Hockey update/school update - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just wanted to share. First, the kids are loving the school. I did get a call back from the private school in the city and they said they are so sorry they did not hear from me until after the first day of school as they would have loved to have my daughter this year, but they are prohibited from allowing anyone to come in midyear, which is any time after the first day of school. But said they would like us to come in and meet with them as it is likely they would love to have my daughter there for next year. They already received her records.

BUT, my daughter says, ummm,, I doubt it, I am quite happy where I am at. I am happy she is happy!

But on the big worries about the hockey kids taking over and not being held accountable, one got kicked out or rejected today. I thought that would never happen. I mean, I am not saying that anyone deserves to be kicked out over hockey, it was not over hockey. I was outside the Dean's office when she was discussing with another administrator that they just could not let a particular student attend there who is a hockey student. I do not know who the student was, but the hockey was discussed. I was not eaves dropping, they had the door open and knew I was there and waiting to talk.

But, it made me feel better knowing, or at least thinking at this point, that the hockey players will not just skate by unaccountable. Or at least, they hopefully won't. At least one did not. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Thanks for all the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

But, it made me feel better knowing, or at least thinking at this point, that the hockey players will not just skate by unaccountable. Or at least, they hopefully won't. At least one did not. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Thanks for all the help!!
Bolded is mine . So happy your dd is happy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page