Can you believe it? I got CHEWED out by the principal!!!!???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-18-2004, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter
lab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard!?!?

And you know why she felt the need to lay into me?

Because I have written so many letters to various staff.....

I'll tell you something, I tore that woman a new one! And just wait until after she hears from the Super.

The first words out of her mouth (she literally closed her office door and turned on me!) were "Do you have any idea how you have alienated every teacher at the school?"

I was mortified. She called me "Little Miss PTO", accused my children of lying, said I lied. Made a broad statement that (we got redistricted this year along with about 100-150 other kids. A total of three elementary schools have kids sent to this new school) all the trouble she was having this year was from ***** ***** parents (the school we came from).

I tell you what, as soon as she found out that one of the reasons I had sent a letter was that another boy was exposing himself to my child - she backed the heck up!

I swear I can't believe what some people are thinking?

I'm just venting tonight. This happened yesterday and I'm still upset. I have gone from mad to sad. I'm thinking of stepping down from the PTO Board. I have worked so hard to get along with everybody and to help in any way I can. I was really hurt that she tried to make me believe that I was so thoroughly disliked.

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#2 of 6 Old 09-18-2004, 12:59 AM

Sorry you had to deal with that, but she was way out of line. Good for you for standing up for yourself and not getting flustered after getting attacked like that. If you have a nice discussion w/the super, I'm sure miss snitty will get things straightened out.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#3 of 6 Old 09-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Wow, it's one thing for her to be upset with you, but another to call you 'little miss PTO!" If she were behaving truly professionally, she would have scheduled a time to sit down and go over any concerns she had, legitimate or not. Sounds like she owes you an apology!

#4 of 6 Old 09-18-2004, 02:59 PM

That is just so wrong. I can't believe that a principal would behave like that. I'm glad you stood up for your self and you dc. You stood up for every other mom she thinks she can berate as well.

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#5 of 6 Old 09-18-2004, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
lab

Thanks everyone!

I was pretty upset Thursday. The Super is checking into it this weekend and will have a meeting with the principal and I next week. Here is part of my letter to the super

Dear Dr. *****,

Hope you are well.

I would like to take a few moments of your time and make you aware of some issues I had with Mrs. ***** this morning.

Mrs. ***** and I had a meeting this morning where I was personally attacked. This is very disturbing to me. Not only did Mrs. **** refer to me as 'Little Miss Lisa PTO' but she lead me to believe that I was thoroughly disliked by the staff. Allow me to list some of the more disturbing issues that I took away from our meeting:

* Mrs. ***** does not support individual communication between parents and teachers.
* Mrs. ****** is not concerned for the well being and health of students.
* Mrs. ******* directly attacked the character of my family.
* Mrs. ****** disparaged and belittled me with her body language, tone and demeanor.

I have attached a record of our meeting this morning. Please review at your convenience.

I am concerned at the level of hostility directed towards the students, parents and PTO at ****** Elementary. The overall tone of the school is certainly not parent nor child friendly.

Dr. ****, I am an extremely active and involved parent. I have never refused to help when asked. In the last two years I have volunteered over 500 hours. In my 5 plus years volunteering, I have never felt so disregarded. At this point, I am seriously considering stepping down from the PTO Board.

Thank you for your time and patience. I wanted to bring this to your attention so that you are aware of what is going on.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss further or set up a meeting.

Lisa

Thanks again for the nice comments..... I needed them....

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#6 of 6 Old 09-25-2004, 08:38 AM

Wow. How did the meeting go?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page