Interesting - thanks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I'm new to the forum. I was googling when I came across this site and post.

My daughter is currently attending Montessori CASA program and we are on the journey to finding a private elementary school. It's pretty hard deciding between regular private school, a private school that mixes waldorf, reggio and montessori or a private school that is either montessori only and reggio only or sending her to our local Catholic school (which is a fantastic school in itself).

My husband and I are working with my daughter's teacher to find the right fit for our daughter. Although she is a strong supporter of Montessori (actually part of TMI and a teacher who trains Montessori teachers to be), there are at times other factors to consider (location). Plus, we do have another year (for waiting lists) to see where my daughter is academically and socially, before we have to make our final decisions (grade 1 for DD is in 2 years).

It's' so hard, but exciting.

I think one of the best suggestions given to me was attending all open houses until you are ready to enroll, any end of year concerts, speak to parents, directors, teachers and to visit during school hours.  This way you can get a feel for the school and the community.I did that same for my daughters school she is attending now, although it came from many recommendations....and sometimes that "feeling" is all you need to know it's the right choice..and I have not once regretted the decision sending her to Montessori.

(Reggio would have been my second choice and I'm not much of a fan of Waldorf - again person opinion and not best suited for my daughter and the school system we have here - especially since she will be attending a local regular Catholic high school.)

:)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page