Pre-school application - normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi -

Our 2.5 year old DD will be going to a 2-day preschool next September, when she'll be 3.5. We sent in the application this week and we received a letter back, asking for a Teacher Evaluation Form to be completed. It's a series of questions about my daughter's behaviour/cognitive/social skills and is to be completed by a daycare worker, nursery worker or "early preschool" teacher.

Does this strike you as an unusual request? Our daughter is either with me or her nanny and has never been in a daycare/preschool type setting. Apart from a couple of ECFE classes (one hour a week) or Baby Gym, she's never had other "teachers".

I called the Admissions department but they had left for the day, so I hope to get a response tomorrow. FWIW, it's a private, Christian preschool and we had intended our daughter to go to the school from pre-K - 12. I can't imagine that we are the only family at the school who hasn't used daycare. But the letter states that the application will not be processed unless the evaluation form is completed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? How was it resolved?

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#2 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

I think it is ridiculous, but I would just fill it in to the best of your ability. In essence you are her "early preschool" teacher, are you not, lol?
#3 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM

It's standard here. My kids did go to mother's morning out, and I just had the director complete it, and I completed it. They were fine with that. I wrote on the bottom that we hadn't used daycare or done other similar activities.

It's us: DH , DS ; DD ; and me . Also there's the . And the 3 . I . Oh, and .
#4 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 PM

When I applied to a few schools before DD started, they asked for something similar. I just explained that she had never attended any type of school before, and that was that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page