First day of kindergarden - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is the first day of kindergarden. In less then an hour, I will be putting my baby in the car and driving him to school. I really dont want to do it, but he's so excited. I hope I don't cry in school, although I know I will bawl my eyes out on the way home. It seems like only yesterday I was cuddling him in my arms, nursing him, seeing his first crawl, taking his first steps, I'm gonna cry.
#2 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I need a 2 -- I love that new smilie! Anyway, I'm glad that my ds's kindergarten is only 2 hours and 45 minutes (I could have chosen full-day but didn't). I think that'll be just long enough for both of us.
#3 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 AM

I am crying right along with you. My little man started pre-k this morning. He looked so grown up with his lunchbox and backpack. He walked into the classroom and settled right in, and I didn't want to leave. My mom finally dragged me out of there, and as soon as I walked out the door I lost it, along with a few other moms.

Time flies by too quickly.
2 Hang in there, and just think about all the really cool artwork you'll be gifted with.
#4 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM

2 My DD starts a 3hour 5day 4K program tomorrow. I'm already crying. I bawled for a while last year when DS started. We homeschool, but love this early 4k program, so my baby girl will be going to school in the morning.
#5 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 10:30 AM

the bus just left!! she's too little!!
#6 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

He did great,, found his very own desk and settled right in. He was so proud to already be wearing his nametag when the teacher (who seems wonderful) asked the kids to put theirs on. I hugged and kissed him, and told him I would be there to pick him up later.

However, I did get peeved when walking to the car. There was a little boy just a little older then Michael, he may have been mentally challenged, his speech was very slurred. He was running across the street to the parking lot, crying. His Mom was just walking behind him, saying "Tanner, he isn't out there, he's in the school". He must have been looking for either his brother or his Dad. His Dad comes out after I did and yells "Get your ass back here or I will bust every bone in your butt!" What the hell is wrong with people? He was obviously very upset and scared, sure, running across the street isn't a good thing, but would gently explaining it to him, and hugging him to help him calm down, be such a bad thing?
#7 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 11:59 AM

2 Hugs to you mamas with little ones going to school. And that poor little boy...I just don't understand that his parents would be so harsh.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#8 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 01:42 PM

I know how you feel! My oldest started kindergarten Aug. 9, after never having been to a preschool or day care. I thought it was going to be really hard for both of us, but she hopped in her seat and started coloring. DS got upset leaving her there, but I was fine. Go figure.
I was going to go to the "Tissues and Tea" in the cafeteria, but since I wasn't crying I didn't want to see all the other moms upset and start crying myself, so I left and took DS to the grocery store.
Sorry you had to witness that mean ole' daddy being nasty to his son. Poor kid.

Melanie
#9 of 9 Old 09-07-2004, 02:32 PM

I am right there with you! My dd just started today too. She's done preschool but this just feels so, I don't know...final. And it was weird to get up so early, we usually sleep in!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page