Exercise in self restraint - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine, not my child's

Short version: my daughter is in junior kindergarten. On the bus a boy in senior kindergarten punched her in the face.
The punch was unprovoked, she was just trying to get past him and his reaction was to punch her in the face. Not say anything, just do that. GAH!
This freaked me out on several levels. I had guilt I wasn't there to get her off the bus that day. I was working so it was her babysitter who got her. I was sad for Lily to experience something so unfair as the punch for no reason. I was sad for the boy who thinks that's the way to handle things. I was pissed off at the parents.
I called the school and the VP was concerned and dealt with the situation well. She interviewed the children individually. The boy admitted to punching her in the face unprovoked. He was told to apologise to Lily. Lily accepted the apology graciously apparently. His parents were called and informed of what happened.
I didn't make a big deal of it with Lily as I didn't want her to get freaked out. talked with her and she seemed okay. But inside I'm pretty pissed off. Mostly because this isn't the first time. The boy has a problem with hitting little girls. Apparently not boys, just girls. That would be why I'm upset with the parents. Something isn't right there.
So all I can do is keep my ear to the ground and hope it doesn't happen again.
#2 of 4 Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
MCR

To Lily. I hope she's OK.
Something isn't right in that boys life, he hits only girls, not that hitting is OK at all, but to target females is a red flag.
#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 PM

The boy's parents didn't contact you? I am surprised with children that young that the parents didn't feel the need to call you, to assure you that they have spoken with their son and the behavior will not continue. Document everything and tell Lily to stay away from him. There are other situations involving this boy previously, yet the school only made him apologize? Did the school meet with the boy's parents? Lots of unanswered questions...
#4 of 4 Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDaednu View Post
Mine, not my child's

The boy has a problem with hitting little girls. Apparently not boys, just girls.

If this is a pattern...the unprovoked hitting of girls, I'd be demanding to know why he is still allowed to attend school. I disagree that the VP handled it properly if that is all that was done. This is the school's fault if they had prior knowledge of him doing this more than once. No child should be a sitting duck for an attack like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page