Who have you told (or not told)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only about 7 weeks along, and have only told a close friend and my mom. We are planning on telling everyone else at Christmas, when I'll be a couple weeks into the second trimester.

It's hard keeping it a secret some days though. With my son, we told everybody immediately. On the other hand though, we're planning a homebirth this time so I'm not looking forward to what my in-laws and other people might say about that. (Not that it matters...) So in that regard, it's kind of nice to keep it to ourselves for now.

What about you?

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
We've pretty much told everyone. I'm 8 weeks.

If some people aren't friendly to a homebirth, just don't discuss your homebirth plans with them. They'll assume you're going to a hospital until you tell them otherwise.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#3 of 11 Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 PM

We've told just about everyone. The only group that's left is work. I wanted to wait as long as possible, but I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and I think people are going to start to guess pretty soon. My boss is gone all next week so I'll probably tell him when he gets back. Even after all this time I still don't like telling people. It's a weird hang up I guess...

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#4 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM

I've told a handful of friends, my sister, my coworkers (because I work at WIC, and was getting re-certified), all of you, and a couple others it has slipped out to.

My SIL is on MDC, so she and her DH know too.

We haven't told my parents or his parents yet.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#5 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 12:46 AM

I've told everyone. There's no way I could keep it a secret!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#6 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 AM

My husband absolutely could not keep it to himself any longer. He wanted to share with the entire WORLD! haha! I could have kept it quiet for a lot longer (I'm a private person like that). I had told my online friends I met first round of pregnancy so I had a good outlet for sharing We told our parents last weekend and I'm acutally really glad because now I don't have to hide how tired and yucky feeling I am. We live on the same family property as my parents and brother/sil so having them know is much easier really.

And it was fun to tell

I'm 10 weeks something

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#7 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM

My sister and a few friends know but we're not planning on telling our parents until Christmas. I kind of like keeping the secret but I'm having trouble hiding the exhaustion!

DD 5/25/09 :
5/22/11
#8 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm 11 weeks and all of my family and friends know. The majority of the people at my church don't know yet and I've been trying to figure out either the right time to tell them or if I'd rather just let them find out when they find out. I'm leaning towards they'll know eventually...

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#9 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 03:51 PM

I'm almost 8 weeks and have only told a few people - no family yet. We're planning on telling everyone at Thanksgiving, although its been REALLY hard not to blurt it out to my mom. I cant wait!
#10 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm 9w and I've told family, our children, DH has told his boss (in an effort to hopefully get sent home for the birth, he'll be deployed otherwise) and I've told just a few friends locally. I don't want to tell everyone until after we hear the hb or see it.

Though I think in about 3 weeks I won't be able to hide it. Can't believe how quickly I got a "belly" this time!!

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#11 of 11 Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM

We thought we could keep it quiet until 12 weeks, but it has slowly made its way around. (probably partly because of facebook) so most of my friends know, and my family.

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page