If you can afford a very good private school but chose public instead, what made you decide that way? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After visiting a bunch of private school options, I visited my first public school yesterday, during school hours. I guess I'm biased now, but everything about it put me off. I'll be visiting two more public schools before the summer starts, hopefully, they are better. I'm in love right now w/the most expensive of the private schools I visited (surprise, surprise).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My kids attend public for many reasons. A big one is my DD and DS2 have "special needs" and the public school is much more ready to handle these issues than the private school in the area. My DD did attend private preschool and had a lot of issues which were quickly resolved the next year when she was in public school. This pulls in the other two kids because I do feel strongly about the kids attending school together. Also my oldest two did attend a private preschool. My middle boy attended public preschool because of his speech issues and I found the public preschool much, much better than the private one my kids attended. Due to this, my youngest will be attending there in the fall.

User Tag List