I feel like such bad mommy... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
..But I can't wait until school starts! I mean, I love my kids more than anything, but I can only be sleep deprived for so long. During the school year I am able to sleep from 9am to 3pm (I work 7pm to 7am), but during the summer I only get to sleep for two or three hours max at a time and then get to go make medical decisions all night long. I cannot afford a babysitter in the summer, so I just struggle along as best I can, but by this point in the summer, my nerves are f'in shot. I yell all the time; I feel like I want to run away from home half the time. My mother in law is coming today to take them out on a little day trip and I am inappropriately overjoyed, because I will get to sleep without my daughter (7) coming up every ten minutes and telling me, "Hey, you've slept long enough now, Mommy." Anyone else feel like summer has gone on long enough, or is it just me? Man, I know I shouldn't think this, but I wish I didn't have to work full time. But I carry the health insurance and my job is the one that pays a decent salary, so this is something I just have to get some acceptance with, but it is hard some days. Sorry to be so long winded. Peace to all mommas..
#2 of 4 Old 09-02-2004, 12:30 PM

Why on earth should this make you feel like a bad mother??! You're a human being with needs of your own, and sleep is among the most basic of them. If you're going to get more of it when school starts, why shouldn't you be looking forward to it starting? Makes perfect sense to me, and has nothing to do with your status as any kind of mother. I am always overjoyed when my mother takes ds for the afternoon - no inappropriate about it! Time alone is like gold to every mother I know. Relax, mama.
#3 of 4 Old 09-02-2004, 04:35 PM

I also work a night shift (10-7) and I wondered all summer if I was going to make it.

I'm drained, and exhausted, and I think of running away all the time. I am overjoyed too if dh or my mom can take the kids.

In a perfect world, no one would have to work when most everyone else was sleeping. Don't feel bad, and enjoy your moments of rest.
#4 of 4 Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 AM

2-3 hours max? Did I read that right?

And then make medical decisions?

I'm worried!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page