Totally awesome first day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-09-2004, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds had the best day today at school!!! He was beaming when he got into the car. He just kept babbling about the whole day, I could barely keep up!!!

He loves his teacher.

He loves his classroom.

He loves his friends.

What a great day at first grade.

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#2 of 6 Old 08-09-2004, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
That's wonderful!! I am always amazed at how early Florida starts. My kids have two more weeks of vacation. I hope his year continues in this vein!!

#3 of 6 Old 08-10-2004, 09:41 AM

They are so cute at that age!
#4 of 6 Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM

its nice when they have a great day my daughter starts school in two weeks and she can not wait she will be having the same teacher she had last year. due to the fact that she moved to first grade.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#5 of 6 Old 08-12-2004, 11:22 AM

it is soooooo great to know that our little ones are happy.
my kids started yesterday too and ds-k-loved his day!!
dd is in a new class-3-4 mix- so she is worried about making friends, but she enjoyed her teachers and the routine soooooo i told her to give it a little time!
#6 of 6 Old 08-13-2004, 09:43 AM

My kids also loved their first day.

My youngest was worried about having a male teacher. I think he is the coolest teacher ever. He studied/lived in China, so he has kites, chinese artwork, and chinese sayings all over his classroom. Dd has a pen pal of sorts who studies chinese and always sends her a postcard with chinese writing, so this was very auspicious for her.

My oldest dd also liked her new teacher; but I didn't get much out of her. She has several new kids in her class, and most of them seem very cool.

I spent the first 1 1/2 hours with youngest dd in her classroom. The teacher put me and another dad to work, and then told us "Stay as long as you want; stay every day! If you want to stay on a regular basis, let me know, and I'll work you into the lessonplans." That is the first time I have ever been specifically invited; sure, most teachers have said to me "Oh, we'd love to have you come and visit any time." but this seemed different, and more sincere.

He did a ton of math manipulatives. They monitor how many days they are in school, and they do it with tally marks, money, one/ten/hundreds units, etc. I think that is totally cool. He also has a student of the day every day. The student is called "The Big Enchilada" and gets to have the trophy (which says "Big Enchilada" on it) at their table. He writes a biography about the kid for the others, and then at calendar time he tells a fantastical story about the child. He sounds like a generally goofy, loving guy. Dd was like "Uhhhh, I think I really like school. I wonder if I can have Mr R every year? I can't wait to be the Big Enchilada!"

I'm so happy they love school! I'm so happy *I* love their school!

Lori

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page