6 week u/s today: need some positive energy please! - Mothering Forums
June 2009 > 6 week u/s today: need some positive energy please!
christine1977's Avatar christine1977 11:56 AM 11-04-2008
have my first u/s today. 6 weeks today! (my ticker may be off).

I realize I may not see a heartbeat but honestly, all i want to see "AT LEAST" is the gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole".

I've never had all of that at once before.. last time there was a "questionable" fetal pole and I've always been about 2 weeks or so behind where I should've been for the time of my u/s.

I've really only gone in for the u/s before because of early bleeding!

problem is i don't even feel pregnant.. if i didn't miss a period and didn't have positive HPT and bloodworkd and odd cramp i wouldnt' know i was pregnant...

i hope my morning isn't predicting my day.

I drove to work.. was late due to fog so thick i couldnt' see the stoplights in front of me. i opened my passenger window to see and then it wouldn't shut.

was late to work and couldn't close my window then had to drop car off to get get it fixed.. they say close to three or four hundred dolalrs!!!

I hope to have good news to offset this, this afternoon!!

Going to need lot of positive energy around me - I'll hopefully come back withi a pic of some sort !!!

happyhippimama's Avatar happyhippimama 12:03 PM 11-04-2008
Good Luck to you!! Update us when you can.

fantesia28's Avatar fantesia28 12:14 PM 11-04-2008
Good Luck to you!!! Things will be fine!! At 6 weeks you may or may not see the heartbeat, but with a good machine you probably will. Good Luck!! I am rooting for you and hoping your day gets much MUCH better.
no5no5's Avatar no5no5 12:21 PM 11-04-2008
: :::
christine1977's Avatar christine1977 12:44 PM 11-04-2008
going to my fertility clinic so i'm hoping i will as i know it also depends on the tech!

i'd assume this is more their specialty
WeasleyMum's Avatar WeasleyMum 01:44 PM 11-04-2008
: : : : : :

All good vibes coming your way!
musiclady's Avatar musiclady 01:58 PM 11-04-2008
Your day is going to be wonderful! My 7w pics looked like a blob. :-) But there was a flicker! And when you get to see it on the screen, you're not going to care about the window or the fog. Everything is going to just stop and you're going to be loving seeing that lovely little blob....

Best of luck to you today! I can't wait to hear your update!
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar BlissfullyLoving 02:10 PM 11-04-2008
Good luck...cannot wait to hear the update!
surprisedmama's Avatar surprisedmama 02:16 PM 11-04-2008
Good luck. FYI I had an ultrasound for early dating which they dated 5 weeks because they could only see a sac. I was really 6 weeks. So if there is no heartbeat or pole don't worry. I had another at 9 weeks and saw it all, that is when they said I was a week farther along. Sending positive vibes your way.
Critty's Avatar Critty 02:36 PM 11-04-2008
Good luck!! : I am sure you got all of the negative stuff out of the way this morning so it would be non-stop positive news this afternoon!!
christine1977's Avatar christine1977 06:47 PM 11-04-2008
welll... BELIEVE IT OR NOT i saw AND heard a heartbeat today.

The fertility clinic i go to has some state of the art machine where, when she did teh transvaginal, she pushed a button and i heard the heart beat.

I'm still only 6 weeks and i didn't eget a picture as there was only really a fetal pole visible but did see a heart beat and hear it...

I want to be happy but i'm sad and i'm scared that i'm alone... He was there with me today and i actually thought him seeing this would make him realize things a little... apparently i'm fooling myself and that's jsut not going to happen ANY TIME soon

I am going with him to his cottage for the next 2 days..... we'll be talking a bit then (more so how to deal with these appointments and such...

WOW i wanted to be so much happier but i am being selfish right now ans i can't be ... i have a baby and it's heart is beating.... but
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar BlissfullyLoving 06:50 PM 11-04-2008
Great news! :

I am sorry you feel alone.
Girlo's Avatar Girlo 06:54 PM 11-04-2008
That's wonderful news, Christine!!
Critty's Avatar Critty 07:00 PM 11-04-2008
Great news about the u/s and the heartbeat!!! Allow yourself to feel whatever you need to grieve the relationship, and take care of you. And your growing, healthy baby!!
chely7425's Avatar chely7425 07:36 PM 11-04-2008
Congrats on the ultrasound!!! Me and now-DH had a horrible relationship for the first trimester of my pregnancy... it was just, really bad. If you ever need to talk I am only a PM away.
fantesia28's Avatar fantesia28 07:46 PM 11-04-2008
YEAH!!! I am so so so happy for you!!!

As for feeling alone... I totally know how you feel as I have been there, done that! Me and my DH actually split up during my 2nd pregnancy. Our relationship is 100% better these days (has been for the past 7 years), but man... it was tough being pregnant and alone with nobody to share the joy with. If you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me. In the meantime... please take it easy and don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know what your situation is, but right now you and your baby are most important. Hugs!!
nyakanyasko's Avatar nyakanyasko 08:22 PM 11-04-2008
Congratulations on the heartbeat!!! Yay! I hope things get better with the relationship...take good care of yourself
musiclady's Avatar musiclady 10:15 PM 11-04-2008
congratulations on the good ultrasound! and hearing the heartbeat!!!! hooray!!!

I hope things work out best for you in regard to the relationship. It looks like there are some friends on the board that can be a good ear for you, and remember that we are here for you too!!!
Ianthe's Avatar Ianthe 01:40 AM 11-05-2008
: Congrats on the heartbeat! :

I hope you and baby-daddy are able to work things out to an agreeable situation
christine1977's Avatar christine1977 10:50 PM 11-06-2008
Thank you to all ... the ex and I have a lot of things to work on regarding how we are going to handle this but happy to report we spent a decent 2 days up at his cottage (with his father). We're not "dating" and we're not "trying to get back together".. we both needed this and really actually enjoyed each others company.

Time will tell what will happen with the rest !

I'm still shocked with hearing and seeing the heartbeat at 6 weeks.. crazy ... thing is, i really don't feel any different than before conception lol

I thought seeing and hearing woult make it real, but i still don't really feel pregnant ! (knocking on wood, but NO morning sickness yet!)
Up