Football Physical - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, my son is about to start football this year. He needs a sports physical but we don't have health insurance at the moment. I am wondering if anyone has ever used a pay for tests place? Would a school accept a physical from a place like this? Anyone know? Thanks 

#2 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering snakelady. I'm going to move your post to another forum where it will get better input. But I also must remove the link you placed because our spam filter does not tolerate business links from new members. 

#3 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)

Walgreens Take Care clinics does sports physicals for $39. http://takecarehealth.com/what-we-treat.aspx

If you don't have one of these near you, I can't help but think there is something similar near you. This is an issue for a lot of families, so it's a little niche market.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 PM

would your public health office do it?

Our community has a local community health services that has in-house doctors, nurse practitioners and other medical personnel and they charge on a sliding scale fee.

I just went to their website right now and they actually offer Sports Physicals for $20. Maybe your area has something like that?

#5 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

Walgreens Take Care clinics does sports physicals for $39. http://takecarehealth.com/what-we-treat.aspx

If you don't have one of these near you, I can't help but think there is something similar near you. This is an issue for a lot of families, so it's a little niche market.

yeahthat.gif

Many CVS drug stores have the 'Minute Clinic'.  They charge $49 for a sports/school physical.    http://www.minuteclinic.com/services/wellnessandprevention/

#6 of 6 Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakelady View Post

Hi, my son is about to start football this year. He needs a sports physical but we don't have health insurance at the moment. I am wondering if anyone has ever used a pay for tests place? Would a school accept a physical from a place like this? Anyone know? Thanks 

The school (office staff, nurse, coach) may already have a list for parents in this situation.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page