Cool bibliography website... - Mothering Forums

Cool bibliography website...

IdentityCrisisMama's Avatar IdentityCrisisMama (TS)
11:41 AM Liked: 51267
#1 of 4
12-19-2013 | Posts: 10,677

My DC is doing her first paper where she needs to do a bibliography. Her teacher just told us about this website and I wanted to share. 

Search for anything

Search for a book, article, website, or film, or enter the information yourself.

Add it easily

Add it to your bibliography and continue citing to build your works cited list.

Download bibliography

Download your bibliography in either the MLA, APA, Chicago or Turabian formats. It's that easy!

http://www.bibme.org/

beanma's Avatar beanma
08:33 PM Liked: 2618
#2 of 4
12-19-2013 | Posts: 8,097

My kid uses www.easybib.com . I think there are several of them out there now — a lot easier than when I was in school!

IdentityCrisisMama's Avatar IdentityCrisisMama (TS)
08:36 PM Liked: 51267
#3 of 4
12-19-2013 | Posts: 10,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanma View Post

My kid uses www.easybib.com . I think there are several of them out there now — a lot easier than when I was in school!

Right!?! 

EFmom's Avatar EFmom
10:24 AM Liked: 157
#4 of 4
03-11-2014 | Posts: 7,802

Easybib is great.  I've evaluated a bunch of them for accuracy, and Easybib is one of the best.  There's also an app that works with the Easybib website that's pretty cool.

You do have to be careful.  Many of the websites and apps are highly inaccurate.  And the student needs to also be familiar with the appropriate style guides because the output of the best of them is only as good as the input.  If you are uploading citations from research databases, the citation manager can only use what they get.  So if you're doing MLA and the research database only gives initials for the first names, you'll need to edit.

Tags: Learning Resources
Reply Subscribe Learning at School