss for me (although of a very different kind). Pregnancy is a lot scarier than it used to be, even though I have really good pregnancies.

Anyway...two of my three miscarriages were almost exactly at the 12 week mark (within 2 days, both times). I've been really excited about this pregnancy, but now that I'm getting so close to 12 weeks, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I have strange sensations in my pelvis sometimes, mostly related to nerve damage (or maybe adhesions?) from my 3rd section, and I'm getting into a bit of a tizzy every time something doesn't feel "right".

So...just wanted to say "hi" and talk a little about my mental state...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#262 of 269 Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 PM

Welcome, Storm Bride. I hope the next few weeks go smoothly for you.
#263 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 12:16 AM

Storm Bride - welcome! I think I know you from somewhere - maybe Politics?

Check out my siggie, everyone! Finally making a commitment after telling some of my family on Thanksgiving. Everyone else will find out on our family website (my family is HUGE!).

I am really hoping to hear a hb on Monday. Please, please everyone send me strong hb vibes. Every day I have more and more confidence (I'm 12w2d), but a nice strong hb would be really reassuring!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#264 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Storm Bride! I will add you to the first page when I have a little more time.

ktmama, good luck on Monday!
#265 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the club. I know exactly what you mean about getting nervous as you get to that point where you've lost previous pregnancies... I guess everybody here is much too familiar with that fear. I hope this is your best pregnancy yet!

ktmama
, GOOD LUCK for Monday!!! :

As for me, I'm nervous... again... because I'm starting to feel really healthy and normal, not something I associate with being pregnant. Not tired, not queasy, etc. I guess I won't ever really relax with this pregnancy until... I have no idea. Birth maybe? (I mean, I have the doppler at home now, I checked the HB on thursday and everything sounded OK, what would it take to actually reassure me? )

#266 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
As for me, I'm nervous... again... because I'm starting to feel really healthy and normal, not something I associate with being pregnant. Not tired, not queasy, etc. I guess I won't ever really relax with this pregnancy until... I have no idea. Birth maybe? (I mean, I have the doppler at home now, I checked the HB on thursday and everything sounded OK, what would it take to actually reassure me? )
I am feeling much better too! I am not as fatigued or nauseous. I even went back to pooping normal. I am freaked out, but still feeling confident.
#267 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama View Post
I am really hoping to hear a hb on Monday. Please, please everyone send me strong hb vibes. Every day I have more and more confidence (I'm 12w2d), but a nice strong hb would be really reassuring!
:

Quote:
As for me, I'm nervous... again... because I'm starting to feel really healthy and normal, not something I associate with being pregnant. Not tired, not queasy, etc.
I'm starting to feel more normal, too! Not totally, but the fog is starting to lift and I can stay up a little later without feeling quite so bad. I still have that awful taste in my mouth that kind of makes me gag, but in general things are looking up. Woohoo!
#268 of 269 Old 11-29-2008, 11:36 PM

I wish I was feeling more normal! I am so looking forward to that day even though I know it'll freak me out too. My nausea I guess is a *tiny* bit better in that it wakes me up at 5-6am instead of 3am, but that's about it. My digestion still really sucks. It seems if I eat anything over a tiny tiny meal I get very 'sloshy' feeling, gassy, heartburn-y, etc. Its hard for me to eat small amounts all day I guess so I am just making it worse, I need to totally retrain my eating habits I guess.

Doppler isn't here yet, hopefully monday!

#269 of 269 Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page