Chat Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the new thread! Everyone is welcome to come and chat about anything and everything. How are you feeling? What is going on in your life? How are you emotionally? Or, anything else you are thinking about. Please join in with us and let's get to know one another!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM

Good morning! I'm awake but not by choice. My daycare kid had to come early this morning. Talk about tough! Hubby got the car running yesterday! We're still going van shopping, but at least we have wheels for now. We might even get a new vehicle before this one goes completely! That would be a first.

Still having totally weird dreams. Last night I dreamt our son was with ILs and we went to the zoo. Why we would go without Gabe I'll never know. Then as we were leaving the zoo an air raid siren went off. We ended up hiding in a 7-11 while planes flew over and dropped bombs. The entire time freaking out, because our son was across the city and we have no idea if he's ok. Crazy! We watching the new Indiana Jones movie this weekend though, and I think that's were the air raid came from.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
Old 11-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Good morning.

I have my first appointment today at 11 am. I am going by myself since I have to go to class after. I am excited and nervous about it. Earlier I was thinking about skipping the ultrasound at this appointment but I will have it today. They just do the quick one in the office to check for a heartbeat. I am 11 weeks now.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
Good morning! I'm awake but not by choice. My daycare kid had to come early this morning. Talk about tough! Hubby got the car running yesterday! We're still going van shopping, but at least we have wheels for now. We might even get a new vehicle before this one goes completely! That would be a first.

Still having totally weird dreams. Last night I dreamt our son was with ILs and we went to the zoo. Why we would go without Gabe I'll never know. Then as we were leaving the zoo an air raid siren went off. We ended up hiding in a 7-11 while planes flew over and dropped bombs. The entire time freaking out, because our son was across the city and we have no idea if he's ok. Crazy! We watching the new Indiana Jones movie this weekend though, and I think that's were the air raid came from.
That is a weird dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaGoat View Post
Good morning.

I have my first appointment today at 11 am. I am going by myself since I have to go to class after. I am excited and nervous about it. Earlier I was thinking about skipping the ultrasound at this appointment but I will have it today. They just do the quick one in the office to check for a heartbeat. I am 11 weeks now.
Good luck at your appt. At 11 weeks you might be able to hear the heartbeat by doppler.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Hey guys! Things are going pretty good here... I get to fly home and visit family in 2 weeks!!!! Sucks being across the country from everyone but at least I get to go home for a couple weeks Also... there is a VERY good chance that DH could be home before Xmas, so any prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts that you all could spare would be appreciated... I want him home!!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 11-10-2008, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Hey guys! Things are going pretty good here... I get to fly home and visit family in 2 weeks!!!! Sucks being across the country from everyone but at least I get to go home for a couple weeks Also... there is a VERY good chance that DH could be home before Xmas, so any prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts that you all could spare would be appreciated... I want him home!!!!
Yay for visiting family and HOORAY for dh being home before Christmas!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Yay for visiting family and HOORAY for dh being home before Christmas!
Thanks... it isn't for sure yet, and I never believe anything the Army says till it actually happens... but I really hope it does!! Having him here for T's first Xmas and our first wedding anniversary would be awesome

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks... it isn't for sure yet, and I never believe anything the Army says till it actually happens... but I really hope it does!! Having him here for T's first Xmas and our first wedding anniversary would be awesome
Probably a good philosophy. I am hoping, with you, that he will be home!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM

I had my first appointment on Friday and it was good! We got to hear the heartbeat, which was really exciting.

But now I have a terrible cold and have the combination of not wanting to eat because I'm sick and the pregnant hunger. And I feel even more like staying in bed all day than i normally do!!! I'm hoping it blows over quickly.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Good Monday Morning...
Don't have much to say this morning. I haven't been on here for a couple days and am saddened by some losses in our DDC.
I don't have my first appointment until a week from today. I am not 100% sure what they will even do- doppler? u/s? but it is a little nerve-wracking making sure everything is on schedule with the LO.
I have been having good days and bad days as far as sickness goes. Yesterday and today are bad days. I still have only vomited once, which was last week- odd.
I have been a little side-tracked the last few days as my mom had surgery on Friday to have an area of her breast removed for biopsy. We don't get the results back until tomorrow or Wednesday. It wasn't a lump, just some calcifications, so if it was something, it is very, very early. But, we are just thinking positive that it is nothing at all.

