Please give me permission... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... to wear the maternity pants already. I feel like such a poser - my uterus isn't even near my pubic bone yet! I'm 8 weeks.

I wear a rubber band on my pants because I HATE the tightness (makes me queasy) and by evening I look huge. Definitely maternity worthy after dinnertime. But in the morning? Can I really put on mat pants and not get laughed out of work?
#2 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM

Permission granted Wear what is comfortable for you
#3 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 10:00 PM

I've been in maternity since 6 weeks, I think. It's been awhile at least. I get what I call the "early pregnancy mega bloating of doom" and none of my pants fit at all.

Now, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and I definitely need the maternity.

Be comfortable, you deserve it.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#4 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Last pregnancy I was in maternity pants at 5 weeks. You can absolutely wear them now!!! Just wear a long shirt so no one knows they're maternity.

This time, I'm only in regular jeans because I have *one* pair that is "slimming", which means it's really stretchy all over! But even they're starting to get a bit uncomfortable, even though I can stretch them a few inches away from my belly. I sometimes wear my maternity pants, but many of my shirts are too short for them. Won't be long before I need maternity tops though.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#5 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 PM

I feel the same!!! I know I look like i am about 5 months! I am so queazy when I have something tight around me. I hate it. So why DO I have a belly already? Anyone know. You know that little tiny baby is like the size of a grape!

WHY!!

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#6 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM

I am so with you! Morning, I am mostly normal, maybe a bit rounder, but as the day progresses, I look hugely pregnant and only maternity will fit. My seven year old actually looked at me last night and said, "Wow, Mom, you ARE pregnant!" Like you, I am 8 weeks.

PLEASE be comfortable! I know that's the choice I've made for myself! LOL

busy mama to four
: : : :
#7 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 10:11 AM

I think I gave up last week on Wednesday or so. That's eight weeks and a couple of days. I'm not in maternity pants since I don't have any long pants, but I'm in sweat pants, stretchy skirts, and my two sizes too big jeans.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#8 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
"early pregnancy mega bloating of doom"
I am right there with you! Plus I had a baby in February so that's not helping the situation any! Luckily I bought bigger regular jeans right after I had him so now I'm back to wearing them. I have some of the underbelly style maternity pants that are really comfy right now, too.

Wear what ever your comfy in. I wore some of my maternity shorts this summer b/c I didn't have any non-maternity shorts. Know what-they were way more comfortable too!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#9 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 03:26 PM

i bought my first pair last week but haven't worn them. i have one of those motherhood belly bands that looks like the top of maternity pants. i wore it over some jeans that no longer button (more bloat than baby) but it kept slipping! ugh!

now i'm just wearing lots of empire waist dresses and leggings.
#10 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM

Wear 'em!
I've apparently put on ten pounds so a rubberband is just barely doing it at this point. I feel you on the tightness making you queasy thing!
The thought of my maternity clothes actually makes me gag though, for some reason. I just want to wear pajamas, but I doubt I'll be getting any permission for that, haha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page