teen DS, writing, practical advice...and a parenting question - mini update#25 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 PM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

A short meeting later, and he has an accomodation in place to use a school supplied computer or keyboarding device of some sort to write tests  orngbiggrin.gif  

orngbiggrin.gif " indeed! Isn't that cool! No real hoop-jumping at all!

I wish it had been that simple here. Our school district has extremely shallow pockets, being so tiny, so they require an IEP before issuing hardware. Apparently they have fewer than two dozen laptops district-wide, with only three of them issued to students (most go to administrators and itinerant teachers). Like I said ... tiny district. So anyway, with the IEP comes additional funding, which then pays for the hardware purchase, which then goes to the student. My ds will finish his evaluation in November, with a possible IEP in place by the end of January. With luck, they might be able to get him a computer by February.

Has he written any tests with the computer yet? Any self-consciousness? My ds jokingly refers to himself as "the dude who doesn't DO pens." His friends seem to think it's all quirky-cool.

Miranda

Mountain mama to one great kid and three great grown-ups
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominmamma View Post

orngbiggrin.gif " indeed! Isn't that cool! No real hoop-jumping at all!

Has he written any tests with the computer yet? Any self-consciousness? My ds jokingly refers to himself as "the dude who doesn't DO pens." His friends seem to think it's all quirky-cool.

Miranda

Nope - the conversation was had last week - he has not had to write tests yet.  He is also being given more time to write tests, although I do not think that is necessary.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page