Looking for alternative schools in Montgomery or Frederick Counties, Md. ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My almost ten yo dd is in a waldorf inspired school and has been for 6 years. We are almost certainly moving to Rockville, Md, and man o man, the Washington Waldorf School is out of my league financially.

Does any one know of any alternative schools in Montgomery or Frederick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 08:58 PM

Hi Moon!

I can't be of too much help because my DD will be going to a Jewish school next year (she's 3) but I wanted to say "welcome" to Rockville! I lived there for 7 years, just moved to Bethesda (next town over).

If you have any questions about the area, feel free to PM me!
#3 of 7 Old 04-28-2003, 11:36 PM

Welcome to MD! I grew up in Montgomery Co. but went to public school. I am getting ready to send my older daughter (4 yrs) to a beginning Waldorf school in Annapolis (Annapolis Children's Garden) so I can appreciate that you were interested in the Washington Waldorf school. I do not know of any alternative schools offhand but suggest you do a search online.
I know what you mean about Waldorf schools being so expensive! I have decided that Waldorf is what I'd like for preschool for both of my dds and am happy I can give that to them. Since they are two years apart, we can afford to send them, one at a time. After preschool, they will need to go to public school for kindergarten and beyond. I've heard good things about the public school they will attend so I'm not too worried.

Best of luck!

~Melissa
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2003, 11:43 AM

Moon ~ I replied to your previous thread about schools, but wanted to add that I live in North Potomac, just a few miles outside of Rockville. DS #1 attends middle school in Rockville. Please feel free to let me know if I can help your transition at all - answer any questions, etc. I think you'll really like this area
#5 of 7 Old 05-13-2003, 10:44 AM

There is a charter Montessori school in Frederick that is free to Frederick co residents but I think there is a long waiting list. I think there is also a Montessori that is fee based near there as well so you may want to check out those. I'm sorry I don't know the names of any of these but I know you can find them on the web if you do a search.
#6 of 7 Old 06-23-2003, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I don't know how I mamaged to lose this thread, but I did.

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it. Our move has been put on hold, temporarily, but we will end up there sooner or later.

Elvie, thanks!
#7 of 7 Old 07-23-2003, 01:24 AM

There is a Sudbury School called the Fairhaven School in Upper Marlboro. I am not exactly sure how close that is...
Hope it is of some help.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page