Gift ideas for kids to make for K teacher - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw and appreciated the great thread here about gifts for teachers.  But I'm specifically wondering if folks have ideas for things kids can *make* for their teachers (there were a few ideas in the thread I mentioned, but I'm seeking more).  This is for a Kindergarten teacher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM

my dd made epsom salt baths in jars, cookie mix in jars and spiced nuts in jars in the three years that she has been in school. 

The teachers loved them every year. We aren't sure on this years plan yet, but we will definitely make it again. She loves being a part of making their gifts. And they adore them!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#3 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM

I had my dd make a card.  Actually, it was just a piece of paper thanking her for being dd's teacher, decorated by a drawing by dd of the teacher and children.  Although I also attached a gift card to the local teacher shop, which the teacher did very much appreciate, the teacher was thrilled about the card. If it had just been the homemade card, without any monetary expense from me, she would have been almost as happy.

If you child cannot yet write, then how about brainstorming with your child to make a "top ten list" a la David Letterman about why your child loves your teacher.  Then you could either have your child copy it, or you could print it out on regular paper, and have your child decorate it with crayon drawings. 

#4 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM

My kids bring in cards (and I also donate to the room mom's cash collection for a gift).

DD writes her own card of appreciation - 3rd grade.

DS colored in bubble letters I wrote out saying "Happy Holidays."  He dictated a short note, and then wrote "Love, <Name>" - preK

I'm a college professor, and I will always save the handwritten thank you notes I've gotten from students.  Gifts and tokens are certainly appreciated, but the hand-written note totally tops the box of chocolates.

#5 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Last year we made these chocolate mice.  They were so very cute and easy for the kids to do themselves, we are making them again this year.  It's just a token handmade by the kids gift, we also give a gift card to Barnes and Noble. However our boxes aren't nearly as adorable!

In other years we've made bath salts (I bought a kit at Micheal's) and Russian tea mix.

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#6 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I didn't see the other thread so maybe this was on there. DS has made potholders the last two years for his teachers. I don't know if he'll manage it this year because it is a fair amount of work. But I think the teachers have loved getting them. It is a zero calorie gift (something I always like!) and they are really pretty. Plus, DS likes making them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page