send to school or not? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2004, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guees it is all new for me!! Bear in mind I have just had my 3rd baby (4 days ago!!)

Dd is 4 1/2 and all her friends have just started school at our local village school- 2 classes with 22 in each- she knows her firends are at school and she is being home educated with her elder sister (who is 13) but I can't help feeling she is missing out on being wih her firends and doing things with them. I have considered going round the school to see what I think about it and if it seems nice- maybe offer dd the choice to spend a day there to see what she thinks.

I feel torn- I adore my daughter and being with her and am reluctant to let her go as I will miss her so much, and miss watching her grow, her first words she writes and reads and all the milestones- but have to consider what is best for her too.

Do you find it hard? Do you miss your little ones when they go? Does it get easier?

Amanda treehugger.gif , UK Mum, married to airline pilot Davesurf.gif . Mum to Emily blahblah.gif (20), Jasmine  dust.gif(11) and Theo fencing.gif(7):

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
First-Congratulations on your new baby!
YES! It is hard deciding what is best for our kids and ultimately I think you go with your gut based on each child and pay close attention to their progress. I'm just sending my little ones to school this week too and it's hard but I do think it gets easier. Especially since I know I can change things if needed-nothing is set in stone. I can find another alternative school or homeschool so since I have options to fall back on I feel more comfortable in the transition. But I did cry the first day last week!
If you think homeschooling is best then can you set up playdates after school for the social interaction with her friends?
I like your idea of letting her attend to see what she thinks. Then she'll know what her friends are talking about and can be a part of the decision. You can always change your mind later if after a while she decides she rather be schooled at home!
Good luck and happy baby days!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.

User Tag List