Join Date: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
aaaaaaah!!! volunteering in class is much different than volunteering in school
volunt. in class lasts K and 1st. not much after that.
i did quite a bit in K and 1.
here is what i did
- organised paperwork
- got project work ready
- yup sharpened pencils, coloured pencils
- worked with the kids who were behind (most of my time this is what i did in k)
- gave individual test
- read story out to kids
- do a science project/talk
- do an art project/talk (more in k when they didnt really have that great an art program)
- helped with hw corrections (this is mostly what i did in 1st grade)
- helped kids finish their project work
- helped during art class
- since i was there i would also hang with the kids during recess in the classroom (many stayed back to 'party' with me - however i was fingerprinted so i could be alone with the kids)
others that i have done
- oversee lunch
- oversee playground
- help with certain 'nights' like movie night - do snacks, help set up/take down
- help library - again organise
- help any other teacher who needs any kind of help (mostly to get things organised)
they never, ever ran out of things to do.
if i wanted to volunteer from home i could check hw, tear out and staple decodable books.
|34 members and 14,152 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , bananabee , BarefootBrooke , blessedwithboys , cellowars , contactmaya , Dakotacakes , Deborah , emmy526 , girlspn , greenemami , happy-mama , Hopeful2017 , jamesmorrow , judybean , katelove , kathymuggle , mama24-7 , Michele123 , NaturallyKait , RollerCoasterMama , SarahBovard , sciencemum , shantimama , Skippy918 , Springshowers , StarsFall , TealCandy , thefragile7393 , zebra15 , Zilver|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|