Pinellas County/St. Petersburg - elementary schools focussing on arts?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello to all of you :treehugger,

My daughter (almost 8) and me will be moving to live with my American fiancee in the St. Petersburg area late this spring or begin of the summer this year. We are currently living in Germany (we are native Germans and have always lived in GE), her spoken level of English is good but she will have to do a lot of catching up on reading and writing.

Our daughter is currently attending a Waldorf school in Germany. I was thinking about enrolling her with Suncoast Waldorf in Palm Harbour but I am not sure anymore as this school ends after 5th grade. My worries are that she will have problems catching up after that in a different school since Waldorf pursues very slow learning. I like the Waldorf principle but it may cause problems when transmitting to a different school in 6th grade.

That's how I found Perkins Elementary that focusses on the arts. This school sounds perfect for my daughter as she is talented in the arts, music and dance (she enjoys that not just at her current school but also in her free time). Unfortunately, we missed the enrollment period for this year and the waiting list is very long for this school.

So, my question is: can anyone here advise me on other good elementary schools in Pinellas County that focus on the arts, music and dance? Public or private, magnet or charter, we are open! 

I hope for some advice from you. Thanks already in advance! :joy 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Welcome Woopsy!  I hope someone familiar with that area gets here soon to help you! 

I would add that it would be good for you to also post this query in our Connecting forum, in the Florida section:

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/77/florida-georgia-alabama

Good luck with your move!!

Tags
School , Learning Resources

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page