Kindergarten potty accident - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just heard from the school nurse that my kindergartener had "an accident" in his pants. She wanted to know if I wanted to bring him some pants or if she could just use some of the extra ones they have. I'm at work, so the extra ones it is.

Just wondering how I should handle it when I pick him up. I bought him a belt last night and didn't want him to wear it until he was sure he could unbuckle it. He insisted on wearing it, though. Not sure if that's the reason. This has never happened before. I'm hoping he isn't really embarassed. He threw up on himself and two other kids during circle time a month or so ago and felt terrible about it.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm certain that he isn't the first kid in his class to do this. It happens. Most K teachers know this is embarrassing and will protect kids from teasing.

I would ask him if he thought the belt was a contributing factor. If not, shrug off the incident as "no big deal, happens to everyone" sort of a thing. If it was, suggest he not wear the belt until he is more confident with it. Either way, I wouldn't make a big deal about it at all.

Unless, of course, he reports that his teacher denied him restroom access, then I would take it up with the teacher. But don't borrow this headache unless it applies.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:33 PM

In DS's kindy, all kids had to send in season-appropriate wear for things like this, so I'm sure it is very common. Poor guy, though--that's not fun!

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently the lunch ladies wouldn't let him go to the bathroom during lunch, so he just peed in his pants. He doesn't seem too phased by it, thankfully. I told him he should try and make sure he goes to the bathroom in his regular classroom before he goes to lunch and he thought that was a good idea.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervee View Post
In DS's kindy, all kids had to send in season-appropriate wear for things like this, so I'm sure it is very common. Poor guy, though--that's not fun!
Same here. My DD had two accidents in Kindergarten.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I send my Kinder with an extra set of uniform approved clothes JIC shes had to use it once accidents happen.

Deanna

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 PM

The nurse called me today during the after school program that DS had 2 accidents today. So I had to come pick him up. I knew it was going to happen today, he had a hard time going poop this morning. So i think he held it up for too long. Not only that, he got "Student of the month" today. I think all the excitement got to him today.
He does wait too long to go poop sometimes. I am working with him on it!

User Tag List