MisaGoat- Good luck today! Make sure and keep us updated!

chely7425- : for your DH to be home!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
I had my first appointment on Friday and it was good! We got to hear the heartbeat, which was really exciting.

But now I have a terrible cold and have the combination of not wanting to eat because I'm sick and the pregnant hunger. And I feel even more like staying in bed all day than i normally do!!! I'm hoping it blows over quickly.
That's great news!!

Sorry that you are feeling under the weather. Yes, here's to it passing quickly!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yay for the heartbeat and sorry you are sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post
Good Monday Morning...
Don't have much to say this morning. I haven't been on here for a couple days and am saddened by some losses in our DDC.
I don't have my first appointment until a week from today. I am not 100% sure what they will even do- doppler? u/s? but it is a little nerve-wracking making sure everything is on schedule with the LO.
I have been having good days and bad days as far as sickness goes. Yesterday and today are bad days. I still have only vomited once, which was last week- odd.
I have been a little side-tracked the last few days as my mom had surgery on Friday to have an area of her breast removed for biopsy. We don't get the results back until tomorrow or Wednesday. It wasn't a lump, just some calcifications, so if it was something, it is very, very early. But, we are just thinking positive that it is nothing at all.
I know the losses are very hard. Thinking of your mom!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM

subbing to the new thread

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
: for you! That would be wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalishea View Post
Good Monday Morning...
Yes, there have been a lot of losses these last few days
Sending for the wait for your mom's results.

Quote:

Yay for heartbeats! : I hope that you feel better soon Jayray!

AFM, just had my appointment and basically just got prodded, poked, (lots of) blood taken, urine taken. After feeling for my uterus she said it would be too early to hear the hb, but I did get booked in for an u/s later next week (will be 10 weeks). I was undecided about whether to accept but I think I will go for it as it will help me relax. And assuming all is well, then we will start telling people Only my boss knows so far.

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Hey,

I haven't been doing the chat threads because I'm usually more interested in napping than chatting!

Anyway, it's snowing here! I was all opposed to winter for the past few weeks and then suddenly it snowed and I'm so happy! The kids and I made hot pretzles today after school and then played Pick-Up Sticks by DD's rules (so I totally lost! )

My good days and bad days alternate so I get a little relief.

I really need to get around to scheduling with my midwife. I'm thinking maybe the week we get back from Vegas. I'll be almost 11 weeks and I think we could hear heartbeats with my other 2 by then.

Chely, that would be so great if DH were home in time! That's alot of stuff to be home for! What anniversary will it be?

Kalishea, I hope you get good news for your mom!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Hey,

Chely, that would be so great if DH were home in time! That's alot of stuff to be home for! What anniversary will it be?
It will be our 1st wedding anniversary... so I really hope he is home for it!!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Awwww!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 AM

Hey, everyone!

kali, that's great news about your mom.

Today when I came online, I was so sad about all the losses that I almost just didnt' want to post. It breaks my heart. And it scares me too.

I'm so cranky and tired. Tired of heaving. I heave so violently. Never puke. I haven't puked at all. Sometimes I just feel like I'd feel sooo much better if I could actually puke after I heave. It hurts so badly.

And sleeping!?!?!? Grrrrr.

Guess we should name this one "Lori's vent."

Sorry. Grouchus Maximus here.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
Old 11-11-2008, 01:46 AM

Musiclady, I totally agree with you, being sad/scared with all the losses our group has had.

Hope you feel better soon Jayray, (and other people feeling yucky!).

I was going to post a question about my doctor's office's recommendations about salt intake and weight gain, but I figured I might be un-shy and start a new thread on it.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Good morning all!!

I have been nauseas every single day. I wish it would end. BLECH!!

I am super excited about my first appointment with the midwife next Monday. DH has to work though. HE is still trying toswitch with someone to get that day off. Will she try to listen to the heartbeat that day? I did not ask.

