How to make going to Kindergarten fun? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there! My son is going to kindergarten this September. I want to find fun things I can do for him such as drawing him a picture/writing a note for his lunch box, doing bentos, etc. Do you guys have any fun ideas? Also do you have any tips to help him? He's never gone to preschool and has always been with me. So I imagine the separation anxiety might get bad.

Thanks!

Jessica  married to the love of my life
Momma to: Levi (09/06), Junior (09/05) , Teagann (11/10) and two furbabies Nugget and Boo TTC our next bundle of love

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The most important thing is to have a positive attitude about it yourself.  Definitely talk up the cool aspects of school: the lunchbox, the backpack, the new kids he'll meet, all the fun stuff about school, recess, etc.  I'd see if your school has a open house so he can meet the teacher.  My youngest is starting K this fall too and he's very excited and feels good about going since he's gotten to know the teacher a bit and met his bus driver. 

Our school also does a night for the parents to go in and find out exactly what going to happen at school.  They passed out a book to help kids get ready for school too which helped my oldest alot.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My daughter likes to drive by the school playground.  She's really looking forward to using it at recess.  In fact, I think that's the thing she's the most excited about. 

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/familybed2.gif">familybed2.gif  DD1 12/05, DD2 12/08

Computer Engineer- I write better in 1's and 0's. ;-)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thank you guys for the great ideas!

Jessica  married to the love of my life
Momma to: Levi (09/06), Junior (09/05) , Teagann (11/10) and two furbabies Nugget and Boo TTC our next bundle of love

User Tag List