Back pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is 10 weeks too early for pregnancy back pain?

Thankfully it's definitely not hormonal/crampy pain, but it feels like my sacrum is all out of whack in a really painful way, to the point I'm having trouble walking, sitting, or well moving in general.

Blah!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 01:24 PM

I've had lower back pain for several weeks. I looked some stuff up and it seems to be normal--ligaments loosening, uterus changing size/position.

Although, after reading your post again, mine is not that bad! I just feel it when I move certain ways and it's just sort of sore--like I did a funny exercise the day before.
#3 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I've done googling, and it appears to be 'posterior pelvic pain,' and honestly it's debilitating. If this doesn't go away in a few days I'm seeing a chiropractor, but if that doesn't work, if this keeps up, I'm going to have to quit my job because this sucks a lot.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#4 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 02:26 PM

My back hurts. I also have this weird on-again-off-again pain running through my butt down my thigh... don't know what it is but I'm attributing it to the pregnancy. I strained a muscle in my shoulder yesterday, too lifting something I shouldn't have tried-- I think that may be due to the "loosening ligaments" phenomenon. I complained about it to my DH but all he said was, "your belly is ok though? The baby's ok?" Thanks for the concern for the passenger, hon, but I'm a person too!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#5 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 03:20 PM

Yoga! Can you get to a prenatal yoga class? We spend a decent amount of time talking about proper spinal/hip alignment to prevent back pain and a lot of the poses help to relieve stress down there. At the beginning of each class, we have a chance to tell the instructor what is bothering us, then she adjusts the class to try to help.

One big thing is to tuck your tailbone down and slightly tip your pubic bone up towards your bellybutton. This protects and supports the area and feels pretty good, too.

A few things to try:

cat-cow - easy, feels good, helps back feel better. When in cow, be sure to keep your back aligned and don't over-arch.

child's pose - relaxing, stretches muscles

exercises for pregnancy back pain: http://www.spine-health.com/wellness...ring-pregnancy
#6 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks heatherh, I've been doing yoga since I was 16, specifically Iyengar style Though I've taken a major break during pregnancy between fear of miscarriage, severe nausea (down dog=bad when you're barfy), and exhaustion. I plan to go to a prenatal class tomorrow, if I'm not puking my guts up. And hoping I can get back into my practice soon, but again, puking my guts up.

#7 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Well good. Maybe this is your muscles telling you to go back! A few different nights yoga has actually helped me to feel better and it usually at least stabilizes things a bit while I'm in class. But I'm only threatening barfy, not actual barfy.

I hope it helps!
#8 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 PM

My back is hurting too and I'm not even 8 weeks yet. I think that my posture is bad and I"m probably spending too much time slouching at the computer. I think it's probably time for me to integrate some exercise into my life.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#9 of 9 Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
My back hurts. I also have this weird on-again-off-again pain running through my butt down my thigh... don't know what it is but I'm attributing it to the pregnancy. I strained a muscle in my shoulder yesterday, too lifting something I shouldn't have tried-- I think that may be due to the "loosening ligaments" phenomenon. I complained about it to my DH but all he said was, "your belly is ok though? The baby's ok?" Thanks for the concern for the passenger, hon, but I'm a person too!
Sounds like sciatica for you.

I had sciatica and really bad pain in my lower back (well, entire back really!) with my first and I'm already noticing things and I'm not quite 8 weeks. My mw suggests we do physical therapy if it gets as bad this time around...

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page