I start work tomorrow. Our family is not doing very good on one income. So the day before I found out we were expecting, I had an interview and offered the job. I am a CNA. I worked thru all of my other pregnancies. Well, I was in school for the entire last one. But the rest I worked as a CNA right up until the end. I will just be working 7p-7a Saturday and Sunday. But that is more than I have been working. My sleep will surely be screwed up after this weekend. I have to do the facility orientation Wednesday-Friday and t hen start my hours this weekend.

I guess that is about it.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM

wow. we sure are a chatty bunch, eh?

chely- : for your dh to come home early!

jayray- i did the cold sickness/pregnant hunger thing too a couple weeks back... i found myself one morning at the 24 hour subway at 3am ordering a tuna fish sandwich and eating it despite not being able to taste anything and having a really sore throat... pregnancy insomnia and cold insomnia sucked! subway? tuna fish? 3 am!?!?! if i didn't know i was pregnant, i would have sworn i was crazy.

kali- i hope your mom's results come back as nothing

hhh- i hope that work is easy for you during this pregnancy

yay for all the mamas who had/are going to have their first appointments!!!

afm, i'm having the weird dreams and the perpetual dry heaving like a few other mamas here. i actually had a bit of relief the last week from the nausea, but now it's back with a vengance and accompanied by round ligament pain.

today when i was at prenatals (for other mamas) i had my midwife see if she could find the hb on the baby with her doppler, but i am only 9w, 6d...we didn't hear anything. i was worried about the pains and that's why i wanted to hear the baby, but even after not hearing him, i'm not as worried as i was. well, maybe i am... the rl pains also felt crampy to me in the middle; i'm not bleeding or anything, but it still makes me uneasy. of course i woke up this morning dry heaving my brains out and my boobs still hurt like the dickens, so...i'll just attribute the sensations to uterine growth for now. besides, the pain isn't constant, but it has occured frequently since yesterday afternoon : btw, my uterus is nestled just behind my pubic bone, so hearing the baby was a long shot as it was. i also picked up some cramp bark tincture, just in case. i had this issue around the same time when i was pg w/ dd (i actually bled too) and i did the cramp bark; either it worked, or my uterus decided to behave itself. as of right now, things feel fine in there. i guess we will see, but i'm feeling pretty positive that it'll all work out.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

I had another prenatal today. We heard the heartbeat with the doppler, which was great because I was not sure if we would (I will be 10 weeks on Thursday).
Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I had another prenatal today. We heard the heartbeat with the doppler, which was great because I was not sure if we would (I will be 10 weeks on Thursday).
: glad you got to hear the heartbeat!!

I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. I haven't heard or seen the heartbeat yet so this will be the first time and I'm 10 weeks 4 days. I'm suddenly super scared/nervous but I guess that is to be expected after loosing my last baby. I just hope everything is ok.

I haven't been on much lately. We went out of town to the middle of nowhere California for my sisters wedding and had no internet or cell phone access. Then when we came home our entire house was flooded because my the pipe on my diaper sprayer exploded. We have to be out of our house for 30-40 days while they repair everything. I hate hotels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
: glad you got to hear the heartbeat!!

I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. I haven't heard or seen the heartbeat yet so this will be the first time and I'm 10 weeks 4 days. I'm suddenly super scared/nervous but I guess that is to be expected after loosing my last baby. I just hope everything is ok.

I haven't been on much lately. We went out of town to the middle of nowhere California for my sisters wedding and had no internet or cell phone access. Then when we came home our entire house was flooded because my the pipe on my diaper sprayer exploded. We have to be out of our house for 30-40 days while they repair everything. I hate hotels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH NO!!! I hope everything gets fixed for you and your hotel stay is short! Can you stay in the kind that you at least have a kitchenette?

good luck at your u/s!!! keep us updated!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:32 AM

Hey Mama's!

