Thinking of starting a Forest Kindergarden / Preschool in Bothell WA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else out there interested?

I am thinking of starting this spring with one morning a week, since I don't know how it will go or if there will be interested folks in my area.

If you're in my area and are interested, let me know!  With folks interested in teaching or attending, we could plan bigger!

My little guy just turned 2, and my community has a couple of acres of forest :)

Thinking of calling it Fox in the Forest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM

It's a great idea, although my boys are too big now, but I wanted to give you this link of another forest preschool opening in the fall in Woodinville:

http://www.atticoutdoorpreschool.org/

Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 PM

There is also Wilderness Awareness School (http://www.wildernessawareness.org/), and I believe Tiny Treks has a preschool program as well. (though those are not officially "forest" groups I don't think, but they are nature oriented)

Clearly, there is interest--but most of these groups have their own private land (Tiny Treks didn't though--and you might be able to get around that since it's just one day a week and I assume you're not going to be preschool licensed--it'd be more like a rec activity, right?) .  You may not be permitted to use city/county public lands for your business.

Best of luck!

User Tag List