Mothering Forum banner

san luis obispo schools

662 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cathe 
#1 ·
Hi--We may be relocating to the CA Central Coast, and I am wondering about San Luis Obispo County Schools. Currently, my oldest daughter is enrolled in a very small, school with a highly differentiated curriculum. . . . Anyone have any information to share for me regarding schools down there? Thanks for your reply. Amy

#2 ·
#3 ·
Are you thinking public or private. I don't have too much knowledge of public schools but I do know many people like the charter school called Bellvue in Avila.

There are also homeschool and private options. This past year, we tried the SlO Classical Academy (www.sloclassicalacademy.com) which is part homeschool, part site school - it is based on the teachings of Charlotte Mason and The Well-Trained Mind.

There is a waldorf type school starting up - contact is Nancy Major, at 239-7488.

There's another alternative school - Manzanita school that I've heard about but don't know much more than that.

There's also this web site = www.scocoe.org which is the county board of education.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.