I've been a little distant lately... I've been so sick, throwing up several times a day and close to being dehydrated... not fun! I've been feeling a little better the last day or so... I'm hoping things will start looking up!
I have to confess I was also feeling incredibly overwhelmed, scared and saddened by all the losses our group was experiencing. I needed a bit of a break... although I'm feeling a little guilty about that...
Things are going well... had a prenatal all is well... bloodwork is great etc. I'll be 10 weeks on thursday

Congrats to all the Mama's hearing hearbeats! :
Sending thoughts to all of you who aren't feeling so great! I sypathize 100%!
Hang in there!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
A broken diaper sprayer? Wow! So much for saving money by using cloth! : Hopefully your insurance is covering the expenses. That totally sucks though. Not what you need to deal with when you're pregnant!!!

My update... have an u/s this morning, so I'm excited about that. I'm also a wee bit nervous, having read of the recent losses. But I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong, so hopefully I'll see a nice wiggly 9 week old baby in there with a good strong heartbeat. I'll update sometime this afternoon.

Otherwise I'm doing fine. I feel like my nausea wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have sinus drainage galore. My youngest son gave me his cold, and it's just constant sinus drainage down the back of my throat. I lost my voice for a few days, but it's coming back, thankfully. Hard to answer all of a 4 year old's questions without a voice.

DH and I discussed names this weekend, and David is out for a boy, so we have no boy names at all, and he doesn't really want to talk boy names because he thinks it's a girl because of my physiology... basically, I've not been sleeping well (which I think is because of my cold) and I've been hotter than I was in previous pregnancies. I've also had hot flashes, which I have never had in previous pregnancies. But who knows. Maybe it's related to my cold? Really this pregnancy seems similar to my last one, so I dunno. My mom had pretty much the same type of pregnancy with all of us (she didn't throw up, etc.), and she had 2 girls and 1 boy. I am very thankful that I follow my mom's pregnancy and labor patterns, with the exception that I go early and she went to due date or later.

I did mention the name Hannah as a girl's name, and he didn't say no to that, but didn't say yes either, so I don't know. I guess we'll discuss it more as we get closer to 20 weeks. Or maybe he'll decide he wants to wait until after 20 weeks, but I think we should have boy and girl names picked out regardless, since sometimes the u/s does turn out to be wrong on gender.

Oh, DS#1 and I were discussing the u/s for today, and he said "Are you having the baby tomorrow?" and I said "I certainly HOPE not!", and explained again that the baby will come in May or June (I figure probably May, as I don't know if I'll even get to 37 weeks). He said "I think she'll come in June." Yes, he's calling the baby a she. And he wants June because he was born in June.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post

Good luck at your appt. I am sorry about the flood damage. That sounds awful. I hope that the repairs move faster then expected, and you can get back in your own bed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnejy View Post
Hey Mama's!

I've been a little distant lately... I've been so sick, throwing up several times a day and close to being dehydrated... not fun! I've been feeling a little better the last day or so... I'm hoping things will start looking up!
I have to confess I was also feeling incredibly overwhelmed, scared and saddened by all the losses our group was experiencing. I needed a bit of a break... although I'm feeling a little guilty about that...
Things are going well... had a prenatal all is well... bloodwork is great etc. I'll be 10 weeks on thursday
I will be 10 weeks on Thursday too! Sorry you are feeling so awful. I hope that you feel better soon.

I completely understand limiting exposure on here because of all the losses because I do it too. I am so sorry for the moms, and the constant reminder of losing another baby just creates a lot of anxiety for me.

Vera, good luck at your appt! Cannot wait to hear the update!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Lizzy Q - where in the middle of nowhere in CA were you may I ask?
I'm hungry all the time but not queasy- a good thing I hope! With all these momma's having to leave us - I'm not really getting too excited until I pass the 12 week mark......My prenatal's not until Dec 10th......uggg the wait! Wondering how teaching preschool will be this Spring!!!!!! My DH is considering taking a detail 3 hours from here - he'd be gone 3 nights a week - my DS will have a tough time (he'll be 3 in Dec....) Lot's to worry about - trying not too!!!! Off to work!
V

still learning
Old 11-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Erin--that is crazy about the diaper sprayer!!! So sorry!!!! I hope it will be a funny story some day in the future.

I made a signature! Not super fancy, but something.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaShark View Post
Lizzy Q - where in the middle of nowhere in CA were you may I ask?
V
I think that was Erin, cuz I'm stuck in Utah and haven't left for several months.

User Tag List